• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Ok, wait, I have a shitty idea. I have The Long Dark in my inventory (worth 20,00 Dollar right now!). I would trade that for Sakura Angels and 4 sacks of gems (7,50 Dollar + 2,20 Dollar = 9,70 Dollar, which is still cheaper than the cheapest The Long Dark ever was ).

I would also take Sakura Angels + Hexcells.

Deal bruh. Add me on Steam.

Thanks for the trade. Now let me just get my lube ready. For smoother key pushing.

Yes! I'll be waiting to read the detailed impressions.

Holy crap. I am barely a few minutes in and the shit is already piling up.

Shit, who approved this blush? That looks like somebody drove their bike over her face.

more importantly, that student's clothing looks uncomfortable, impractical, and she looks like she's about 9 feet tall. Like, she's putting that vest on completely around her breasts and then buttoning down the bottom half or something?

Miguel81

After the fervent hate that Frost has given Strider, I decided to give it a try ;)

The visual style is clean and nice, but entirely forgettable and one place tends to blend into the next. The combat lacks decent feedback and gives me no satisfaction when dispatching enemies. The Metroidvania design doesn't provide the sense of wonder that one would get out of Super Metroid, SOTN, or evan a certain beautiful title from 2007(Aquaria). I'll play it till completion, but if it hasn't clicked so far I doubt it ever will. I figure Strider 2 will remain my favorite in the franchise, and won't be topped anytime soon.

Sajjaja

more importantly, that student's clothing looks uncomfortable, impractical, and she looks like she's about 9 foot tall. Like, she's putting that vest on completely around her breasts and then buttoning down the bottom half or something?

she has to get senpai to notice her somehow

madjoki

I also really don't think the delays of the PC version are for "extra work" but rather just to maximise sales per platform.

Pretty much this. Max Payne3 had -50%, ~6 weeks after launch so I'm hoping something similar. Although I don't expect GTA get sale that quick.

autoduelist

moved to firefox after having a few issues with chrome and here i find that every so often going to a game's steam store pages crashes firefox entirely? anyone had that happen?

Firefox has been crashing on me pretty much everytime I go to any Steam community forum page, starting very recently. I was googling some info on Might & magic X legacy and so it happened like 20 times last night. Extremely annoying. I guess I'm glad it's not just me, as that means someone will likely fix it vs. me having to reinstall everything.

i think it's fine in some cases, but the way it's haphazardly used is kind of sick when talking about delicate stuff like that.

I honestly don't know how it can be avoided. A woman with a bruised eye is 'code' for 'domestic abuse' in every cop show. A badly tattoo'd number on an arm is 'code' for Holocaust survivor in every movie/tv show ever. They don't always get into deep discussions on it, because the entire point of a visual reference is to put forth a huge data dump into viewers minds with a simple, quick image. I don't think that's 'haphazard', I think that's an effective use of the medium and, more importantly, how human communication works. Not everything needs a back story when a simple image can get the viewers mind to 'fill in' the relevant backstory in an instant.

It worth noting this isn't just used for 'bad stuff', it's used for everything. It's how all communication works. You see a kid smiling and opening a present in a tv show, and you 'know' it's probably their birthday w/o it ever being stated. You see a cop staring in a mirror and taking a pill and you 'know' he's probably addicted to painkillers due to some previous injury. It's just visual story telling at its purest. Our minds are meant to fill in the blanks, if everything was explained every time we'd quickly grow to hate it.

madjoki

Firefox has been crashing on me pretty much everytime I go to any Steam community forum page, starting very recently. I was googling some info on Might & magic X legacy and so it happened like 20 times last night. Extremely annoying. I guess I'm glad it's not just me, as that means someone will likely fix it vs. me having to reinstall everything.

Update / disable Enhanced Steam.

After the fervent hate that Frost has given Strider, I decided to give it a try ;)

The visual style is clean and nice, but entirely forgettable and one place tends to blend into the next. The combat lacks decent feedback and gives me no satisfaction when dispatching enemies. The Metroidvania design doesn't provide the sense of wonder that one would get out of Super Metroid, SOTN, or evan a certain beautiful title from 2007(Aquaria). I'll play it till completion, but if it hasn't clicked so far I doubt it ever will. I figure Strider 2 will remain my favorite in the franchise, and won't be topped anytime soon.

I played about a handful of metroidvanias last year and it was by far the worst. Not that it was bad, it was just very middling. I enjoyed Batman Blackgate HD more, and that's saying something given that it has a shitty map and 2 very obvious filler sections.

Chariot

Yes! I'll be waiting to read the detailed impressions.
Currently uploading all the screenshots I made. Way too many for about 40 minutes, but I can't take anymore in one sitting of this garbage anyways.

more importantly, that student's clothing looks uncomfortable, impractical, and she looks like she's about 9 feet tall. Like, she's putting that vest on completely around her breasts and then buttoning down the bottom half or something?
lol, yeah. Wouldn't wanna wear that.

I suppose they figured you wouldn't be looking at her face.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There is an illegal amount of pantsu in that Sakura Angels trailer.
There's an illegal amount of brain deadity in that game.

Miguel81

I played about a handful of metroidvanias last year and it was by far the worst. Not that it was bad, it was just very middling. I enjoyed Batman Blackgate HD more, and that's saying something given that it has a shitty map and 2 very obvious filler sections.

I had hoped that I would like the game. It's unfortunate that I just cannot find anything that really resonates with me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gat Out Of Hell 75% off price mistake on Gamestop, get it while it's hot (US region locked key)

Awesome, thanks. Their confirmation says they won't charge my card or send the key until the download is available, so hopefully they don't cancel on me.

Gat Out Of Hell 75% off price mistake on Gamestop, get it while it's hot (US region locked key)

Awesome. Got my order confirmation, but keys don't ship until the game is released, I guess.

Does anyone know if Gamestop is decent about honoring those obvious price mistakes?

EDIT: Should have hit preview and noticed the same sort of sentiment is, like, directly above me. Twice.

Looks more like she's wearing a corset. Those are common in Japanese school uniforms, right?

Thanks for the heads up...had a few dollars left on a gift card from Christmas so I went ahead and got this

Now it's just wait and see if they honor the sales or reject them if it's a glitch

dex3108

So few friends asked me about GTA V purchase from Nuuvem and i advised them to wait. And i would advise it to all SteamGAF members too. Reason is simple we don't know what regional restrictions will be present in Social Club. Will R* lock Social Club keys or include only languages from region where game is purchased etc.

Turfster

I would have done it if they didn't employ the $=€ conversion. As it is, it gets relegated to a 75% off purchase. I'll hope for Chariot/Turfster to immolate themselves for us all once again.

I did not buy my copy of Spirit.
I will play and do the whole screenshot thing in my activity feed again if I get it eventually, though.
Of course, Chariot already sacrificed themselves, so maybe I don't have to.

Humble daily Kerbal 40% off
Humble weekend Games Workshop
  • Space Marine 75% off
  • Dawn of War Franchise 75% off
  • Kill Team 75% off
  • Space Hulk 88% off
  • Space Hulk Ascension 33% off
  • Blood Bowl Chaos Edition 75% off
  • Chainsaw Warrior 60% off

Games Republic Capcom Sale
  • Dark Void 75% off
  • Ducktales Remastered 50% off
  • Dark Void Zero 68% off
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV 39% off
  • Dungeons & Dragons Mystara 50% off
  • Flock 75% off
  • Age of Booty 74% off
  • Bionic Commando Rearmed 78% off
  • Dead Rising 3 25% off
  • Devil May Cry 3 75% off
  • Devil May Cry 4 75% off
  • DmC 75% off
  • Remember Me 50% off
  • Resident Evil Revelaitons 50% off
  • Resident Evil 4 40% off
  • Resident Evil 6 50% off
  • Strider 50% off

Newegg is selling an AMD Reward Card for 10$ that lets you pick one of these games:
  • Thi4f
  • Murdered Soul Suspect
  • Sniper Elite III
  • LEGO Batman 3
  • Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom