• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

You... you kinda lost me there. What's going on?

They're both playing The Long War for XCOM: EW; next month, humanity fights these folks:
xcom2viperpng-dec42c_1670w.png

XCOM2_Viper_Actions.0.png

NP7z4bL.png

Nah, it was a GTX 780.

i'm not picky though, this is still a huge upgrade for me :)
Congrats, great card. Been a long time visiting the streams ever since it got over 200 viewers.
I really love the freedom the controller gives you. It feels great playing a game like System Shock 2 with proper controller support.
Oooh, as someone who likes to tinker & customize extensively and plays older titles, Steam Controller does look very nice.
I don't know if these sort of posts are frowned upon, but on days like today when I'm feeling depressed I like to organize my library, finding artwork for some of the new games I have purchased.
TIukd0m.jpg
There are some really great looking banners there. I can't decipher most games but that's a good thing tbh. Feels much more personalized this way :)
Custom Steam icons for Grid View for those interested in customizing their game icons. Easily overlooked in the stacked OP.

Also, hang in there. Tomorrow might be a sunnier day and you happier :)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I use a DS4 and I always play with my controller plugged in so the battery thing isn't a problem. I got 360 and DS3 on standby for other people if they like.

Eila

I played CS: GO with the Alienware stream too.
I got shrekt badly and didn't even recieve a GTX 780 in compensation.
:(

KarmaCow

Bit of an odd question but has anyone noticed that having the Epic Games launcher open (not minimized) really uses a lot of their GPU? My GPU temp went up by almost 25C for some reason and it seemed to only go back to normal levels after I minimized the Epic Games launcher. It was downloading something but that shouldn't matter right? The only thing that uses the GPU that much are highly intensive games and it was only the GPU that was under heavy load.

rtcn63

Bit of an odd question but has anyone noticed that having the Epic Games launcher open (not minimized) really uses a lot of their GPU? My GPU temp went up by almost 25C for some reason and it seemed to only go back to normal levels after I minimized the Epic Games launcher. It was downloading something but that shouldn't matter right? The only thing that uses the GPU that much are highly intensive games and it was only the GPU that was under heavy load.

That's because Epic is raiding your hard drive and sending info to the NSA. Or was that someone else?

gelf

I personally never found a problem with DS3 and neither did anyone I ever met. Until I went to GAF. Its like stepping into bizzaro world.
I don't get the big fuss about it either. I'm fine using either it or 360 for most games. Nothing on the DS3 is as shit as the 360 dpad that's for sure.

tuxfool

Banned

It seems to run in 3d mode. If you don't add an exception to rivatuner, it shows the afterburner overlay in the epic launcher :/

KarmaCow

That's because Epic is raiding your hard drive and sending info to the NSA.

But seriously, I've never seen just the GPU spike like that for no good reason. Having the Steam client open will sometimes randomly eat up 50% of my CPU which is odd and extremely unnecessary but I can at least understand that.

It seems to run in 3d mode. If you don't add an exception to rivatuner, it shows the afterburner overlay in the epic launcher :/

Ah that makes sense. Ridiculous. Is there no way to disable that through the launcher itself?

tuxfool

Banned
But seriously, I've never seen just the GPU spike like that for no good reason. Having the Steam client open will sometimes randomly eat up 50% of my CPU which is odd and extremely unnecessary but I can at least understand that.

Ah that makes sense. Ridiculous. Is there no way to disable that through the launcher itself?

Not that I'm aware of. For all I know it is actually using the GPU to render the UI, using non-standard toolkit paths that would get filtered out in the 2d/3d mode detection. I'd always assumed, not digging deeply, that it was just using a Node.js window that seems popular these days. Apparently not.

e: Looking at the logs, it actually is making direct3D calls.

vakarian32

Could I please get an invite to the GAF Steam group? That would be ace, thanks :) I have a link to my Steam ID in my forum profile.

edit: So fast, thanks I got it!

oipic

Could I please get an invite to the GAF Steam group? That would be ace, thanks :) I have a link to my Steam ID in my forum profile.

One of the gang beat me to the invite thing, but nice to have someone else on board from Melbourne (the world's most liveable city, folks). :)

Most Australian's cling onto the edge, fearing for there lives! Only the bravest move inland.

Their was a Kangaroo blocking my driveway this morning, looked at me like I was the stupid one.

Don't mess with kangaroos.
I've watched too many terrifying kangaroos videos on youtube.

Kanokare

Is the Squeenix website the only place I can buy the LIFE IS STRANGE LIMITED EDITION PC version? Wish it was Amazon or Best Buy so I can get a discount and not worry about shipping :/

vakarian32

One of the gang beat me to the invite thing, but nice to have someone else on board from Melbourne (the world's most liveable city, folks). :)

Yeah cheers! Thought I'd finally join the group and add some folks, friends list was a bit lonely. Typical Melbourne weather shenanigans though, 40c yesterday now it's below 16c and raining.

Even your fluffy animals are total bastards.

Very true, my cat is giving me a pretty mean look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom