• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're welcome! I can't believe Steam doesn't do this automatically or at the very least give you the option. I mean - if you're not interested in something... why clutter the store with it?

personally i wouldn't toggle that option in as i may not be interested in something but i still want to know if it goes on sale (for a gift or something, not that i could gift anything in the first place since i live in steam apartheid and everything)

i think a better compromise would be to have those maybe grey'd out like a game you own or something like that

that's me, at least

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Dues -- MB-19083CDB0A2D7D86 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Tidalis -- MB-0DE2DA2BBB42B292 - Taken by brassica. 2 entrants total.
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack -- MB-1CE97414C06DFC60 - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Vintage Year -- MB-D460D146E9CE4AC6 - Taken by Akuosa. 1 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse -- MB-1CD4DD538DBF84B1 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Shattered Haven -- MB-4F0989A908CC1DFF - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Volt -- MB-4EE8201AD277D2E3 - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-874E57F93DBBAAF7 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Castle -- MB-E5A6B3076C41868A - Taken by Lain. 1 entrants total.
Ninja Guy -- MB-1AA10D60AABDD4DA - Taken by arts&crafts. 1 entrants total.
Voyage: Journey to the Moon -- MB-11A0ECA9BA458ED3 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Primal Fears -- MB-EC426A1180513202 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Retention -- MB-C4AC7AA9BFED0913 - Taken by Sch1sm. 1 entrants total.

t1422677056z1.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
saints row gat out of hell is weird

i mean there are ways to break the fourth wall without being deriving of itself, but the way it does it comes off as they know the game's a quick cash-in which makes it sound really awkward and unfunny. i don't get why they went with that route, that's just weird

other than that i enjoy flying around and collecting orbs so for now that's been entertaining. i do the odd mission now and there and apparently that's making the story go forward, so it seems like it's an alright time-waster

very confused on why they made this a standalone thing and why they advertised it as much as they did

It is weird. It's not exactly half assed, but it definitely feels like half a game. Like they were literally making a full fledged title and got the world map and the powers and the weapons done, but when it came time to do customization, NPC bits, and main story mission design, someone said 'no, let's just stop right there.'

I really hope it's for a good reason, like all the people responsible for those things are too busy working on a shiny new title and this was a good way to keep their artists busy while they do pre-production work on whatever they're doing next.

On the other hand all that empty space leaves room for mods and workshop support, which they seem to be pretty sincere about supporting.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of maty, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Life Is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) -- MB-17B8A1912018F182 - Taken by madjoki. 58 entrants total.

t1422719534z1.png

It is weird. It's not exactly half assed, but it definitely feels like half a game. Like they were literally making a full fledged title and got the world map and the powers and the weapons done, but when it came time to do customization, NPC bits, and main story mission design, someone said 'no, let's just stop right there.'

I really hope it's for a good reason, like all the people responsible for those things are too busy working on a shiny new title and this was a good way to keep their artists busy while they do pre-production work on whatever they're doing next.

On the other hand all that empty space leaves room for mods and workshop support, which they seem to be pretty sincere about supporting.

The cynic in me says it was probably nothing more
than an excuse to charge 20 dollars for gauging audience interest in future game scenarios. That choice at the end just screamed "TELL US WHAT TO DO!"

I know that's most likely not the case. It was a really fun sandbox with no real direction and that makes it feel like such a waste. It was a great setting and a lot more could have been done with it, but it feels like they (once again) squeezed something fun out of the least amount of effort possible.

I'm really glad I got it for 5 dollars with the GS screw up. Would have been bummed if I paid full price for this. I just hope they're saving all their effort for the next game and they go above and beyond in all respects, because aspects of the series are starting to feel lazy.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-1E8530169FA53733 - Taken by FauX
Magicka Plus 2 DLC -- MB-475E3871D8240671 - Taken by ExoSoul
Universe Sandbox -- MB-F845C066DAD0DE63 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-A38C9047C414A79E - Taken by anastef
Killing Floor -- MB-525256F8386A848F - Taken by thereisnoif
Terraria -- MB-FF8FF8DC7DFB36A9 - Taken by RyanPierre
Borderlands 2 Headhunter 4: Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre -- MB-C8884B8E211D2C3B - Taken by Lain
Sanctum 2 -- MB-5447B63460CBC175 - Taken by Popstar
TokiTori2 Plus -- MB-9DDA989A4AEE7907 - Taken by texhnolyze
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure -- MB-36E4D90BDD2424C5 - Taken by darkchewie
Sanctum Collection -- MB-CC1CF77791F4C7D6 - Taken by xezuru
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One -- MB-01A99F970CA21F99 - Taken by Ben652
Nether Chosen Edition -- MB-D2991024D9288D5F - Taken by WinterDemons

zkylon

zkylewd

i think it may have something to do with the whole thq deep silver shenanigans, this being a left over project they just wanted to get out of the door so they can focus on saints row 5 (cos no way there's not gonna be a 5/reboot)

Popstar

Oh hey. I hit 500 (actually 501).

Woo!

I think I need to find a few short games to play on the weekend to chip away at the backlog.

Panzon

Is Ryse: Son of Rome worth picking up at $20?

I see alot of mixed reviews about the game both on GAF and the rest of the internet. Looking at some Youtube videos it seems pretty fun but idk how repetitive its gonna get. What do you guys think?

Is Ryse: Son of Rome worth picking up at $20?

I see alot of mixed reviews about the game both on GAF and the rest of the internet. Looking at some Youtube videos it seems pretty fun but idk how repetitive its gonna get. What do you guys think?

It's $10 at GameStop right now, and I would say it isn't really worth $20, I feel like $10 is a good price, it's kind of in rental territory for me in terms of worth.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/ryse-son-of-rome/117707

xezuru

Never used Enhanced Steam before, does it actually show you which people have a game you own? I'm tired of clicking on the option on normal steam and seeing 1/10th of the actual number for only people who have played in the last week.

Never used Enhanced Steam before, does it actually show you which people have a game you own? I'm tired of clicking on the option on normal steam and seeing 1/10th of the actual number for only people who have played in the last week.

I believe Enhanced Steam does show all the people on your friends list who own the game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yep.

IndieGala giveaway keys for those who are too lazy to grab them off the site.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Shadows on the Vatican Act I: Greed -- MB-A19D4625460A893E - Taken by Gez
Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-4E5415FAFF7E7AA1 - Taken by GaussTek

ExoSoul

Banned
Well, Meltdown kept crashing when I tried to play in local co-op and now my save data is gone =D
Here's to another 7 hours of getting back to prestige 3 (not counting gear =<)

drakaenae

extra bundle keys before I forget about them

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Cloning Clyde -- MB-2039D1397F058D7E - Taken by factorone
A.I.M. 2 Clan Wars -- MB-86FB6FEA3900F1BC - Taken by PunishedSnake
Hunters Of The Dead -- MB-74C68EC88F565104 - Taken by bkw
Lunar Pack - Wake & Lunnye Devitsy -- MB-B7184B516E586E9E - Taken by Loptous
Skyborn -- MB-50A3AD75EDD46F50 - Taken by rrvv
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-7934CA137C1C18FD
Epigenesis -- MB-A2F7FE731030C374 - Taken by yoshizzle
The Desolate Hope -- MB-177523BF8224F592 - Taken by Seraphis Cain

Zafir

So, I've given Raven's Cry a bit of a try and the first impressions are not good. Only done the tutorial, but it just feels completely rushed.

The graphics are okay, nothing amazing, but fine. Half of the UI looks okay too, but then the other half looks like they just shoved it together in 5mins. Picking up items, using stuff/talking etc all those kind of "windows" on the UI are literally just a black box with text. It's often overlapping other parts of the UI too, especially apparent in the map menu.

The dialogue isn't very good, nor the voice acting, and it frequently cuts out so you don't hear anything, you just see the subtitles and moving lips.

The combat is very janky, worse than Two Worlds 2 as far as I remember it. I ended up just mashing the X button which is the light attack and occasionally pressing B to block if they were constantly blocking my attacks. The tutorial also had a forced stealth section, part of which it tells you how to use the gun, I did, and it alerted everyone, so fantastic tutorial pop up design there too!

I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow, since it's 6am here in the UK, but I can't see it getting much better. :( Good job I only paid the cheap Russian price back before they stopped it.

_hekk05

Banned
MGR2? oh boy. Asia gonna cry again

After 15 hours in Divinity, I'm a mere lvl 4, with no companions other than those I started with.

The entire town is practically empty though. I stole anything and everything I could

Jawmuncher

Maybe the story won't be crap this time.
MGR is one of those games I kinda liked but my hate for it grows every day. Just like mgs4.

Speevy

Banned
Feelin' blue.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

1422283032-8984-card.jpg

Life Is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) -- MB-4C413D8CDA7E05D1 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 50 entrants total.

t1422701297z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I just finished Season Match and completed the game to 100%. While I feel like it's a pretty great puzzle game overall (it's basically collapse mixed with Jewel Quest) I felt like it overstayed it's welcome a bit and got rather boring toward the end of the "arcade mode" which was 100 levels long.

Not a bad pick up for $0.99 during the last sale, and the cards sold for pretty decent money too.

Also, Life is Strange looks really great from what I've seen on my activity feed. I've been in the mood to play an episodic game lately and I'm wondering if I should pick this one up
(assuming I don't win it in Speevy's awesome giveaway!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom