• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

When I was visiting family at Christmas my 15 year old nephew said out loud 'lol' exactly as you would phonetically. He didn't actually laugh out loud he just said 'lol' in a very dour tone of voice. While the internet has made communication much, much more quicker, easier and far reaching it, along with text messages have a lot to answer for how some folks chose to communicate face to face.

Dr Dogg

It's usually thrown out preemptively by console warriors in every PC vs console thread.

Hahaha as if 'Console Warriors' is any better. Though there are some who firmly wear their hearts on their sleeves or avatars in the case of some on GAF.

Personally I find it a tad unhealthy the levels of fanaticism some have for a technology company and the lengths they will go to defend or ridicule them. It's like a piss poor version of Rollerball playing out across gaming message boards.

The most cringeworthy shit to come out of pc gaming. They are not unlike the GGers,

No way. The PC Master Race wasn't done as an attack on anymore like GGers are. It was a little bit of self deprecating meme. Totally for fun and not to mean any harm. Yeah I agree the meme is worn out and needs to be put to rest.

Tizoc

Well then
54B687F34D36F60023

54B6883C5061B00007

54B685273B21B40022

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOJlo3a_J7Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvXh_qLWCIw

Dr Dogg

Well then
http://i1.ruliweb.daumcdn.net/uf/image/U01/ruliweb/54B687F34D36F60023[img]
[img]http://i1.ruliweb.daumcdn.net/uf/image/U01/ruliweb/54B6883C5061B00007[img]
[img]http://i1.ruliweb.daumcdn.net/uf/image/U01/ruliweb/54B685273B21B40022[img]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOJlo3a_J7Q[/url]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvXh_qLWCIw[/url][/QUOTE]

I've always found it odd, borderline creepy that a young girls age is displayed in quite a few Japanese fighters, like something straight out of Idol culture or an issue of Smash Hits (I guess non UK folk won't get that reference). As if it's kind of saying 'Don't worry guys and gals she 18, so it's alright to perv'.

Saying that I got the piss royally taken out of me playing Bayonetta 2 for being a dirty old letch. No matter how many times I said 'but it's a really good game' it was always countered with 'suuure it is'.

Durante

When I was visiting family at Christmas my 15 year old nephew said out loud 'lol' exactly as you would phonetically. He didn't actually laugh out loud he just said 'lol' in a very dour tone of voice. While the internet has made communication much, much more quicker, easier and far reaching it, along with text messages have a lot to answer for how some folks chose to communicate face to face.
I was also taken aback the first time I heard that.

On the other hand, is it really all that different from any other language evolution?

Alternatively, just think of him as an Elcor.

derExperte

I sometimes say lol out loud. But only when I'm alone.

I wound up giving up on this one midway (maybe most of the way?) through.

Completed it a minute ago (9th finished game this year, yay), it's not very long and when you master a sequence of difficult jumps it's really rewarding but some ledges seem to be a few cm too short just to annoy the player. Also forget playing this with a controller. But at least they made one hard section later in the game easier.

dani_dc

Hahaha as if 'Console Warriors' is any better. Though there are some who firmly wear their hearts on their sleeves or avatars in the case of some on GAF.

Personally I find it a tad unhealthy the levels of fanaticism some have for a technology company and the lengths they will go to defend or ridicule them. It's like a piss poor version of Rollerball playing out across gaming message boards.

"Console Warriors" doesn't has the same connotation that "Master Race" has though.

I thought the non-ironic use of the term was bannable here on GAF already.

Ozium

https://www.indiegala.com/strategic

$1.89 for TWO bundles

1953: NATO vs Warsaw Pact (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Strategic War in Europe (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Legions of Ashworld (STEAM)
Storm over the Pacific (STEAM)
World War 2: Time of Wrath (STEAM)
Cubesis (STEAM)

Today (January 14th, for those in the future.) is officially the 33rd anniversary of the day of my birth.
Happy birthday old man! ;)
Well then
54B685273B21B40022
Damn, she's pretty well developed for an 18 year old o_O
Drank her milk steadily I suppose.

Honoka? More like Honkera am I right guys. Guys?
Yeah, about that...
I play at 768p. :) Better IQ and framerate most of the times, but nevertheless, 768p.
I know that feeling :(
Playing Dark Souls at 700x394 but at least with enjoyable framerates of 20-30.

But sometimes I feel I miss out on stuff just because of visuals.
Ah well.

On that note. Is it possible for me to play a game via Steam Streaming from a friends much more powerful PC ? Like Onlive or PSNow.

I really would love to try that out.
I so often see joke reviews which are positive on Steam. Wonder if this will bring down reviews overall.
We're two weeks (and some change) shy of it being a year since SiN Gold hit GOG (time certainly flies). Hurry up with that Steam version already, MumboJumbo!
Is or was there ever confirmation that the game would come out on Steam at all?

Both SiN games, Gold & Episodes look really like fun games for people who enjoyed FPS during HL1-HL2 era. Hope it comes.

Dr Dogg

I was also taken aback the first time I heard that.

On the other hand, is it really all that different from any other language evolution?

Alternatively, just think of him as an Elcor.

Yeah very true, that or just shows how out of touch and old I am, hey probably both.

Though I did genuinely chuckle that he could have a touch of Elcor in him.

"Console Warriors" doesn't has the same connotation that "Master Race" has though.

I thought the non-ironic use of the term was bannable here on GAF already.

But that's just the thing though as it's thrown around without the thought of association just as some thrown around the word rape recklessly. Also the whole eye for an eye of trying to counter a pejorative with another is only going to perpetuate both ignorance and further usage, regardless if one carries more baggage than the other hence my post.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is or was there ever confirmation that the game would come out on Steam at all?

Both SiN games, Gold & Episodes look really like fun games for people who enjoyed FPS during HL1-HL2 era. Hope it comes.

Nope (I e-mailed MumboJumbo but got a fairly useless response), however these days GOG exclusives tend to show up on Steam after some time if the publisher already has a presence, with the exception of Ubisoft and EA games.

Apparently Honoka has some cursed hand or something.

Maybe it's like Ryu's arm in Ninja Gaiden 3.

Oh jeeze...Of all the games to be reminded of....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Legions of Ashworld -- MB-764976A44B100256 - Taken by darkchewie
Cubesis -- MB-47A29C6D49774B4E - Taken by redlacs
World War 2: Time of Wrath -- MB-8AE9BCB08B5A0119 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Storm Over the Pacific #2 -- MB-A0DECFBDC0A1E16E - Taken by bluechox2
Cubesis #2 -- MB-81F75FD17E2C635A - Taken by jshackles
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-F1F1B7E830647B47 - Taken by lindarasta
World War 2: Time of Wrath #2 -- MB-1ED63F579E3D5B6B - Taken by Pranay_
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss #2 -- MB-0C1B2D461E63EE9E - Taken by nja
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-4ECE5DE430B818D3 - Taken by autoduelist
Storm Over the Pacific -- MB-034E553D5D5BD829 - Taken by SeZMehK
1953: NATO vs Warsaw Pact -- MB-A2E285B4BAED1C83 - Taken by Ozium
Strategic War in Europe #2 -- MB-8738AF081315A404 - Taken by 7Sins

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Morning fellow Master Racers!

Have we figured out any new and exciting ways to discriminate against the console rats?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom