• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

hey jshackles, an idea for the wishlist

personally i find it really annoying that sometimes i'm like middle clicking all the big icons in my wishlist and it's really annoying it takes you to the mostly useless community hub

i8jjNDQtteCyc.png

so small suggestion, swapping that thing around with the button on the right

i imagine most people are primarly looking for store pages like myself when browing their wishlists

Huh? There is a Store page button on my wishlist. Hang on, let me take a pic...

EDIT: Hora...

uT52ujH.png

EDIT: Okay, I misread your picture. Ignore me.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean you can easily beat it very quickly but if you're gonna do that you should probably play something else

specially new vegas it's a game that's really rewarding the more time you pour into it because the late game quests are really good

titch

i guess i should do a bit of gat out of hell to try and see if my computer still heats up like before

i don't feel like playing videogames now

what has happened to me

I hate it when that happens :(

hey jshackles, an idea for the wishlist

personally i find it really annoying that sometimes i'm like middle clicking all the big icons in my wishlist and it's really annoying it takes you to the mostly useless community hub

so small suggestion, swapping that thing around with the button on the right

i imagine most people are primarly looking for store pages like myself when browing their wishlists

here's how it'd look:

i8jjNDQtteCyc.png

Yes please

Lain

So, Raven's Cry. My first impression was well, at least the game seems to keep a constant 60fps!. Second impression was why is the game freezing up on me for seconds when I take hits in this naval battle?. Third impression was why the fuck is the game going between 29 and 15 fps just as I left the ship?

The game isn't the best looker yet it performs like it was one, since my OC 2500k with a OC 970 don't seem to be enough to even keep a stable 30fps as soon as I left that first naval battle.
Can't say I'm impressed so far.

well fallout 3 is crap so 0 hours is ideal length

new vegas tho is a 100~ hour beauty

Dunno, I can say you they are VERY long. At least 40 hours each.

For the main story? 30/35 hours each.

i mean you can easily beat it very quickly but if you're gonna do that you should probably play something else

specially new vegas it's a game that's really rewarding the more time you pour into it because the late game quests are really good

Thanks, guys. I guess I will save those for my upcoming days off which are about a month long.

Milamber

I will forever await the day Atlus release their Japanese RPGs on Steam

Much rejoicing will there be...
Then Steam users will know what hard as balls jRPGs are like.

As I scrolled down and saw red colors, I was thinking "Fuck yeah! Makai Kingdom!" But then I saw the SMT characters and just went "Okay".

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I wish Bethesda would go give Fallout 3 Steam achievements. I love both 3 and New Vegas and I have NV at 100%. I would totally replay 3 to get another 100%.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Life is Strange's moment to moment gameplay is more Gone Home environment exploration than anything like Telltale's work. TT just carries you from decision to decision, but that isn't the case here at all.

But with Activision's generous discount prices, you may even be able to pick it up for 300€. ;D

It actually goes 50% off on sales. Believe it.

It's still stupidly high, you can get all the console versions used for cheaper. Digital future! The Euro digital download tax doesn't help.

Monooboe

Life is Strange's moment to moment gameplay is more Gone Home environment exploration than anything like Telltale's work. TT just carries you from decision to decision, but that isn't the case here at all.

It felt more like earlier TT games and I really liked the slower pacing and having time to really look around. I imagine the later episodes of Life is Strange will have more action moment like later TT games.

madjoki

It actually goes 50% off on sales. Believe it.

It's still stupidly high, you can get all the console versions used for cheaper. Digital future! The Euro digital download tax doesn't help.

Tax is unrelated, as it was changed only to block tax evasion using Luxembourg. It's because physical stock gets discounted because storing it costs money.
Unsold digital stock costs pretty much nothing.

Zafir

So, Raven's Cry. My first impression was well, at least the game seems to keep a constant 60fps!. Second impression was why is the game freezing up on me for seconds when I take hits in this naval battle?. Third impression was why the fuck is the game going between 29 and 15 fps just as I left the ship?

The game isn't the best looker yet it performs like it was one, since my OC 2500k with a OC 970 don't seem to be enough to even keep a stable 30fps as soon as I left that first naval battle.
Can't say I'm impressed so far.

That's interesting. That was about the only positive I got from the game, that for me it was at least smooth. xD

Terra_Ex

I will forever await the day Atlus release their Japanese RPGs on Steam

Much rejoicing will there be...
Then Steam users will know what hard as balls jRPGs are like.

Nocturne on Steam... Then the rest of the PS2 Atlus glory days making the leap as well... I'd buy them all again day one.

Lain

Life is Strange is pretty good, looks awesome and performs like a champ, 60fps all the way through.
It also doesn't feel janky like those Telltale games, at least so far and the atmosphere is top notch, with a nice UI design to interact with stuff. I like the font used in the game too, easy to read.
I just wish the game had Italian language to go with it.

Tizoc

Life is Strange is pretty good, looks awesome and performs like a champ, 60fps all the way through.
It also doesn't feel janky like those Telltale games, at least so far and the atmosphere is top notch, with a nice UI design to interact with stuff. I like the font used in the game too, easy to read.
I just wish the game had Italian language to go with it.

wHAT DID you disable to keep it constant 60 FPS?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of maty, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Life Is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) -- MB-17B8A1912018F182 - Taken by madjoki. 58 entrants total.

t1422719534z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
srdoner4ddo.jpg

julian-edleman-and-tozaj1i.gif

Gat out of Hell was shit though. I liked the flying, but the rest so super phoned in. The city was clearly made up of assets from the previous games that had been slightly modified to fit the theme, there weren't any real missions, most of the sidequests felt like really tired repeats, the new sidequests weren't fun at all, the final boss sucked, and the story has officially jumped the shark and become annoying/painful. I miss SR3's campaign's level of zaniness. It felt perfect.

Oh yeah, 100%ing it doesn't even take close to 20 hours so if you want all the achievements you will have to let the game just sit there until your save hits 20 hours played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom