• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there an option to receive a notification when someone quote you?

On Steam Community or GAF? In either case you can instead search for your name or, if you sport a common name/word, use quote=yournamehere. The problem Steam Community is that you can only search for text within a given app's specific hub. As mentioned above, GAF did have a "Who's quoted me feature?" for a brief while; it was removed due to being too much of a resource hog.

pahamrick

Today (January 14th, for those in the future.) is officially the 33rd anniversary of the day of my birth.

So, here's a tiny something from me to you.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Summoner -- MB-05D49EA3CFAB379C - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-3D9DD1EDA15FEF38 - Taken by Conrad Link. 1 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-AE151410C84C26AC - Taken by nja
Knights of Pen and Paper Plus 1 Edition -- MB-8DB57414A2D66783 - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.

t1421240836z1.png

JaseC

So publishers are just going to label every negative review as a funny review. Oh yeah this is going to go over well.

I'd guess that a certain percentage of "Funny review" reports have to be filed before the review is flagged for, uh, review. Developers don't have final say when it comes to reviews being flagged as inappropriate (that's left up to moderators and, higher still, Valve employees themselves) and I doubt that's going to change.

Arthea

oh ya, I was supposed to rant about Sega bass fishing last weekend, but then I started Transistor and totally forgot.
Those controls are bad, like in awful, they are killing the game. Is it any way to improve it, some mod for mouse to work at least for aiming-area picking, for example? Or nobody plays and cares?

edited: Happy birthday, pahamrick

Kinda late here, but kudos to the person giving away Distance. Just going by the Early Access version, it's a fun game. I'll get back to it once it the "full" version is released.

I really wish I had more time to go back and finish 100%'ing Dark Souls 2. Only have a few achievements left relating to getting all the sorceries, hexes, etc. But that means going into a 3rd playthrough.

Shame.

Arthea

At least they are improving something instead of adding more features :p

I'm not sure it'll turn to be improvement... It means these won't count as negative-positive reviews, because that's the case, volvo ruined all system, however flawed it was, it still kinda worked, more or less

edited: what I mean, even if I write a joke review, my thumb is very serious, I assume that's the case for all joke reviews.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really wish I had more time to go back and finish 100%'ing Dark Souls 2. Only have a few achievements left relating to getting all the sorceries, hexes, etc. But that means going into a 3rd playthrough.

Shame.
Yeah, I'm missing like 2-3 spells in each category and I've been putting it off for the same reason. The NG++ or obscene covenant requirements were pretty dickish of them seeing as that Dark Souls 1 didn't require more than 10-30 of whatever activity to unlock covenant stuff.

Robert7lee

Neo Member
Sorry if posting in wrong thread.

Double dipped on me2 on pc was annoyed and angry there is no official controller support I have since found 2 ways to play the game with a controller,

One is with xpadder, which doesn't feel very smoother especially with aiming, on the plus side rumble is mapped to RT.

Then there's a Coalesced ini file available which offers partial controller support and changes menu layout like consoles, but no rumble..

Has anyone been able to find a perfect method of playing this with a controller...on pc?

Bioware didn't do gamepad for PC version for any of the ME games so there is no perfect method. Xpadder stuff is probably your best option. The game is really designed for M/KB. Its so much better that way. Give it a shot.

Games like that have no business being compatible with a controller if you ask me. Just my opinion ofc.

Edit: also be careful with the ini method because I read somewhere its easy to screw it up to the point where you will need to use both controller and mouse to finish dialogue portions when playing.

I was hoping someone on GAF, if anyone would have found a good way of playing it with a controller.

This games plays perfectly well on consoles with a controller, which is how I've been playing it since it was released. I'm not sure about why games like these have no business being compatible with controller, I like to play this whilst lying down.

I'd guess that a certain percentage of "Funny review" reports have to be filed before the review is flagged for, uh, review. Developers don't have final say when it comes to reviews being flagged as inappropriate (that's left up to moderators and, higher still, Valve employees themselves) and I doubt that's going to change.

And as we all know, moderators and valve employees are dedicated to ensuring the appropriateness of flags. Just like all those Disney games that get tagged with things like "Dark Fantasy," "World War II," "Nudity," "Violent," etc. They get taken down almost immediately after someone reports them! ...Right? ...Oh.

Knurek

oh ya, I was supposed to rant about Sega bass fishing last weekend, but then I started Transistor and totally forgot.
Those controls are bad, like in awful, they are killing the game. Is it any way to improve it, some mod for mouse to work at least for aiming-area picking, for example? Or nobody plays and cares?

You really need to have this controller to play the game correctly.

Damn, halfway through January and I'm still ways off from having beaten 10 games.
Need to look for some short-ish ones, quota to be met and all that.
They Breathe, Shelter, some freeware adventure games should suffice, right? Need to finish Mega Man 3 as well, that shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours...
Decisions, decisions...

And as we all know, moderators and valve employees are dedicated to ensuring the appropriateness of flags. Just like all those Disney games that get tagged with things like "Dark Fantasy," "World War II," "Nudity," "Violent," etc. They get taken down almost immediately after someone reports them! ...Right? ...Oh.

Valve employees have no time for that, they are super busy with... oh wait.

Yeah, I'm missing like 2-3 spells in each category and I've been putting it off for the same reason. The NG++ or obscene covenant requirements were pretty dickish of them seeing as that Dark Souls 1 didn't require more than 10-30 of whatever activity to unlock covenant stuff.

That's pretty much where I'm at as well. NG+ provides nothing but a grind to NG++. I loved DaS2, but not enough to grind through it twice when I have a long list of games to play through for the first time.

JaseC

So, Scratches: Director's Cut was pulled earlier and may not return. Meridian4 doesn't own the game and in such cases publishing rights always revert back to the copyright owner after some time -- the problem here is that the copyright owner, two-man outfit Nucleosys, shut up shop in 2009. I can't seem to find any information on what happened to Scratches, however if it went with one of the co-founders to Senscape or was otherwise sold, then it'll probably be back soon enough; otherwise it exists in limbo.

Deques

So, Scratches: Director's Cut was pulled earlier and may not return. Meridian4 doesn't own the game and in such cases publishing rights always revert back to the copyright owner after some time -- the problem here is that the copyright owner, two-man outfit Nucleosys, shut up shop in 2009. I can't seem to find any information on what happened to Scratches, however if it went with one of the co-founders to Senscape or was otherwise sold, then it'll probably be back soon enough; otherwise it exists in limbo.

Was this in a bundle before? Because I don't remember I got it at all.

Buying too many game bundles is problematic if you want to remember what games you have >.<

Dr Dogg

One thing I've been noticing with my gaming habits as of the last year is that I'm finding differing stopping points due to various factors and my enjoyment with said game. For example I didn't get all the collectibles for Far Cry 3 but just enough to get all the achievements where as I wouldn't leave an island on Black Flag unless it was clear of icons. Most game I tend to playthrough the first time without looking at the achievements just so I can enjoy it and not feel obliged to go out of my way to do things. Some I will go through again and mop things up straight after where others I will leave for months or years later when there's a lull in releases or a time when I have an urge to revisit something. Others get cast to the side never to be spoken of again.

But the one common thing between all of them is that if the game is starting to feel like work and not fun anymore then I have no qualms shelving it. Saying that due to a local HMV about to go up the spout, sensing a deal on FFXIV timecards possible due to their being bloody loads there and what with a new patch on the horizon I get the feeling I might be falling down that hole again for a while.

Edit: Oh and Happy B'Day pahamrick.

I was playing Space Channel 5: Part 2 earlier and it was being an enjoyable experience, but at the second stage the frame rate started to drop, the worst part being the level boss, it becomes unplayable when the games runs at 18fps. :(

Edit: Searching on the community it seems this problem was introduced in the patch that added achievements to the Dreancast collection.

JaseC

Was this in a bundle before? Because I don't remember I got it at all.

Buying too many game bundles is problematic if you want to remember what games you have >.<

Yeah, it was bundled quite a few times (mostly Groupees).

Bigby

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bigby, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Desura) -- MB-BCE01C55C549BA92 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) -- MB-CAA77411FA6B54D2 - Taken by rrvv

ExoSoul

Banned
This is quite the scrub question but if I buy a pack (like the 1C Strategy Collection or the Darksiders Collection) from Steam's store any choose to have it in my inventory as a gift do I then get to activate specific items and gift the others or is it stored as a single item?

This is quite the scrub question but if I buy a pack (like the 1C Strategy Collection or the Darksiders Collection) from Steam's store any choose to have it in my inventory as a gift do I then get to activate specific items and gift the others or is it stored as a single item?

No, it's a single item, you either activate the whole thing or gift the whole thing, can't split it.

Watch dogs, why you gotta be so damn mediocre? It's like someone took the filler missions in a GTA game and made a whole game around that. C'mon, ubisoft, you gotta make this shit come together for WD2.

JaseC

Ouch, Myst is still bugged as hell. When I click on the fence after climbing the stair, instead of Myst Island I have fucked up textures, can't even take a screenshot because overlay doesn't work.

It just looks that way because you have one eye.

Watch dogs, why you gotta be so damn mediocre? It's like someone took the filler missions in a GTA game and made a whole game around that. C'mon, ubisoft, you gotta make this shit come together for WD2.

I can run Watch Dogs acceptably with max settings aside from textures, but the moment-to-moment gameplay didn't do much for me. My disinterest in Watch Dogs is why I hope Ubi doesn't go all out with a modern-day AssCreed.

Megauap

Some bundles leftovers... Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Megauap, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pid -- MB-E3882858BD052938 - Taken by The Reloader. 2 entrants total.
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold -- MB-AA65AAF1FB5CA094 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.

t1421248676z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
As a mainly PC gamer I've never seen anyone use PC Master race that generally wasn't a giant tool, so I have no objections for the term going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom