• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jørdan

I like Steam Roulette but I find that it just server errors when I try it at the moment. Been like that for a while. :(

Ah, my bad. I thought the error was down to my privacy settings and I was too lazy to change 'em just now - was planning to check the site out later though.

Chariot

Fuck your cat or she will die.

I don't know what I expected. They skipped the intercourse completely. Schade, I thought that it would be like Katawa Shoujo where they would just censor or leave out the explicit pictures. Not that bad since I don't need them, the regular scenes are cute and entertaining enough, but steam should really allow such things if they allow Hatred and Postal 2.

Man, the lack of good AA in Alien Isolation really detracts from my enjoyment of the game.

You successfully run away from an Alien/Working Joe and you begin to explore the new area you're in. But you're greeted with light bouncing off pretty much all the jaggies in the room. Really immersion breaking IMO.
Can't force AA with driver?

Man, the lack of good AA in Alien Isolation really detracts from my enjoyment of the game.

You successfully run away from an Alien/Working Joe and you begin to explore the new area you're in. But you're greeted with light bouncing off pretty much all the jaggies in the room. Really immersion breaking IMO.

Yeah even with 4x DSR I could still see jaggies, while other games look near perfect with that much downsampling thrown at them.

You can always double-dip and copy some things to unlock it, you know. ;)
Yeah, too bad steam isn't allowing erotic content on their site. The last console I think that allowed them was a Sega one too, so unless some pretty significant change is made everything will be censored.

Monooboe

Yeah, too bad steam isn't allowing erotic content on their site. The last console I think that allowed them was a Sega one too, so unless some pretty significant change is made everything will be censored.

With Valve allowing Hatred one would think that something erotic would be welcome with open arms... we live in a strange world indeed.

Tizoc

I like how they used the snow here
Lost Planet 3 said:
3D7818CD5EC6E0B139210BB4DAF73FA55F2CB470

423ADCF1F1EE583D5423A579D26CAD59EC24F7ED

Phinor

I mean I know it was a great RPG year but now that I've formed my Steam top 5 list, it's a bit ridiculous. My most anticipated game of the year? Dragon Age Inquisition. It wouldn't be anywhere near my top 5 RPG list even. But my Steam list includes Dark Souls 2, Legend of Grimrock 2, Divinity: Original Sin, South Park: The Stick of Truth and Might & Magic X - Legacy. So basically five RPGs, although we can argue the definition of (c)RPG with some of those games.

Couple of very interesting games I've yet to play but I'm happy with that list. I really hope my list next year includes at least 3-4 RPGs because that means Pillars of Eternity, Witcher 3. etc were probably great games. Right now, I'm not actually confident with Witcher 3 having seen what Dragon Age turned into when they went after that Skyrim money. Quantity over quality never works if you want to make a great game.

I don't know what I expected. They skipped the intercourse completely. Schade, I thought that it would be like Katawa Shoujo where they would just censor or leave out the explicit pictures. Not that bad since I don't need them, the regular scenes are cute and entertaining enough, but steam should really allow such things if they allow Hatred and Postal 2.
But sex is dirty and disgusting, violence is healthy and natural /sarcasm

Chariot

I could, but I don't need those scenes desperately. It's just bothering me in general. With more Visual Novels coming this is getting more and more ridicilous.

With Valve allowing Hatred one would think that something erotic would be welcome with open arms... we live in a strange world indeed.
Yeah. Is there someone official one can communicate directly about this or is Valve too understaffed for public relations?

But sex is dirty and disgusting, violence is healthy and natural /sarcasm
Indeed :(

Install f.lux and problem solved.
I tried using it, but everything gets orange and ugly. Maybe I doing something wrong, but I didn't like it.

I tried using it, but everything gets orange and ugly. Maybe I doing something wrong, but I didn't like it.

That's the point of it :p Red light (i.e. orange and ugly) doesn't mess up the sleep signals in your brain like blue light does (i.e..white and normal).

But even you don't want the colors to go orange you can still use f.lux to dim the screen (without majorly affecting colors) to a much lower degree than your monitor's brightness setting. At least on Windows, not sure if it has the same feature in the iOS/Mac version.

The keyboard command for it is Cntrl(or Alt,not sure)+PageDown

You can calibrate colors for different brightness settings. And most displays (including TVs) I see these days are definitely turned up way too much.
Oh I know, just playing. Just don't like white backgrounds in general. Perhaps it's just my memory though but I feel like the site used to be pure white where now it alternates gray in.

Tizoc

So if I just send my list as follows to MRORANGE as a PM, that'll be enough?
Game 5 (1 point) : Talos Principle
Game 4 (2 points) : Gunhound EX
Game 3 (3 points) : Killer is Dead
Game 2 (4 points) : Freedom Planet
Game 1 (5 points) : Strider

No need for any extra text etc?

Someone playing Darksiders 2 or have it installed? I want to send a gift to someone

Coincidentally, I had it installed last week. Send away my friend~
I'll send you an item too if you want.

oipic

So if I just send my list as follows to MRORANGE as a PM, that'll be enough?

No need for any extra text etc?

Perfect, although Mr O is inviting folks to expand a little on their first choice, and add a little blurb as to why it is your GOTY etc - but that's entirely optional.

Chariot

That's the point of it :p Red light (i.e. orange and ugly) doesn't mess up the sleep signals in your brain like blue light does (i.e..white and normal).

But even you don't want the colors to go orange you can still use f.lux to dim the screen (without majorly affecting colors) to a much lower degree than your monitor's brightness setting. At least on Windows, not sure if it has the same feature in the iOS/Mac version.

The keyboard command for it is Cntrl(or Alt,not sure)+PageDown
Eh, I think I can live with my usual setup.

If there was a dollar for every time someone mentions f.lux we'd have enough to fundraise something better :p f.lux also affects all screenshots taken on the system, including on Steam fwiw.
Eww!

sensoft04

Banned
My List

Game 5 (1 point) : Murdered: Soul Suspect
Game 4 (2 points) : Wolf among us
Game 3 (3 points) : Walking Dead Season 2
Game 2 (4 points) : Wolfenstein: The New Order
Game 1 (5 points) : Far Cry 4

Coreda

Eh, I think I can live with my usual setup.

You could use a simple screen dimmer. That's how I lower the brightness beyond the overly bright minimum on the PC. It's merely an adjustable translucent overlay but it does the trick (keep in mind occasionally it can conflict with clicking buttons in apps, but it's rare).

Macs on the other hand have far lower minimum brightness levels so light theme isn't much of an issue viewed on one.

If there was a dollar for every time someone mentions f.lux we'd have enough to fundraise something better :p f.lux also affects all screenshots taken on the system, including on Steam fwiw.
I always turn it off when I play games, don't see why others can't do the same.

I don't know what "better" would be considering physical and technical constraints the software has to work with to achieve what it means to do. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Program that is designed to change screen colors does exactly that, what a piece of trash!

FWIW I would never use f.lux or anything similar when gaming, taking screenshots, watching a movie, photo editing or any color-sensitive activity. It's there for all the other times (e.g. browsing GAF at 2am)

You have unleashed the f.lux Defense Force

S1n1st3r

Banned
Install f.lux and problem solved.

I love flux, cant use a PC without it now. I stealth install it on every PC I come across.

With slow transition mode nobody even notices.

I use Twilight for android for my phone, thankfully I found it, flux ruined computer screens for me. Cant handle old school retina scarring at night now from ANY device.

I use the free version and it does everything I need, never felt the need to use the paid one.

Nzyme32

No it doesn't. F.lux is not changing anything of the actual rendered colours or anything like that. It just changes contrast, brightness and hues of colour - captures of any kind are unaffected

Furthermore, fullscreen applications automatically switch off f.lux so the colour makes sense. I would never recommend anyone use f.lux at the same time as playing a game or watching a movie where brightness, contrast and hue are important. The program is a god send outside of that, and is easily disabled should it be active when you don't want it to be

Coreda

I always turn it off when I play games, don't see why others can't do the same.

Problem is the devs refuse to update it with more features such as a simple exclusion list or customizable hotkeys, which would solve the need to manually turn it off. It's their lack of response to user feedback that irks me, even though I use it (on a very subtle setting).

No it doesn't. F.lux is not changing anything of the actual rendered colours or anything like that. Furthermore, fullscreen applications automatically switch off f.lux so the colour makes sense.

It absolutely does affect screenshots. Every single Steam screenshot I've taken with f.lux enabled is affected by the color changes. Stump also noticed this. For other apps it varies.

S1n1st3r

Banned
You could use a simple screen dimmer. That's how I lower the brightness beyond the overly bright minimum on the PC. It's merely an adjustable translucent overlay but it does the trick (keep in mind occasionally it can conflict with clicking buttons in apps, but it's rare).

Macs on the other hand have far lower minimum brightness levels so light theme isn't much of an issue viewed on one.

Its not so much the dimness/intensity, its actually the cooler tone that is most relaxing.

I can use the flux/twilight screen at even a higher brightness than default and it doesn't hurt my eyes as much.

Tizoc

My List

Game 5 (1 point) : Wolf among us
Game 4 (2 points) : Walking Dead Season 2
Game 3 (3 points) : Wolfenstein: The New Order
Game 2 (4 points) : Far Cry 4
Game 1 (5 points) : DA:I

Your #1 was never released on Steam so it won't count, read the 3rd post in this thread again ;P
Game must be on Steam and released from 2014

Tizoc

^Congrats~
Perfect, although Mr O is inviting folks to expand a little on their first choice, and add a little blurb as to why it is your GOTY etc - but that's entirely optional.

Can we edit our list via another PM?

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Antisquad -- MB-F9D61B852172B725
BlackSoul Extended Edition -- MB-9E3ABCF01669E3B8

Nordicus

Oh Dawn of War 2 Last Stand mode, why must you dig your claws into me and make me play until 3 in the morning once again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom