• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday trading/giving away thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanadeus

Banned
Hm, the HL2 I got from Coop doesn't show up in my inventory, but is still in my inventory trading history (shown as being received by me).

I guess all of this will clear in a couple of days, so no worries.

Anybody have Counterstrike Source they want to trade? I have been wanting to get a copy of that for a while. Also looking for Half Life 2 (ashamed that I have not played it on PC yet...only 360 version)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I've got Serious Sam HD for trade!

Okay, stupid question: if I have a game in my library, how do I trade it/gift it?

If you go into your inventory you can click on the game and pick to gift it, can use the persons e-mail or add them on Steam. For trading you're going to want to use the trade program on Steam.

*Wait, I don't think you can trade games in your Library, if you mean your list of games.*

pramath

Banned
If you go into your inventory you can click on the game and pick to gift it, can use the persons e-mail or add them on Steam. For trading you're going to want to use the trade program on Steam.

*Wait, I don't think you can trade games in your Library, if you mean your list of games.*

Okay, so I can't trade games in my library... darn.
Can I at least gift the games in my library?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

If they're in your library, you can't trade or gift them. They are yours forever, or at least until you get banned from Steam or Valve goes under. For a game to be giftable and/or tradeable, you have to purchase it as a gift.

Nope, the only ones you can gift or trade are located in your inventory (Maybe I'm wrong not 100% sure) unless during checkout you pick the gifting option.

*Beaten.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

You can't do anything with a game in your library. Once it's in your library it's considered "opened", and you can't do anything with it except play it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I guess the gifting spirit in this thread has pretty much died already lol.

Dont worry, will be back. Its the first day of the sales, I usually end up buying a few copies of a game I love and gifting them away. I am probably not the only one there.

Dmax3901

I have HL2, Ep 1 (x2), Portal, Counter Strike: Source, HL2 Deathmatch and L4D.

Add me on Steam (dmax3901) and we'll see what we can work out.

EDIT: And a 50% Valve coupon.

pramath

Banned
You can't do anything with a game in your library. Once it's in your library it's considered "opened", and you can't do anything with it except play it.
Okay.
Well that sucks. I had some games in my library I would never have touched, and I would have gifted them. Guess I'm stuck with them lol.

MRORANGE

Dont worry, will be back. Its the first day of the sales, I usually end up buying a few copies of a game I love and gifting them away. I am probably not the only one there.

maybe it's just me, but I feel gaffers who charge others for portal, indie keys, free DIRT3 keys, DOTA2 or anything else that is free is more or less sending out a big middle finger to the whole Gaf community aspect.

Qwomo

Fuck it, I'll gift Portal and HL2 to anyone who wants 'em. :p

Shanadeus and RoadHazard got dis shit.

Derrick01

Banned
I have a 50% off any Strategy First game, willing to trade for a different 50% off developer coupon (not valve though, have that one already :p). Preferably Paradox but I don't even know if that one exists.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
GIVING AWAY:

1 copy of Bioshock
1 copy of Portal
1 copy of Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition (the original Deus Ex)

First person who quotes my post with his or her Steam user name and specifies which game they want gets it! Only one game per person.

edit:

Gez, please PM me your user name for Bioshock.

Vamphuntr, I'll be sending Deus Ex along shortly!

Card Boy

Banned
GIVING AWAY:

1 copy of Bioshock
1 copy of Portal

First person who quotes my post with his or her Steam user name and specifies which game they want gets it! Only one game per person.

Bioshock plz

can i pm my username? I dont like lurkers knowing it.

Bossniak

GIVING AWAY:

1 copy of Bioshock
1 copy of Portal

Robbed

But high five for Witcher 2 avatar.

Vamphuntr

GIVING AWAY:

1 copy of Bioshock
1 copy of Portal

Deus Ex? Vamphuntr

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
GIVING AWAY:

1 copy of Bioshock
1 copy of Portal

DopeyFish Deus Ex

edit: fuckkkk

alf717

I have a -50% off Valve and -50% Nordic Games coupon. Looking for Portal 2, Counter-Strike Source, Amnesia, or the original cheap cheap version of Dead Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom