• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi

My vision is bad and I prefer darkness to avoid straining my eyes. The black theme is very comfortable for me. Just like how I can't use max screen brightness on my phone because it's too much. ( ´・ω・`)

It reminds me of Hexen in a good way.

Is there a bad way to be reminded of Hexen?

Wanted to pick Ziggurat but missed the sale or decided against it I forgot. Skipped many deals this winter cause I figured I wouldn't have time to play everything until next sale anyway and it might be cheaper then. Still bought a bunch of stuff that I haven't touched yet. PC gaming is hard.

Really hoping GTA V is well optimized so we can hold a steady 75 FPS to use the Rift. Would be unbelievable. And with the stem system coming soon.... so exciting!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
SteamGAF...I'm so sorry...I didn't buy anything during the sale. I considered $7 Deponia and forgot to buy $1 Terraria.

WHAT HAVE I BECOME :summerghost:

SteamGAF...I'm so sorry...I didn't buy anything during the sale. I considered $7 Deponia and forgot to buy $1 Terraria.

Sane? :p

I only started on Steam less than 18 months ago and have already had several sales where I haven't bought anything other than a gift or two for fellow SteamGAFers. I did a bit more this time but don't worry, you won't have your SteamGAF card revoked if you don't emulate JaseC! SteamGAF would be pretty empty if that were the case! :p

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

At least you aren't doing obsessive things like spending $20+ on DLC for a pulled game. That would be crazy.

Now if Gamers Gate would let me make a purchase I could get all the DLC I am missing.

Vibranium

Banned
Just submitted my GOTY choices, with Wolfenstein TNO at the top, even though I played and platinum-ed it on PS4 (I'll re-buy it on Steam again one day). I'm happy TotalBiscuit recognized its awesomeness.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Just submitted my GOTY choices, with Wolfenstein TNO at the top, even though I played and platinum-ed it on PS4 (I'll re-buy it on Steam again one day). I'm happy TotalBiscuit recognized its awesomeness.

Just be aware that it doesn't use Steam cloud services to save games so you will have to make a manual backup.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Royal Defense -- MB-981AFC02D7091D06 - Taken by NingenJanai
Love -- MB-35518BF4655BCB73 - Taken by Naked Snake
The Ingenious Machine: New and Improved Edition -- MB-B2574B201BAD1D2C - Taken by Knurek
BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-013C2832ACAB203A - Taken by 7Sins
Swipecart -- MB-EF29E871CFEF3A9E - Taken by TheMadMan007

It pisses me off that only CSGO causes my computer to go to a blank colored screen and hang there until I have to shut it down by holding the power button.

No other game seems to cause it and it's only when I exit the game, and only happens a minute or so after.

Oooh, just noticed the Carpe Fulgur Collection is 80% off. Glad I didn't buy it during the winter sale, but I'm pretty poor anyways after December. Will make a trip to the bank on Sunday and hopefully grab the collection in time.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

A new bundle has been released?

I think I might actually start playing some games from the ol' backlog... where to start?

I don't know what you have so these are good games that have been in bundles and have been given away through modbot.

In no order:

Neo Scavenger
Oozi: Earth Adventure
Toki Tori
Toki Tori 2
Syder Arcade
Full Boar
Papers, Please
Stealth Bastard
Gunpoint
Bastion

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Mobile site got most of the functions, but dark theme looks like crap.

Mobile dark is pretty terrible.

1404983371690.gif

you guys are weird.

Mobile dark is a disgrace to dark themes everywhere.

Someone explain to me what's so bad/wrong about this particular dark theme?

All I want from a dark theme is to invert the text/background colors, and this one does that. I don't know what else I should be judging it for *shrug*

As a bonus feature for phones/tablets with an OLED screen, dark themes save a ton of battery life.

Jørdan

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Leviathan: The Last Day of the Decade -- MB-78F56FB7B5E874A7 - Taken by cardinalmind
<3

-Deimos

All I want from a dark theme is to invert the text/background colors, and this one does that. I don't know what else I should be judging it for *shrug*

As a bonus feature for phones with an OLED screen, dark themes save a ton of battery life.

Too dark.

Never go full dark side.

As a bonus feature for phones/tablets with an OLED screen, dark themes save a ton of battery life.
It's just looks ugly, unlike the desktop one.

tmarg

I've got a spare copy of terraria from a humble bundle, check your PMs.

dex3108

Morning SteamGAF :D This looks interesting

Steam Update changelog:

General
  • Reduced CPU usage when drawing animated images or videos
  • Fixed video playback performance regression on Mac OS X and Linux
  • Added FPS counter to Steam Overlay
  • Fixed reloading settings values in the Steam Overlay

autoduelist

I asked at least twice at different times about different games (like: if this game is -75% now, how much would it be after the sale, does it become full price or some lesser discount?) And both times I was told that no they don't go back to full price. I should dig those posts up.

But perhaps they were talking about being a daily vs not while I was asking about during the entire sale vs not.

I remember you asking that, and I definitely remember thinking you meant 'after the daily', not after the whole sale. Honestly, the question makes more sense that way, since after the sale is, well, after the sale, whereas there's still a decent discount post-daily.

I've been sitting in front of my computer for two and a half hours thinking about what I should play. I'm fucked.

Sometimes I like to let someone else play and I'll watch. Feels good and takes away some of the stress of "not playing my games", until I feel that they've played enough and I don't want anymore of the game "spoiled" for me :/

Lain

White theme forever.

Every time I run the Desura client to see if some keys have been added to games, I can't help but think what a piece of shit. Now I can't even close those popup windows that show your keys. Clicking on the X does nothing!

Jørdan

I've been sitting in front of my computer for two and a half hours thinking about what I should play. I'm fucked.

Is there a particular genre you are in the mood for or are you at a complete loss? I could throw some recommendations your way if you wish, you have a healthy library to choose from. I went through a patch last year of not being able to settle on anything I started and it was awful wanting to play but being unable to connect, even in games I had previously enjoyed. That's when I discovered Mount & Blade (I'm still playing it) and I was pulled out of that funk.

When all else fails there is Steam Roulette.

pfkas

I like Steam Roulette but I find that it just server errors when I try it at the moment. Been like that for a while. :(

Cerity

Man, the lack of good AA in Alien Isolation really detracts from my enjoyment of the game.

You successfully run away from an Alien/Working Joe and you begin to explore the new area you're in. But you're greeted with light bouncing off pretty much all the jaggies in the room. Really immersion breaking IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom