• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Messiah, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Messiah, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Just Cause 3 -- MB-B6459714EB23E5A2 - Taken by sakyot. 118 entrants total.

t1452560856z1.png

Messiah

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Messiah, who is running this raffle.

For whoever wins, remember to remove the "&" I had to put at the end of the key and send your thanks to Dongs Macabre as it was originally his giveaway. Enjoy the game and good luck everyone.

Get well soon, ModBot.

Sorry again, for the multiple wrong reposts. I shouldn't use autorepost if I don't know what I am doing.

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BernardoOne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-EBC51FDA3B269F2F - Taken by Cyldman. 7 entrants total.

t1452558310z1.png

iosefe

For whoever wins, remember to remove the "&" I had to put at the end of the key and send your thanks to Dongs Macabre as it was originally his giveaway. Enjoy the game and good luck everyone.

Get well soon, ModBot.

Sorry again, for the multiple wrong reposts. I shouldn't use autorepost if I don't know what I am doing.

i've had issue with nuking myself

shit happens

Soon Modbot will reach true autonomy and begin banning people at random intervals.

Yeah, he'll start monitoring the threads and hassle people who buy bundles.
"So, i heard you bought a bundle? Get many unused keys? Be a shame if something happened to your account. Will i be expecting a PM from you later? Good, wasn't that easy?" :)

IndieGala sorted out my account in seconds after i emailed support. I also now know they don't work like other sites too! I have a spare bundle of ke... oh Hi ,Modbot. Fancy seeing you here.

It's been a while since I've given some games away.

Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Diadra Empty -- MB-ABF3F65903D277C7 - Taken by Baha. 4 entrants total.
Hitogata Happa -- MB-AD21E922B80A9E79
Gundemonium Recollection -- MB-0C409A0CAE0E99B8 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 6 entrants total.
GundeadliGne -- MB-98122E76FB5A57DD - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

t1452571090z1.png

Let me know if the winners have any problems.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think so, wasn't it just Iron Galaxy?

I made some giveaways that had errors but got bumped anyway because I added the autorepost rule. Oops.

I know IG was involved. Is it the only one? I have no idea. There could have been many studios working as a part of it.

After the Batman Arkham Knight fiasco High Voltage should never be given anything of importance ever again.

Thought it was Iron Galaxy that did the PC port for AK and HV were ones that did the MK10 port. Still, they both suffered prestige hits from the shoddy ports. Moreso for Iron Galaxy since HV are consistently bad, but cheap.

Vibranium

Banned
Thought it was Iron Galaxy that did the PC port for AK and HV were ones that did the MK10 port. Still, they both suffered prestige hits from the shoddy ports. Moreso for Iron Galaxy since HV are consistently bad, but cheap.

You're right, I made a mistake. I haven't played MKX, didn't hear good things about the port though.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Yeah but if half of my 1000 games are bundle trash (or whatever game we don't like lies in our libraries), most of them idled for a long time (YES! I BLAME YOU! :p ), it would be just fair on Steam part to keep suggesting me bundle trash, as every hint points to the fact that I quite enjoy them.

On the other hand, when it suggests games not available or marked not interested, well that's a bug and should be fixed, but that's not my point.

EDIT

I definitely agree that it can and should be improved.
But at the same time, I honestly think that our own "bad" customer habits inevitably fucked up the ability to provide us a meaningful insight on our actual gaming habits.

We as a subset of the overall userbase are probably huge outliers, so our data will need more comprehensive checks in order to sift through and create meaningful results. But as JShack mentioned, those of us with 800-2000 games have given Valve a lot more data to pull from, and that's something they should improve their system to utilize. Even a few simple tweaks to be mindful of choices made during the exploration queues themselves would go a long way to improving quality of life for those using it.

For example - I have a lot of interest in Visual Novels being on Steam. I'm glad when it tells me there are others coming, especially when I come across one I wasn't aware of before. But during the Winter Seal, the discovery queue had the audacity to suggest a Sakura title to me, despite the fact that I had already refunded Chariot's spitegift copy when we were testing out the gift refund process, and said I was not interested in the game then. After checking "Not Interested" on the first Sakura title, the queue then continued by asking me if I was interested in every single other Sakura game on the service, one right after the other. You'd think after the second one, it would understand I might not be interested in any of those particular games and stop suggesting them to me. Those are the sort of easy changes that should be made up front, with more extensive taste evaluation coming in over time.

Easier said than done, absolutely! But if Valve wants to keep moving towards an automated storefront, this is the big fish that needs catching now while they've got people's attention on the discovery queue.

You'd think after the second one, it would understand I might not be interested in any of those particular games and stop suggesting them to me. Those are the sort of easy changes that should be made up front, with more extensive taste evaluation coming in over time.

That would involve collecting more information about the userbase. The amount they collect right now makes people uncomfortable.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I finished up Mutant Mudds Deluxe today. It's a game for the patient and methodical, and I'm absolutely not among them. It was frustrating having to recollect diamonds if you didn't quite make the checkpoint or died right before collecting the end of the level water sprite. The levels where you didn't have to collect anything were much more fun. I feel like my frustrations would be erased if they got rid of checkpoints and instead just had health pick ups.

Other than, you know, wanting to (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ half the time, it was a pretty neat game. The power ups are pretty cool and the music's serviceable. What little story there is was fine. The ghost levels concept was something I hadn't seen before. Unfortunately, I feel like I would've enjoyed it a lot more if it was a little more relaxing. As it is, it's a pretty unforgiving game. I don't recommended it for anyone looking for a casual platformer, but if you want some tough level design, this'll probably work for you.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
That would involve collecting more information about the userbase. The amount they collect right now makes people uncomfortable.

I'm sure there are people who would find it unsettling, similar to those who don't appreciate targeted advertisements using collected search results to cater to them. But honestly, a taste engine can't function without some degree of stored inputs. Take Last.fm for example. That service isn't trying to sell you music directly, but still allows the user to voluntarily 'scrobble' plays of music tracks to introduce you to similar bands and users with similar taste to expand your potential collection. If you're using the discovery queue on Steam, it isn't unreasonable to assume it would save and analyze the information you give it. As long as users are informed that the service will store such information, I don't see it posing much of a problem.

...So long as Valve keeps their servers from exposing user data again.

Jawmuncher

Actual Response
Revelations 1 and 2 to me still feel too much like low attempts at trying to be Survival Horror. The way I take them is those hungry for that style end up enjoying it, since they've been devoid of that style of gameplay for awhile. While those of us who like the more action oriented style just get left with a game with lesser style than those. I'm not going to say the revelations series are bad games. But for me as a RE fan, I want either full action or full survival horror. Not this odd in between that doesn't satisfy me. Also not saying those fans can't like all of them, I know people in here who like RE6 and like the Rev games just for their change of pace.

I will say for Revelations 2, I did like the nods to the overall story of RE though. Was nice to start getting more stuff for those of us who really follow the story. Hope RE7 is filled with more of that.

Jawmuncher

I can agree with 4 and 5 but 6 only redeemable feature was that I could delete it from my SSD with no remorse.

RE6 campaign might have been everything including the kitchen sink, while having far too many hands mucking about making it bloated. But the overall game to me is still very fun. Especially when you take a break from the campaign and go into mercs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom