• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

A PC port of the HD Collection is all but assured. 4 not so much, but stranger things have happened.

About to go to bed so I cant find the link but back when the legacy collection came out. Kojima said that disc space was the main issue MGS4 wasn't coming to 360. Or something along the lines of that. We already know that they'll cut some console specific stuff so that they can sell the game to more people. So MGS4 coming to PC doesn't seem odd at all. Since it would probably coincide with a PS4 and Xbox One rerelease.

dex3108

Why?
It's not assured at all. The only way Konami will bring 1-3 on PC (and maybe 4) would be release a collection for One/PS4.
If they don't do this, we won't see a PC version of those games, simple. No way they'll release a PC only port for the whole saga.

MGR did good on PC, Ground Zeros did good on PC so i am sure that Konami is interested in MGS PC Collection.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Why?
It's not assured at all. The only way Konami will bring 1-3 on PC (and maybe 4) would be release a collection for One/PS4.
If they don't do this, we won't see a PC version of those games, simple. No way they'll release a PC only port for the whole saga.

What's the basis for your optimism? Let me have some of that.

I asked about it in a previous Metal Gear Solid V thread, and ToraShiro from Konami said it was something they were really looking into. There were just some hurdles in the way that were making it not happening right this second. But the sales of MGR/GZ has opened their eyes.

Not exactly a 100%, but honestly this seems to me almost like a "We have no plans at this time" response before a previous exclusive suddenly drops on PC a month later.

MUnited83

For you.
Why?

Well, a collection for One/PS4 is 100% certain, therefore, also the PC version.
But even without a PS4/One version they would bring the collection anyways. They know there's a good market for it now.

Why?

And a PS4/One collection at some stage is assured...so a PC version is assured as well.

This is a collection they have already released like five times.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
After riding a rocket in space as a duck , I don't know if I can get hyped for another game again.

image.php

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why?

Rising and Ground Zeroes were both very successful on the PC. With V around the corner it makes perfect sense to release 1-3 so PC users can brush up on their history. You have to remember that with the games being on the X360, most of the heavy lifting is out of the way -- you're talking about months of work at the most, not years.

Ninian

Neo Member
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ninian, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Steel Storm: Complete Edition -- MB-10F4391827787855 - Taken by autoduelist
Rock of Ages -- MB-73DEA64732BD78F2 - Taken by Dusk Golem
ulgzbKC.png
Gateways (Desura) -- MB-A8FDD3CC6EF930D1 - Taken by still
ulgzbKC.png
Driftmoon (Desura) -- MB-EC3610E312EF516C - Taken by yoshizzle
ulgzbKC.png
SanctuaryRPG (Desura) -- MB-5B95EA40E5E602AD
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL -- MB-75F4D4450ED390BC - Taken by fuzzy123

Miguel81

I'd hope they release MG 1-2 along with the others. Part 2, especially, is excellent and needs to be played by as many as possible.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Maybe we should ask them to do the Legacy Collection instead, to make sure we get MGS1, MGS4 and the original two MG games.

As big of a fan of MGS as I am, I never finished 4. I had to give back the loaner PS3 and never got to play it after that. :(

Sajjaja

Is Ryse: Son of Rome worth picking up at $20?

I see alot of mixed reviews about the game both on GAF and the rest of the internet. Looking at some Youtube videos it seems pretty fun but idk how repetitive its gonna get. What do you guys think?

I enjoyed it. $10 is a great price for it. I actually just finished it a few minutes ago and while the combat leaves something to be desired, I found myself having quite a bit of fun despite its issues. I haven't tried the MP yet though.

MUnited83

For you.
Maybe we should ask them to do the Legacy Collection instead, to make sure we get MGS1, MGS4 and the original two MG games.

As big of a fan of MGS as I am, I never finished 4. I had to give back the loaner PS3 and never got to play it after that. :(

They should do a Complete Collection though. I want Portable Ops on Steam :(

milena87

A lot of things about that game piss me off, not being able to turn off the music is the biggest as they have one 3 minute song looping

It pissed me off as well, until I discovered that you can turn off the music in Cat Goes Fishing by pressing M.

The other effects will still be there, but at least that irritating music will be gone!

Got Far Cry 4 today, and having to lock it a 30fps because of how bad it fluctuates is a real hit to the ego. I thought I gave up console gaming to get away from this shit.

Xanathus

Ugh, last day for me to decide whether or not to preorder GTA 5 on Steam and I still don't know what to do. On one hand I really want to play it on day one so I might as well get it now but on the other hand I kickstarted Pillars of Eternity and that comes out right after.

Uzzy

Waking up to MGR2 is amazing news. Time to stick the soundtrack on repeat for the rest of the day, so my body might just be ready.

Monooboe

Ah glorious Saturday! No hangover, nowhere to be, work can wait till tomorrow and only social commitment is in the evening, so finally gonna get some gaming done!:D Life is Strange here I come.:D (been trying to avoid reading any impression on it by you, want to go in blind.)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Life Is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) -- MB-4C413D8CDA7E05D1 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 50 entrants total.

t1422701297z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
hey jshackles, an idea for the wishlist

personally i find it really annoying that sometimes i'm like middle clicking all the big icons in my wishlist and it's really annoying it takes you to the mostly useless community hub

so small suggestion, swapping that thing around with the button on the right

i imagine most people are primarly looking for store pages like myself when browing their wishlists

here's how it'd look:

i8jjNDQtteCyc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom