• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE6's best part is the secret campaign.
One day later...

2kpmF9A.png

tumblr_madhbitqp21r93sz9.gif

I'm jumping on this bandwagon.

Teeth

I just started playing Ori and the Blind Forest. It's beautiful and sad, fun and adventurous and all that good stuff but I'll be damned if every time I see the game refer to "Nibel" I wonder if it was named after the GAF member or Mount Nibel from FF7.

I see that monkey sprite avatar in my mind every time it's mentioned.

Thanks GAF.

Note to self: sneak stumpakopow mention somewhere in cuphead.

Seriously surprised I won Dragon's Dogma though, I only said "Holy shit" in that one post because I didn't have a lot of time.

Looks like it's gonna be a Capcom Winter though. I started playing RE4 HD on PC last night (last version I ever played was the OG GC version and none of the ones that came after.) and I was having fun and I just happen to go "When did this come out?" turns out today is the anniversary of RE4, what a coincedence. And then with Dragon's Dogma is coming and then SFV in February.

Capcom please get out of my lap.
I can't believe that Blade & Soul is actually happening in the West. It's been years...

http://giant.gfycat.com/WickedAgreeableAfricanparadiseflycatcher.webm

Glad it's happening but the beta kinda took the wind out of my sails. I had been waiting since 2011 but, it was kinda underwhelming for me.

Sch1sm

Seriously surprised I won Dragon's Dogma though, I only said "Holy shit" in that one post because I didn't have a lot of time.

Looks like it's gonna be a Capcom Winter though. I started playing RE4 HD on PC (last version I ever played was the OG GC version and none of the ones that came after.) and I was having fun and I just happen to go "When did this come out?" turns out today is the anniversary of RE4, what a coincedence. And then with Dragon's Dogma is coming and then SFV in February.

At least they're good games. I had a Telltale Autumn. Telltale.

I've been on the fence about DD:DA since I already have it on console. Obviously there's a lot of visual improvement there, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Doubt I'd play it right away. Never felt the urge to return to it after my first play through. Just gonna live through everyone's screenshots/reviews here.

Vamphuntr

RE6 campaign might have been everything including the kitchen sink, while having far too many hands mucking about making it bloated. But the overall game to me is still very fun. Especially when you take a break from the campaign and go into mercs.

I beat it both on PS3 at launch and later on PC which I believed got all the patches. The core mechanics are fine and often great and you get a lot of mobility. You can counter and slide all over but the game was clearly not made with this in mind. You get boring corridors with insta death QTE or a cutscene where you still take damage from enemies every 5 minutes which kill any pacing. It's also weirdly balanced. If you don't use melee you will run out of ammo or if you spam the melee moves you will have more than you can carry.

This is on top of the dumb vehicles parts that are really poor and how the game keeps dragging on and is repetitive. Let's do that boss again in that campaign! Pretty much all scenarios have you running around collecting cards or pressing switches while the monsters that rape you in the mouth chase you around. Leon's finally boss is the very definition of "die already". I played both playthroughs in coop and felt it frustrating and fairly terrible. I tried in single player and AI Helena died and got it by the ambulance in Leon chapter 1 so I called it quit on a SP playthrough. I won't even touch the plot since it no longer makes any sense.

The fact 600 people worked on it and no one bothered to notice or fix all these issues is really telling.

Revelations 2 was a cheap looking game because they probably pitched the idea of a more classic RE game and Capcom laughed and forced it to be episodic with a low budget. They don't spend money on AAA stuff anymore except if it's mainline shootbang RE or Monster Hunter (when they do is when someone pays for the game like DR3 and SFV). It's ugly and janky but it didn't have as many glaring flaws and terrible design decision as 6.

At least they're good games. I had a Telltale Autumn. Telltale.

I've been on the fence about DD:DA since I already have it on console. Obviously there's a lot of visual improvement there, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Doubt I'd play it right away. Never felt the urge to return to it after my first play through. Just gonna live through everyone's screenshots/reviews here.

Telltale D:

I never got to play DD, my best bud raved about it for years and I had a chance to play Dark Arisen on PS3 using PS+ but it was 12 Gigs and back then my internet was much worse so I said "Ill start the download now, cancel it and finish it later." Because it should be in my download list. For some reason though it didn't go to my download list and I just got frustrated.

Popstar

What is standard protocol if someone wins a giveaway but doesn't take the game? I still have two games sitting in my inventory from a raffle a week ago (made steam gift links).

Jawmuncher

I beat it both on PS3 at launch and later on PC which I believed got all the patches. The core mechanics are fine and often great and you get a lot of mobility. You can counter and slide all over but the game was clearly not made with this in mind. You get boring corridors with insta death QTE or a cutscene where you still take damage from enemies every 5 minutes which kill any pacing. It's also weirdly balanced. If you don't use melee you will run out of ammo or if you spam the melee moves you will have more than you can carry.

This is on top of the dumb vehicles parts that are really poor and how the game keeps dragging on and is repetitive. Let's do that boss again in that campaign! Pretty much all scenarios have you running around collecting cards or pressing switches while the monsters that rape you in the mouth chase you around. Leon's finally boss is the very definition of "die already". I played both playthroughs in coop and felt it frustrating and fairly terrible. I tried in single player and AI Helena died and got it by the ambulance in Leon chapter 1 so I called it quit on a SP playthrough. I won't even touch the plot since it no longer makes any sense.

The fact 600 people worked on it and no one bothered to notice or fix all these issues is really telling.

Revelations 2 was a cheap looking game because they probably pitched the idea of a more classic RE game and Capcom laughed and forced it to be episodic with a low budget. They don't spend money on AAA stuff anymore except if it's mainline shootbang RE or Monster Hunter (when they do is when someone pays for the game like DR3 and SFV). It's ugly and janky but it didn't have as many glaring flaws and terrible design decision as 6.

I won't defend the vehicle sections they're pretty bad. I don't like them either.
Still I really enjoyed RE6 despite all of it's flaws. Also I think a lot of it's original flaws was due to forcing a release date. Hell they even moved up the release date. The post content support to try and fix everything that wasn't huge shows. Such as being able to disable the QTEs.

Looks like it's gonna be a Capcom Winter though. I started playing RE4 HD on PC last night (last version I ever played was the OG GC version and none of the ones that came after.) and I was having fun and I just happen to go "When did this come out?" turns out today is the anniversary of RE4, what a coincedence. And then with Dragon's Dogma is coming and then SFV in February.

Glad it's happening but the beta kinda took the wind out of my sails. I had been waiting since 2011 but, it was kinda underwhelming for me.

I'm happy for people who have been waiting patiently since the announcement back then. I've played it thoroughly to the endgame on the Chinese version, I'm not playing through that again.

By the way, congrats on Dragon's Dogma!

What is standard protocol if someone wins a giveaway but doesn't take the game? I still have two games sitting in my inventory from a raffle a week ago (made steam gift links).

You might want to nuke them first.

If anyone wants to have the horrible pawn I'll create in friday: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Adnor/

I'm going to create Ciri. Not sure how it'll turn out lol.

Khronico

I remember when I created Snake as my main and Liquid Ocelot as my pawn. Great times.

I'm thinking Guts+Caska for my first PC run.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

What happened exactly? I don't think they got a C&D from Nintendo although a lot of people thought they might. They were pretty vague in their update:

The project failed for many reasons, including unexpected events and different outcomes regarding what we had accomplished. Not everything went according to plan and this is the situation that we're in.

I guess this sort of thing happens all the time, such a shame.

Adnor

Banned
What happened exactly? I don't think they got a C&D from Nintendo although a lot of people thought they might. They were pretty vague in their update:

I guess this sort of thing happens all the time, such a shame.

If I remember correctly they understimated how expensive is to make a game and asked a lot less than what they needed.

Codes from the AMD thing, they should work but don't kill me if they don't!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jiggaloboy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dirt Rally #1 -- MB-32A5D9AEABA3F846 - Taken by Belgarion. 18 entrants total.
Dirt Rally #2 -- MB-658BB7A143715975 - Taken by SilentMatthew. 17 entrants total.

t1452575711z1.png

Teppic

A bit off toppic, but I just disabled spotlight search - siri suggestions on my iPhone 5 and it's so much faster now. Feels like I got a new phone compared to how sluggish it was before.

I want a full Game of Thrones crew lol.

I think that's quite common on the consoles version.
I guess it'll be common on PC as well lol.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/451850468372008943/#p1

The OP is banned, interesting..

As nice as that is to hear, I'm expecting Capcom to patch them out now,

But thanks for the link, something to look forward to whenever I can get it provided they're not patched.

It's already on the Internet, they can try but people can still get it again.

Vamphuntr

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/1...ra-runs-out-of-kickstarter-money-put-on-hold/

I think that's quite common on the consoles version.
I guess it'll be common on PC as well lol.

The OP is banned, interesting..

It's already on the Internet, they can try but people can still get it again.

There is a sticky on the forum about piracy discussion...

So Resident Evil 5 has some shit boss fights. The tank controls really hurt.

My favorite RE6 campaign is the first one because I can just stare at the screen and be mesmerized by the beautiful hair. Helena's hair is okay too.

I really like the email that Steam sends when something on your wishlist is on sale. That rocks. For instance, I was thinking about Typing of the Dead and now it is 75% off and I got an email about it. Makes me want to add anything I might be interested in to my wishlist.

I read some stuff that Typing of the Dead doesn't play nicely with Windows 10 and hasn't been updated, so I took it off. :(

Parsnip

supposedly the armor isn't there, just the names

Even if the files aren't there, MTF modding tools exists where enterprising modders can probably just pull the data from console versions and plug it in the PC version.

Possibly. Probably. Maybe.

supposedly the armor isn't there, just the names

It seems that the OP has actually done it. Too bad he's banned before he can explain or show any proof.

There is a sticky on the forum about piracy discussion...

But he's not talking about piracy at all. Yes he's definitely playing the leaked version, but he didn't mention it on that thread. The mods didn't touch the other thread that is actually discussing leaked version.

Vibranium

Banned

I'm praying that REmake and hopefully Zero's sales are enough for Capcom to greenlight a classic Resident Evil spin-off in the style of those games. Use camera angles and have two control schemes (tank and modern).

I don't want more Revelations for spin-offs, I want to be in a mansion or something with T-Virus zombies and monsters.

Wait, you get yours the day itself?
I usually get mine a week later.

Well I noticed when I got home from work that the game was on sale (I've been on every day), and the email came around 4:30 pm.

Interesting though, it would indeed be useless if the email didn't go out immediately.

Also, can publishers see how many people have a game wishlisted?

Jawmuncher

I'm praying that REmake and hopefully Zero's sales are enough for Capcom to greenlight a classic Resident Evil spin-off in the style of those games. Use camera angles and have two control schemes (tank and free run).

I don't want Revelations, I want to be in a mansion or something with T-Virus zombies and monsters.

With RE2make surely being in the vein of REmake and 0, I think we're gonna see more Survival Horror themed RE's so long as that one is succesful.

Vibranium

Banned
With RE2make surely being in the vein of REmake and 0, I think we're gonna see more Survival Horror themed RE's so long as that one is succesful.

I'm hoping. I am ok with the main series being action to get big sales (as RE 4 fans want, and I love that game too), though I want side games dedicated to pure survival horror.

I just hope RE2make keeps the important elements and then builds upon them. For example, I could see the RPD station being way bigger. Can't wait to see the STARS offices in HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom