• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

A GAF poster whose name eludes me claimed that Destructoid briefly put up an article about a month ago confirming that D4 was coming to PC. I don't know what Destructoid's source was, nor did I see the article, nor did I see a screencap of the article, nor can I remember the poster's name. So you can internalize this with an appropriate level of optimism.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Shady key resellers do this regularly. Sorry :(

Gamesrocket isn't a key reseller, but what you say is true.

A GAF poster whose name eludes me claimed that Destructoid briefly put up an article about a month ago confirming that D4 was coming to PC. I don't know what Destructoid's source was, nor did I see the article, nor did I see a screencap of the article, nor can I remember the poster's name. So you can internalize this with an appropriate level of optimism.

Apparently that rumour originated on 4chan.

1024x768.resizedimage

1024x768.resizedimage

Yep, the game is already living up to lofty expectations

C4rter

Leftover
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Z -- MB-989DF95A58A139E5 - Taken by topyy

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, is there a season pass?
I mean, I think you can buy single episodes or the whole game (four episodes). So is there a season pass upon base game?

He's referring to the full package. There are not four episodes and special Season Pass content.

Edit: Actually, it seems there are some bonuses for buying the full package:

IGN said:
Should you opt for the Complete Season, you'll be granted access to additional content including two extra spin-off episodes that tell the story of Moira Burton and the newly-announced Natalia Korda. You'll also be able to play as Hunk in RAID mode.

Corpekata

Banned
Wait, is there a season pass?
I mean, I think you can buy single episodes or the whole game (four episodes). So is there a season pass upon base game?

Season pass = whole game when it comes to episodic stuff like this. It's generally not called a season pass on PC because usually the option to buy separate episodes is on consoles only.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I'll stay cautious, but still optimistic.

More people need to experience the soundtrack, the general weirdness, and the Jojo-esque poses of D4.

tumblr_nekmcpXJj01qes8cgo1_400.gif

A little less optimistic reading that, but hey anything could happen, right?
;_;

Ozium

JAN 19 2015
GameStop
Authorization

GameStop
Order placed with merchant -$5.38

JAN 16 2015
GameStop

it's happening?

Yes, but on the link I posted six episodes are listed, plus some other packs (I think multiplayer stuff).

As far as pricing goes, each episode will cost £4.99/€5.99/$5.99 a pop or, alternatively, you can pick up the Compete Season option for £19.99/€24.99/$24.99 which will net you the lot. Should you opt for the Complete Season, you'll be granted access to additional content including two extra spin-off episodes that tell the story of Moira Burton and the newly-announced Natalia Korda. You'll also be able to play as Hunk in RAID mode.

Phinor

I can't wait to play Halo 3. Already have Halo and Halo 2 on PC. :3

I can't play Halo on PC because of FOV and mouse issues. I can't wait for them to still think it's 2002 and release a crappy PC version of MCC without PC options.

Although maybe that's too positive, I still don't think they are bringing MCC to PC and even if they do, it's a Windows 10 exclusive with release 9-10 months away.

okay, MS will kill Steam this week for realz

do people think MS will migrate the entirety of the Steam catalog over, won't take a cut for it (Valve are taking 30%!!4!4) and then Origin and uPlay will be "spared"?

God damn it. I wish nuuvem had put the game up just a couple of hours earlier, I wanted to start the pre-load and now I'm stuck with filing a dispute on paypal.

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ozium:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To The Moon -- MB-F43275A07CA61190 - Taken by Naked Snake. 2 entrants total.
Quest for Infamy -- MB-949999EBA9119CB1 - Taken by thereisnoif. 6 entrants total.
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight -- MB-0ACB0F647A978E73 - Taken by Bayonetta. 16 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-49DC4C253C434E2D - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.
Making History II: The War of the World -- MB-50034C1676990717 - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
BlazeRush -- MB-9B35DC667776A5DD - Taken by Tizoc. 10 entrants total.

t1421706812z1.png

Happy Monday!

Quest for Infamy is so good, even Punished Snake likes it!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
After watching a few scenes I think the game is not for me.

It's definitely not a game for everyone. It's pretty bizarre and out there at times, and most of the gameplay revolves around QTEs, which a lot of people hate for different reasons.

That said, everything is over the top, even the action scenes, which I won't link because of spoilers.

Sometimes I wonder if the people who dislike Steam so much just simply don't like the service, or are bitter because "they don't make games anymore!" or are jealous of their success ("They got lucky back then! Been at the right place and right time!").

Ozium

Sometimes I wonder if the people who dislike Steam so much just simply don't like the service, or are bitter because "they don't make games anymore!" or are jealous of their success ("They got lucky back then! Been at the right place and right time!").

probably because they haven't developed Stockholm Syndrome yet

rtcn63

I owned a Zune HD, which was basically left to die from the outset. I'll always use Windows and have an Xbox, but anything else- particularly promised on the software side- I'll remain pessimistic.

Dr Dogg

Considering Microsoft probably fucked off a lot of pubs by how they kind of dumped GFWL support, closed the Marketplace thus cutting off publishers chance to sell DLC for GFWL titles, then what I can assume is a lack of communication as to what was happening moving forward prompted a lot of pubs to strip GFWL out of their games and integrate Steamworks so they could sell their game and DLC again I really, really doubt that a GFWL 2.0 is ever going to happen outside of Microsoft titles let alone get pubs back on side again after their antics. Of course Capcom have been known to do crazy things.

Bundlestars Fully Loaded bundle
Price: 5.25€
  • Wrack
  • DARK
  • Blaze Rush
  • Onikira
  • Super Toy Cars
  • Magnetic By Nature
  • Silence of the Sleep
  • The Joylancer
  • The Detail
  • Z

They're doing a bundle fest, 5 Days, 10 bundles.

I came here to post this, I am very tempted to cave in and I gather they're going to launch other nice bundles in the near future; they are just doing a survey asking what customers would want from them so I guess they're taking note of all the feedback.

Lomax

JAN 19 2015
GameStop
Authorization

GameStop

JAN 16 2015
GameStop

it's happening?

Believe!
Still seems unlikely.

I came here to post this, I am very tempted to cave in and I gather they're going to launch other nice bundles in the near future; they are just doing a survey asking what customers would want from them so I guess they're taking note of all the feedback.

Bundle runs for two weeks with no price change, so may as well wait and see what else they do.

Ozium

can someone explain to me why people are in such a tizzy over H1Z1? I don't understand.. here's why:

1. it's a f2p game but the beta costs $20... what?
2. it's another online survival zambie game of which there are several, each being a flavor of the month at some point, how is hizzy any different?

help

Grief.exe

can someone explain to me why people are in such a tizzy over H1Z1? I don't understand.. here's why:

1. it's a f2p game but the beta costs $20... what?
2. it's another online survival zambie game of which there are several, each being a flavor of the month at some point, how is hizzy any different?

help

From what I have been able to gather, SOE has been saying for the better part of a year that the game will not be P2W. The bussiness model for H1Z1 would involve selling skins and cosmetics.

When the game released, people were buying air drops that would land right at your location with rare weapons, ammo, and other items key to survival.

New Bundlestars(there will be a new one every day this week)

Wrack - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
DARK - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
BlazeRush - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Onikira: Demon Killer
Super Toy Cars - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Magnetic By Nature - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Silence of the Sleep
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight
The Detail - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Z - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)

http://bstars.co/kklcqE
This bundle is INSANE. Buy it.

This is pretty nice. Was interested in Wrack.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Considering Microsoft probably fucked off a lot of pubs by how they kind of dumped GFWL support, closed the Marketplace thus cutting off publishers chance to sell DLC for GFWL titles, then what I can assume is a lack of communication as to what was happening moving forward prompted a lot of pubs to strip GFWL out of their games and integrate Steamworks so they could sell their game and DLC again I really, really doubt that a GFWL 2.0 is ever going to happen outside of Microsoft titles let alone get pubs back on side again after their antics. Of course Capcpom have been known to do crazy things.

FTFY ;)

Bet ran out. Time to join Real Pic January.

I can imagine you having that expression the entire time you're playing Sakura games or HuniePop ;)

abracadaver

How is the Steam version of Z? it has steam achievements and trading cards. did they update the game in any way or is it still 640x480 resolution?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Bundle stuff.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Whisper of a Rose -- MB-01CE20DA98BB9153 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 4 entrants total.
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-65CEA20253F55479 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Eleusis -- MB-DEA2FF3654CE185B - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.
Final Dusk -- MB-60942B0EF4ACCCFE - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 5 entrants total.
Super Toy Cars -- MB-06CBC75007806A2C - Taken by nja. 5 entrants total.
Z -- MB-939566DB0C5F5650 - Taken by Jrdan. 2 entrants total.
Tesla Breaks the World -- MB-9ECE104BA3B033C7 - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
BlazeRush -- MB-87BE3EB47F141EDF - Taken by nightstorm. 5 entrants total.

t1421698053z1.png

Ozium

How is the Steam version of Z? it has steam achievements and trading cards. did they update the game in any way or is it still 640x480 resolution?

not sure about resolution, but they removed multiplayer and didn't re-code it.. it's a bare minimum of a port, just enough to get it to run and nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom