• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Game -- MB-0266C3DC625BE5F2 - Taken by Akuosa. 7 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Mystery Game #2 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1421645612z1.png

Tizoc

EDIT: Sorry guys I can't make threads anymore, if not for the foreseeable future =/

There's a launch party at the YouTube Space LA, though there are requirements that may prevent me from making it open invite...

Voice-controlled RTS (though also supports KB/M)

I shall research this more and eventually throw my money at the screen for it.

That FOV value is vertical FOV.
Code:
Tables (V = vertical, H = horizontal, D = diagonal)

Rounded values only. I also went to the trouble of determining diagonals.

16:9 monitors (eg. 1920x1080, 1366x768, 2650x1440):

40 V =  66 H =  73 D
 47 V =  75 H =  83 D
 52 V =  82 H =  90 D
 59 V =  90 H =  98 D
 73 V = 106 H = 113 D

16:10 monitors (eg. 1680x1050, 1920x1200):

40 V =  60 H =  69 D
 51 V =  75 H =  84 D
 56 V =  81 H =  90 D
 64 V =  90 H =  99 D
 73 V = 100 H = 109 D

Well that makes more sense, I thought I was going crazy. Still, 75 is still waay too low for me considering the input smoothing and headpopping. Very rare games do this to me but SotC, Jazzpunk and AI are the notable exceptions.

zkylon

zkylewd
a story about my uncle, please don't ask me to beat parts of the game without using the grappling hook. i know you're not forcing me to, but teasing me with it will make me want to try and then i'll get angry at you, and we were getting along so well!

so yea, pls no more first person platforming

tyty

edit: also pls remember my rumble settings, story about my uncle. you almost gave me a heart attack

Well that makes more sense, I thought I was going crazy. Still, 75 is still waay too low for me considering the input smoothing and headpopping. Very rare games do this to me but SotC, Jazzpunk and AI are the notable exceptions.
Yeah, tried to play Jazzpunk yesterday, it made me motion sick.

Lain

Went through my bundle backlog and found the following shitty devs not honouring their key commitments (some ignoring all questions, some trying to pull the "you bought a key for my /regular/ edition. the /steam/ edition has over 45 seconds of new content so you're not entitled to a key for it."

The Body Changer Forum Thread 1 - Forum Thread 2 0 users playing now, 4 all-time peak
Hippocampal: The White Room Forum Thread 1 - Forum Thread 2 - 0 users playing now, 4 all-time peak 51% negative reviews PUBLISHED BY STRATEGY FIRST
Roaming Fortress - Forum Thread 1 0 playing now, 13 all-time peak

A reminder that Steam keys cost nothing to create and distribute.

The responses from the dev of The Body Changer are kinda hilarious.

Knurek

Went through my bundle backlog and found the following shitty devs not honouring their key commitments (some ignoring all questions, some trying to pull the "you bought a key for my /regular/ edition. the /steam/ edition has over 45 seconds of new content so you're not entitled to a key for it."

Another one - Sanctuary RPG (Currently 22, all time top 65)

Speevy

Banned
Is the general consensus that the Lost Crowns DLC for Dark Souls 2 is worth it, and is there anywhere you can find these cheaper than $24.99?

Well that I've heard many a time, which is funny because I used to tell people that Demon's Souls was so amazing because it had all of its content on one disc.

Ah well, it's a business.

The DLC is pretty different from the main game because it mixes more Demon's Souls to the Dark Souls scheme than ever before IMO.

Also it doesn't feel like the content was cut from the main game, quite the opposite.

Shadownet

Banned
Is the general consensus that the Lost Crowns DLC for Dark Souls 2 is worth it, and is there anywhere you can find these cheaper than $24.99?

Uh-oh..

Also I just finished The Grand Budapest Hotel. What a wonderful, silly movie.

Saoirse is captivating as ever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also I just finished The Grand Budapest Hotel. What a wonderful, silly movie.

Saoirse is captivating as ever.

Moonrise is still my favourite Wes film but GBH is a close second (I'm excluding the Saoirse factor in the interest of fairness).

Saoirse was the least captivating character in the whole movie

/runs away

Haha, well, I'd agree that she wasn't the most captivating. ;) The film most definitely belongs to Ralph Fiennes.

it's tier 1 without the CN, guess that chinese dude is pretty alright

Good stuff.

So are there any other tiers in the GTA5 preorder or just San Andreas?

Pre-ordering now gets you the most stuff, so what you see is it. My guess is:

Tier 2: Base pre-purchase offer, San Andreas (no bonus cash)
Tier 3: Base pre-purchase offer (no bonus case or San Andreas)

zkylon

zkylewd
Wonder what the reason for that is, did a different group of people handle the DLC?

most people like dks2 even tho they agree that it's worse than dks1, so i think it was just criticism being used well since the criticism was pretty healthy

we wanted better, more labyrinthic levels and less humanoid bosses. we got a bit of those two

yay

Speevy

Banned
I'm enjoying DS2 so far, but yeah, it's not as much as a lived-in, atmospheric world as I would like.

As much as they have worked to balance certain gameplay systems and cut down on cheating, the meat of a good Souls game consists of those beautifully grimy worlds and creative boss battles.

Without those, you won't care what your badass character can do. It's less fun to do it.

Arthea

The responses from the dev of The Body Changer are kinda hilarious.

I like SanctuaryRPG dev reasoning too: It's a whole new game! only looks the same, plays the same and it is called the same (><)

I'm waging my war against Strategy First, trying not to buy their games too, sometimes still buy by accident but not those I already bought and was denied steam keys.

edited: bundlestars are hyping something that is to happen today, probably some new bundle?

Arthea

Anybody has Fireproof Games twitter or some other contact? If you have, could you kindly ask are they planing to release other the Room games on steam?

JSoup

Banned
I like SanctuaryRPG dev reasoning too: It's a whole new game! only looks the same, plays the same and it is called the same (><)

Humility goes a long way, especially in this case I'm thinking. I was able to get a key out of him by kindly asking and then linking off to my profile. Half his forum, on the other hand, were pitching fits and cursing out his mods.

Arthea

Humility goes a long way, especially in this case I'm thinking. I was able to get a key out of him by kindly asking and then linking off to my profile. Half his forum, on the other hand, were pitching fits and cursing out his mods.

Why I would ask for something I already bought? I understand what you are saying, and I probably would do just that if we were talking about the game I want to play right away badly, irony of this is that I never had to ask for such a game, I bought it, I got a key, I played it, no extra effort involved and why should it be? I don't curse the dev, I'm more amused if anything. ;)
I do have a grudge against Strategy First, tho, big one too.

Ah, nice. I wonder if Valve will ever allow publishers to set unlock times themselves.

wait... you mean you gonna play it? that can't be it... that's just wrong (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom