• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

what the fuck is the point of lighting a bonfire if you still need to rest at it to save your progress?

Fuck.

goddamn Blighttown

Just one of the many things they fixed in DkS2. Though once that was actually to my benefit, on my NG++ when I took the shortcut to blightown, lit the bonfire and then beat the boss and rang the bell, I was able to homeward straight back to firelink because I didn't sit on the bonfire down there. :p

I played the original torchlight and i didn't like it much, Diablo 3 on the ps4 however is really dope, especially with friends. I got the second torchlight but still haven't really played it. I'll get to it... Eventually. But I doubt Ill like it much, but hey, I only spent $5. If I can even get 1 hour of enjoyment from it the purchase is justified. :D

I got 13 hours of play out of it and had an alright time at the beginning but it definetly gets old.

I personally enjoyed Diablo 3 for two or three playthroughs and didn't care enough for Torchlight 2 to finish it.

That seems to be a trend, me and a few friends bought it day 1 to play co-op and all 4 of us dropped off playing it and none of us finished, but Diablo III, I've played 3 times.

zkylon

zkylewd
Like I'm trying to play dead rising 3 but I just can't. Its not a bad game or anything, i think its alright, I just don't want to play it though, neither do I want to try out some of the other weapon classes in the MH4 demo for the 3ds, AND im not even in the mood for smash bros and those who chat with me KNOW how much I love to smash. Work just kills the vibe for the whole damn day. >_>
maybe you should just quit your job and become a wandering minstrel!

finished Murdered: SS.

it was...........a game i guess. nothing challenging. collectathon. story was kind of interesting i guess.
nothing challenging but the "stealth" sections were pretty damn frustrating

and yea i wish there was more to it, collecting shit is not fun or engaging or anything

Did they change that in DS2? I know in DS2, you can light a bonfire but not rest at it and you'll respawn at the bonfire at death, but because you didn't rest, the enemies won't respawn if you just light it.

Just one of the many things they fixed in DkS2. Though once that was actually to my benefit, on my NG++ when I took the shortcut to blightown, lit the bonfire and then beat the boss and rang the bell, I was able to homeward straight back to firelink because I didn't sit on the bonfire down there. :p

I forgot they changed that. Didn't want to reset the enemies, just save my spot. Luckily it was just the top section. Now comes the shitty part.

Like I'm trying to play dead rising 3 but I just can't. Its not a bad game or anything, i think its alright, I just don't want to play it though>

Yeah. Same happened to me. I tried playing it yesterday, but then I remembered I need to give someone some strange weapon in a sidequest and didnt have the patience to find it.
Doesnt help that I have a bug where I can not upgrade my character.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What is the best way to backup games from steam?

The built in tool or just copy&paste onto my external?

Personally, I don't bother. Most game sync saves to the Cloud automatically, so you don't need backups for the save game element... and as for the games themselves, meh, Steam ain't going anywhere any time soon.

Sarcasm

Personally, I don't bother. Most game sync saves to the Cloud automatically, so you don't need backups for the save game element... and as for the games themselves, meh, Steam ain't going anywhere any time soon.

I have gamesavemanger that covers games with no cloud. I just want to backup some games for quick access while other download.

Dead Rising 3 was so disappointing. They made the game so boring by removing all the challenge.

I'm going through it on my Xbone right now (got it very, very cheap) and I completely agree. It's fairly easy, with a ton of backtracking and going from one edge of the city to another. The biggest challenge is sticking with it, in my opinion.

The weapon combos aren't even that cool. They're mostly "useful" weapons without a lot of fun joke weapons. Even the "useless" weapons still work pretty well since the game is so easy.

EDIT: In case anyone is curious, no this isn't Nightmare mode. I played a bit of that first and while slightly more challenging, it was grindy/bulletspongy/not fun challenging. I got about halfway before deciding I wasn't having fun and switching to a more fun mode.

Yeah. Same happened to me. I tried playing it yesterday, but then I remembered I need to give someone some strange weapon in a sidequest and didnt have the patience to find it.
Doesnt help that I have a bug where I can not upgrade my character.

ah yea i got a side quest like too, someone wanted a chainsaw. i spent a bit of time looking for it and didn't find it. lost my patience to do that shit, then I found out that the game is actually timed. Just been doing story missions since then, fuck doing side quest. I hate games where they fucking time me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Summoner -- MB-116B354F90295DF4 - Taken by KenOD Trivia Question: Summoner is a PS2 launch RPG. Which titular "Shadow King" featured in an entirely different PS2 launch RPG?
Probably Archery -- MB-D4BF86EC5DBFEDBF - Taken by besada Trivia Question: Mitt Romney's running-mate in the 2012 US Presidential Election was a noted archer and crossbow hunter, but what was his middle name?
Tales from Space - Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-C937E12B0FFF12EE - Taken by auroragoryalice Trivia Question: Robin Williams starred in which 1997 movie about a mutant blob?
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-F14C6E420937C237 - Taken by SSPssp Trivia Question: In mythology, Icarus' wings were made out of feathers and which product used to make candles?
Chronology -- MB-F8241BB70C07A1F8 - Taken by Cth Trivia Question: Which geologic period came chronologically BEFORE the Jurassic?
To The Moon -- MB-197209DACD8EE457 - Taken by maguskain Trivia Question: What is the last name of the third man to walk on the Moon?
Making History II The War of the World -- MB-6658C3A2B75517F3 - Taken by darkchewie Trivia Question: Who narrated the console exlusive video game adaptation of HG Wells' War of the Worlds?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah, so that's how Trivia Giveaways work. I like it. Now to like Summoner.

OKAGE was the answer to the Summoner Trivia question.

Feep

Banned
Get psyched, nerds

8z2otIM.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
is there any way to delete all the local copies of my steam screenshots?

ed: also like usual i dunno what to play after metroid zero mission so any game suggestions are welcome

In retrospect, I'd have to say that buying the humble beatemup bundle was a bad idea.

So far the only decent game from the lot has been Double Dragon: Neon (and Guacamelee but I already bought/played through it awhile back)

The rest of the games range from mediocre to WTF awful.

In retrospect, I'd have to say that buying the humble beatemup bundle was a bad idea.

So far the only decent game from the lot has been Double Dragon: Neon (and Guacamelee but I already bought/played through it awhile back)

The rest of the games range from mediocre to WTF awful.
Can you be more specific about the other games?

I was planning on buying the bundle. I'm a sucker for a good beat-em-up.

Edit: I bet the Jesus vs. zombies one is WTF awful, right? Looks like pointless garbage.

Can you be more specific about the other games?

I was planning on buying the bundle. I'm a sucker for a good beat-em-up.

Well.

Ascendant - Roguelike action-platformer. It's eh...it's okay I guess. It's just part of a genre that's rapidly getting tired.

Fist of Awesome - More traditional beatemup..though I don't know how traditional you can expect when your health refills like Call of Duty. Otherwise it's just mundane. Lot of punching the same thing over and over again.

Fist of Jesus - SHIT http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/321110

Reaper: Tale of a Pale Swordsman - A smartphone game. Not really a beatemup either. You just get ambushed by monsters, fight your way out, upgrade your equipment. It's definitely designed for touch-screens (you attack normally by getting close to enemies, you only press buttons to do special moves).

Super Comboman - Not sure what to think about this one, I haven't gotten out of the tutorial stage. However, you know it's a bad sign when the Steam reviews are described as "mixed".

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Went through my bundle backlog and found the following shitty devs not honouring their key commitments (some ignoring all questions, some trying to pull the "you bought a key for my /regular/ edition. the /steam/ edition has over 45 seconds of new content so you're not entitled to a key for it."

The Body Changer Forum Thread 1 - Forum Thread 2 0 users playing now, 4 all-time peak
Hippocampal: The White Room Forum Thread 1 - Forum Thread 2 - 0 users playing now, 4 all-time peak 51% negative reviews PUBLISHED BY STRATEGY FIRST
Roaming Fortress - Forum Thread 1 0 playing now, 13 all-time peak

A reminder that Steam keys cost nothing to create and distribute.

Jawmuncher

Went through my bundle backlog and found the following shitty devs not honouring their key commitments (some ignoring all questions, some trying to pull the "you bought a key for my /regular/ edition. the /steam/ edition has over 45 seconds of new content so you're not entitled to a key for it."

The Body Changer Forum Thread 1 - Forum Thread 2 0 users playing now, 4 all-time peak
Hippocampal: The White Room Forum Thread 1 - Forum Thread 2 - 0 users playing now, 4 all-time peak 51% negative reviews PUBLISHED BY STRATEGY FIRST

They're all crying in a corner.

D3RANG3D

It's a damn shame because The Body Changer is legit.

Rule of thumb: games containing Jesus are never good. If he's in there unironically, it's probably done on the lowest of budgets by Christian devs trying to "spread the word" through a new medium, and they sacrifice fun and/or gameplay to do it. If he's there ironically or to be made fun of, the devs are trying to be controversial because they know their gameplay isn't gonna hold up otherwise.

Rule of thumb: games containing Jesus are never good. If he's in there unironically, it's probably done on the lowest of budgets by Christian devs trying to "spread the word" through a new medium, and they sacrifice fun and/or gameplay to do it. If he's there ironically or to be made fun of, the devs are trying to be controversial because they know their gameplay isn't gonna hold up otherwise.

I figured it was going to be bad.
But wow. A videogame that fails basic mechanics 101.

Jesus deserves better.

Wow, didn't even know "The Body Changer" had made it to steam. The devs messaged me at least 3 times on Desura to help "promote" the game. I'll be sure to promote it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom