• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

donny2112

Love giving this game away when it's on sale, for some reason. :p Looking forward
to the PC release
of RotTR!

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider -- MB-2E7D3440683D5B87 - Taken by neotokyo360. 7 entrants total.

t1420271373z1.png

I'm seeing everything back to full price with 0% discount, even for games old as dirt. I was told that's not what happens after the sale ends.

I feel lied to Steam GAF.

Will probably pick up Dying Light and Life is Strange when they come out. I was worried about how Dying Light would run on my PC but judging by the requirements I should be fine. I'm waiting to see if it gets added to GMG but so far it's not.

Lomax

I'm seeing everything back to full price with 0% discount, even for games old as dirt. I was told that's not what happens after the sale ends.

I feel lied to Steam GAF.

That's... how it works? Other than major sales, games can't go on sale more than once every two months (or maybe six weeks, I forget). We get a daily, some weeklies on Mondays (usually bundle garbage, but not always), mid-week sales on Tuesday, and weekend deals on Thursday or Friday. Everything else is at full price with some oddball exceptions usually related to game events. But there's always some store somewhere with a sale.

alright guys. i think now that the sale is over and the dedicated sale thread has no more meaning, we all know what is appropriate to do.

we all should post our hauls and damage lists. preferably as big as possible screenshots, unquoted of course, so that everyone who reads this thread may see your games and discussion might sprawl more productively.

but i feel that still would be too dry, so i urge you to follow etiquette and end your haul posts with a gif of your choosing as to how you feel about the winter sale '14.

bonus points if it's weaboo-waifus or wrestling gifs.

don't feel scared and don't listen to old people like turfster. he's too old to understand the ways of the youth.

have at it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Love giving this game away when it's on sale, for some reason. :p Looking forward
to the PC release
of RotTR!

I liked the game a lot too--some stuff bothered me, but on the whole a very solid effort that I liked more than any prior TR game I tried. Also looking forward to ROtTR

I asked at least twice at different times about different games (like: if this game is -75% now, how much would it be after the sale, does it become full price or some lesser discount?) And both times I was told that no they don't go back to full price. I should dig those posts up.

But perhaps they were talking about being a daily vs not while I was asking about during the entire sale vs not.

I might have been inclined to pick a couple more games if I knew they'd be marked up this much when the sale ends.

Edit:
That's... how it works? Other than major sales, games can't go on sale more than once every two months (or maybe six weeks, I forget). We get a daily, some weeklies on Mondays (usually bundle garbage, but not always), mid-week sales on Tuesday, and weekend deals on Thursday or Friday. Everything else is at full price with some oddball exceptions usually related to game events. But there's always some store somewhere with a sale.

Oh that doesn't sound so bad. I thought no more discounts until Summer sale.

Will probably pick up Dying Light and Life is Strange when they come out. I was worried about how Dying Light would run on my PC but judging by the requirements I should be fine. I'm waiting to see if it gets added to GMG but so far it's not.
I'm incredibly intrigued by this game, but I need to know more!

Also, dumb question but does anyone know of a Mac port in the works? I want to put it on my laptop at some point if possible...

Deadly

Are there any tile-base RPGs you guys can recommend? I played through Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall and I quite enjoyed it.

In other news, Pixelvision isn't getting updated anymore :(

I still feel kinda bummed that the OT title isn't "Being held hostage by Steam/Valve" related.

Also getting COD 2 and 4 to play nice with a Windows 8.1 machine is a right pain in the ass.

baterism

Carpe Fulgur weekly deals? I dunno why I found it adorably sad as if CF is anime character that really excited to go into school trip, but overslept, then missed the bus. Gaben-sensei then treat her a cake as consolation. Last anime I watched is Cro-high though.

I kinda feel bad if I don't at least get Recetear.

Edit: Simply glorious.
ym3s1wex1dcz07sjbers.gif

_hekk05

Banned
Thanks lain for prison architect and chariot for nekopara!

With these and my small purchases during winter seal I've finally made it to 300 games.

Now the process to ignore them continues

Lomax

I asked at least twice at different times about different games (like: if this game is -75% now, how much would it be after the sale, does it become full price or some lesser discount?) And both times I was told that no they don't go back to full price. I should dig those posts up.

But perhaps they were talking about being a daily vs not while I was asking about during the entire sale vs not.

I might have been inclined to pick a couple more games if I knew they'd be marked up this much when the sale ends.

Edit:

Oh that doesn't sound so bad. I thought no more discounts until Summer sale.

It may have been that someone was interpreting your question to mean if those prices will be available in the future, which they almost certainly will at some point. Just not all the time. The only time the entire catalog is on sale is during the major sales (Summer and Fall/Winter).

The fuck? Mobile dark theme is a godsend.

My eyes are scorched for a few seconds every time I format my phone and I'm greeted to the default theme before I quickly make the switch.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of donny2112, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider -- MB-2E7D3440683D5B87 - Taken by neotokyo360. 7 entrants total.

t1420271373z1.png

Mobile doesn't let you choose to distinguish between titles and posts when searching which is annoying.

And the dark theme is far superior to the retina burning that the white theme has to offer.

Sch1sm

Mobile doesn't let you choose to distinguish between titles and posts when searching which is annoying.

And the dark theme is far superior to the retina burning that the white theme has to offer.

If you click advanced you can choose between posts and titles, I think. Or do you mean you can't see individual posts and only the thread title? 'Cause for that, if you're using chrome at least, you can force to desktop mode.

White text (10% of page is white) >>> White background (90% is white)

But with the brightness down enough it's not so bad, whereas the white text on black background contrasts so hard. Also. ...why is it that despite the theme being changed we're forever stuck with the blue bar?

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, I want to recommend ZIggurat. This game is awesome. It's a FPS dungeon game that starts you over at the beginning when you die. You get all these magic staffs and powers and face off against mushrooms, carrots, banshees, and little flaming rabbit aliens. One of the bosses is jello. It's hardcore.

Buy it.

Hey guys, I want to recommend ZIggurat. This game is awesome. It's a FPS dungeon game that starts you over at the beginning when you die. You get all these magic staffs and powers and face off against mushrooms, carrots, banshees, and little flaming rabbit aliens. One of the bosses is jello. It's hardcore.

Buy it.

Never heard of it before it was in the winter sale. Definitely will pick it up when the right time comes. Looks really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom