• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

You can have your HuniePop waifus, I care not for them.
I just read a three hour discussion about the possibility of an escape from a closed room between the 1000+ years old Endless Witch and Chief Inquisitor of Eiserne Jungfrau with special reasoning attacks straight out of Fate/Stay night.
There was also a platoon of murderous bunny girls, Satan of Wrath, Beelzebub of Gluttony, Lucifer of Pride, a demonic butler voiced by the same guy who did Koizumi Itsuki from Haruhi...

I mean, seriously, here's Lucifer:

latest

Umineko is amazing

Miguel81

Every time D4 is mentioned I think back to the Kenji Eno(RIP) games D and D2.

Anyway, it seems like an interesting title, and hopefully will be on PC someday so that I can give it a go.

Spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight -- MB-75DB4187C55D9567 - Taken by YianGaruga
Z -- MB-3EA03FCFD6585516 - Taken by Baschta

Krystof Koreni

Neo Member

Start out on an island with nothing more than a basic rod. Progress into a radar-wielding
master fisher-cat scouring the sea for the biggest and baddest fish. Each fish has unique
behaviors that you will learn to exploit as you tailor your arsenal of fishing rods to suit your
style of play.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Huh.Looks like it has a lot in common with old XBLIG release Fishing Girl. Could be good, could be good...

Anything ever come from Stomping Land or Spintires?

Stomping Lands is supposedly moving to UE4, and the original Spintires creator is saying the publisher took the money and split, so last time I heard he's trying to figure out what to do. I remember hearing something about him wanting to make another Spintires-esque game on his own.

Tellaerin

Okay, that Bundlestars bundle is ridiculous. I've had Wrack wishlisted for... *checks wishlist* "November 13, 2013", so over a year now, and it never once hit must-buy price for me during a sale. Now it's in a bundle with a bunch of other stuff for $4.99? Bought so hard.

Will probably drop back in with impressions at some point.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Stomping Land returned to the store a few months ago but has only received one nondescript app change since. The publisher of Spintires countered the developer's claim that the former ran off with the game by saying he was employed on a contract basis, so he doesn't own the content he created, which I'm inclined to think is true given the game was never yanked.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Waiting for that Resident Evil HD Remaster unlock.

I'll stay cautious, but still optimistic.

More people need to experience the soundtrack, the general weirdness, and the Jojo-esque poses of D4.

tumblr_nekmcpXJj01qes8cgo1_400.gif

Didn't link to the best D4 song.

Bundlestars Fully Loaded bundle
Price: 5.25€
  • Wrack
  • DARK
  • Blaze Rush
  • Onikira
  • Super Toy Cars
  • Magnetic By Nature
  • Silence of the Sleep
  • The Joylancer
  • The Detail
  • Z

They're doing a bundle fest, 5 Days, 10 bundles.

That's a fucking amazing bundle, worth it for Silence of the Sleep and Joylancer alone, though I've heard good things about the other games as well.

Isn't Spintires supposed to be really good?

Maniac

Banned
Don't worry, that got brought up in the Alienware Alpha thread instead.

That's something I hate about GAF. If anyone does such a thing in a console thread with PC exclusives, they get banhammered. With PC threads and console exclusives? Not a single mod bats an eye. Someone does so-called port-begging of a console game for PC? Ban. Console pleb begs for a PC-exclusive game to come to their console? Noone bats an eye.

And saying this will likely let me feel the wrath of Bish much like Frost did for pointing out just how biased and agenda-ridden the majority of GAF-mods are.

Atleast Stumpy still loves us all.
I hope

Tizoc

Huniepop is hilarious, but as much as I enjoy meeting the ladies, I'd reallylike to start the bloody match 3ing please.

You can have your HuniePop waifus, I care not for them.
I just read a three hour discussion about the possibility of an escape from a closed room between the 1000+ years old Endless Witch and Chief Inquisitor of Eiserne Jungfrau with special reasoning attacks straight out of Fate/Stay night.
There was also a platoon of murderous bunny girls, Satan of Wrath, Beelzebub of Gluttony, Lucifer of Pride, a demonic butler voiced by the same guy who did Koizumi Itsuki from Haruhi...

I mean, seriously, here's Lucifer:

latest

Umineko is amazing

Yeah well until it is actually on Steam, nobody cares, also (SMT4 spoiler) bestest Lucifer :V

Jawmuncher

so apparently the gamestop price error for SR wont be honored? anybody get emails saying other wise yet?

Only if we have seen is the contrary with people getting payment authorized.
But like JaseC said they might revoke the keys, but if we get them we could all get some cards out of it.

My order history is blank so maybe they're already in the process of cancelling them.

Apologies for the question posted in this thread, but I didn't feel like the odds of having my question answered would be in my favor if I posted in the Don't Starve Together thread (the last response is from 12-28-14).

I've been playing the game with my husband for a few weeks and I was trying to find out if there are certain head sets we can buy to communicate instead of having to yell to each other from the other side of the house or having to type in-game.

Apologies for the question posted in this thread, but I didn't feel like the odds of having my question answered would be in my favor if I posted in the Don't Starve Together thread (the last response is from 12-28-14).

I've been playing the game with my husband for a few weeks and I was trying to find out if there are certain head sets we can buy to communicate instead of having to yell to each other from the other side of the house or having to type in-game.
I always (the one time I wanted to talk) just opened a chat window in-game and enabled voice-chat. Then went back in the game.
That way we basically talked to each other while playing L4D2.
Worked pretty good.

Of course there's always third-party software like teamspeak or mumble
We are all discussing resolutions that won't even be possible on a PS6 while you are obviously playing on a 3DS.

How rude of us ;)
Haha, maybe that's why I am wishing for a little Steamboy so much ;)
For those not following the W10 thread, seems like Halo MCC is indeed coming to PC
I do believe (hope strongly) that MCC will hit PC but tbh that tweet could mean anything. It's many Microsoft related things and Master Chief saying Windows 10 was probably just the desired way to name Win10 at all there.
Bet ran out. Time to join Real Pic January.
image.php

This explains so much.

:p
-
Also, I can't get the excitement HuniPop is causing to some.
It's just a match-3 standard-ass-fare game with anime & smut plastered over it. The somewhat funny parts will be on youtube anyway in its entirety.

Is it really that easy? Put anime and tits on crap and people come flocking to you?

Can't believe it's that easy.

Just make a test guys. Rub one out and then try to play HuniPop. I bet your crunchy tissues most of you won't even care about playing the game anymore.

Phawx

I'm not certain if you are looking for local RF (walkie-talkie) style or just any plain old headset.

Literally any headset will work. Or are you asking us for recommendations on headset hardware and/or software?

Just poppin' in to say that Shovel Knight is a damn gem of a game. It's especially great given that I recently played through the ducktales remake which was such a bummer in comparison. Shovel knight should be owned by any person who likes a video game.

I'm not certain if you are looking for local RF (walkie-talkie) style or just any plain old headset.

Literally any headset will work. Or are you asking us for recommendations on headset hardware and/or software?

I guess I didn't know if I needed a specific type of gaming headset for it to work. Also, I'm not familiar with software that you would use with the headset. We definitely aren't looking for a walkie talkie deal, so if you have any recommendations for the software, that would be awesome. I'm not very tech savvy.

AHA-Lambda

Just poppin' in to say that Shovel Knight is a damn gem of a game. It's especially great given that I recently played through the ducktales remake which was such a bummer in comparison. Shovel knight should be owned by any person who likes a video game.

Yeah, I'm playing it currently (almost finished), damn fine game :)

Barbarian

Agreed. I'm playing it on 3DS and it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom