• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

That's just daft.

Also I'm really enjoying iosefe's storytelling for his XCOM game. Dude you should consider throwing together a blog or something to preserve these tales for posterity. Heck it might even get picked up by some of the gaming press blogs like Alice and Kev did back in the day.

Oh and add me to the game too please if you get a free slot somewhere :p
i'll probably look through those posts and save them. thanks for the vote of confidence.

got any specific name you want?
Goddammit.

you are a great squad leader. and still alive.
I fucking love these, dude. Like, really. You should make a dedicated blog fo' this shizz!
as above, i'll be working on that now. i assume i would touch things up and add between mission chatter or something for a nice cohesive narrative
Haha, awesome!

I regret nothing. Honored to have fallen this way o7
you're a god damn hero

The problem I have with the Steam Controller is, that I cant get used to the slow movement of the right trackpad as a right analogstick. I tried a few games now and at default configs, the movement of the right pad is far too slow.

Durante

US:
top10us3eygy.jpg
top10rujozuo.jpg
Are you sure that Rainbow 6 is not simply blocked in Russia?
List here in Austria is the exact same as the US list.

MadGear

So I played the first chapters of Remember Me. The combat feels very clunky and at first I thought I was able to build my own combos but it turns out that I'm just allowed to change properties. Still okay but its less than what I was hoping for. But oh well, I like the overall premise of this game so I'll continue playing it. I just wish parts of this fiction where slightly more plausible, like why is this hacking glove all of a sudden able to fire virtual grenades that cause a physical impact.

Oh and working girl lady robots / Babes in the shell. Surprisingly plausible ... you think that in this world anime waifus are extinct?

Lomax

So I played the first chapters of Remember Me. The combat feels very clunky and at first I thought I was able to build my own combos but it turns out that I'm just allowed to change properties. Still okay but its less than what I was hoping for. But oh well, I like the overall premise of this game so I'll continue playing it. I just wish parts of this fiction where slightly more plausible, like why is this hacking glove all of a sudden able to fire virtual grenades that cause a physical impact.

Oh and working girl lady robots / Babes in the shell. Surprisingly plausible ... you think that in this world anime waifus are extinct?

It takes a while to unlock enough stuff that creating your own combos becomes more practical (having the DLC can help with that). I found that finding a setup that suited my playstyle made a significant impact on my enjoyment and survivability.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It has different package, so maybe that could be causing it.

Unlike Rise of the Tomb Raider, the listing isn't tied to a sub.

In the past it was easier to show regional list differences because it was possible to skip down the list on the front page (top 1-10, then top 11-20, and so on), but with the redesigned store, the larger list is now a search result and cc=xx doesn't work on search pages.

Remember me is a decent scifi adventure game with really crap combat.

Life is strange is apparently how they fixed their games, by simply sticking to what worked and excising what didn't

It sure looks amazing downsampled though

Parsnip

Finished Final Fantasy XIII-2.
Ended up actually liking it quite a bit.
Like I mentioned a few days ago, actually making the main characters likable is a pretty good start after FF13 was such a shitshow in that regard. I like Serah's character quite a bit (it also probably helps that Laura Bailey voiced her) and Mog is actually awesome. And I don't hate Noel, which is a huge step up from the last game. From the returning characters that get any significant screentime, Snow is still awful and Lightning is still boring as fuck, but they really turned Hope around for this one. From what little dialogue Vanille has, her accent seems more consistent now.
Combat feels better than 13 as well. Not much to say about that, it's just snappier.
Story then, well, that's just whatever. Pretty typical world saving jrpg story wrapped in time travel shit.

I think I'm going to tube the paradox endings and whatever the dlc chapters are and move on.

madjoki

Unlike Rise of the Tomb Raider, the listing isn't tied to a sub.

In the past it was easier to show regional list differences because it was possible to skip down the list on the front page (top 1-10, then top 11-20, and so on), but with the redesigned store, the larger list is now a search result and cc=xx doesn't work on search pages.

It still works if you create proper search url manually: (add &cc=XX&page=X)

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers&os=win&cc=us&page=2

What I have thought is, it links to store page if package doesn't contain multiple apps that are on store. (Rise of the Tomb Raider comes with Tomb Raider 2013). This means it's also under 'Packages that include this game' on store page.

But I haven't checked if this holds true for all differences. (I rarely look at Top Sellers list anyway).

BadRamen

The only real regret about selling cards is I lose access to the sometimes awesome backgrounds/art that is perfect for desktops. Is there anywhere that has been saving these (like that site that saved PS3 theme backgrounds)? The Ikaruga ones are particularly amazing!

Soulflarz

Banned
Things I want for my PC which I don't own

Speakers (2+Subwoofer, I killed my nice set on the car ride to college half a year ago >_>)
Wifi Card, to rebroadcast my signal
Keyboard, since using my wireless logitech one works but lets be honest a wireless keyboard isn't the best choice

I also tend to want at least decent quality

So in witcher 3 I got the ending where
ciri dies
and want to go back and get a different one. I have quite a few saves but wondering how far back I have to go. Do I have to go back before that point where you get to that island that suggests you save?

JustLynx

Knurek

Fuck Republicans supporting Cancer.

Okay, this is what differentiates men from babies:

Babies:
intelC2Dstock_pspc.jpg

Men:
BeQuiet!PureRock1.jpg

Please keep fingers crossed so that I don't damage my CPU while installing the later.

JustLynx

Hm seems like the majority of the options
to get the ending where she wont die is after I find her
hm wonder how many hours of a back track that is. I basically stuck to the main quest after that.

I think you will have a lot of back tracking to do if you'll decide to do it... think twice before doing it, I mean, you can always just watch the other endings on youtube or something
good luck!

Luckily I managed to do all the right things and got the good ending so I was happy with it and just watched the other endings on youtube, they were pretty awesome too imo

Ludens

Banned
I already got bored with MGO.
There are only five maps and three modes (one of them, Cloak and Dagger, requires a lot of concentration, otherwise you risk on getting killed as the match starts and you need to remain watching the whole match, since there's no respawn, so I'm avoiding it for now).

There's the deathmatch...but I don't really see the point on playing a deathmatch on a stealth game. It's all "run around and kill", nothing special.

Sad to admit it, but I had more fun on playing Peace Walker online than this.

The good thing is, at least for me, the game finds a game in no time, but I never took part to a 8 vs 8 match, usually is 4 vs 4.

I think you will have a lot of back tracking to do if you'll decide to do it... think twice before doing it, I mean, you can always just watch the other endings on youtube or something
good luck!

Luckily I managed to do all the right things and got the good ending so I was happy with it and just watched the other endings on youtube, they were pretty awesome too imo
Yeah that is probably what I'll do. Don't think I'm about that back tracking life lol. So after beating the game is that considered the new game + where the recommended level for the dlc goes from 30 to 60? Think I'm lvl 32 iirc

from the Dragon's Dogma thread...

Reviewed it: Rated it a Buy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxGO-eh3dkU
For those who don't like my style

Pros:
Runs incredibly well
Gameplay is ace
Humor
Dark Souls open world feel

Cons
Some textures are terrible
Grass looks really bad in spots

I will also be posting the 1 hour Walking the Walk art and technical discuss video later today. Some interesting stuff going on here under the surface.

Fuck Republicans supporting Cancer.

Okay, this is what differentiates men from babies:

Babies:
intelC2Dstock_pspc.jpg

Men:
BeQuiet!PureRock1.jpg

Please keep fingers crossed so that I don't damage my CPU while installing the later.
I had a cooler break two of my motherboards before I decided it wasn't worth it and went stock.

CPUs these days are so ahead wrt gaming that I didn't see the reason for needed extra cooling since I had zero plans to overclock

rtcn63

I had a cooler break two of my motherboards before I decided it wasn't worth it and went stock.

CPUs these days are so ahead wrt gaming that I didn't see the reason for needed extra cooling since I had zero plans to overclock

You can compromise and buy a smaller cooler. I don't like the stock one because in my experience, the push pins would often snap randomly, and even get stuck inside the motherboard holes requiring you to fuck around to get it out. Never again.

JustLynx

Yeah that is probably what I'll do. Don't think I'm about that back tracking life lol. So after beating the game is that considered the new game + where the recommended level for the dlc goes from 30 to 60? Think I'm lvl 32 iirc

not sure if I got you right but you can start a new game+ and the story will reset
or, continue to the expansion pack where you'll just continue from where you ended (you won't find any of the main chars), you're at the right level
and HoS is AMAZING, some people say the story is even better than the base game's story

Arthea

The bestseller list used to be region specific for a long time. but it seems not to be anymore, we already noticed that one time before, I think it was Yian, lists being identical in many regions, they were very different before. I'm not sure when it was changed, but no less than 3 months ago.

Maniac

Banned
You can compromise and buy a smaller cooler. I don't like the stock one because in my experience, the push pins would often snap randomly, and even get stuck inside the motherboard holes requiring you to fuck around to get it out. Never again.

Oh god. That sounds awful. I've installed like 6 or 7 Intel pucks and haven't ever experienced that... And god damn, I'm glad I haven't.

Anyway, for now, I'm still using my puck. If I ever need to overclock my CPU I'll definitely get something else, however I'm not really sure if I'd want a small NZXT or Corsair loop or a Noctua aircooler. Time will tell.

not sure if I got you right but you can start a new game+ and the story will reset
or, continue to the expansion pack where you'll just continue from where you ended (you won't find any of the main chars), you're at the right level
and HoS is AMAZING, some people say the story is even better than the base game's story
Cool thx

Uzzy

Contents of the limited edition of Life is Strange

Think I'll pick up a copy. I'm mostly glad that they have a license to sell the soundtrack now which could possibly lead to an itunes release. Can't remember the last time I used a CD to listen to music (or even touched one for that matter).

Already pre-ordered, but that looks great. I can hear the music just looking at it.

rtcn63

Oh god. That sounds awful. I've installed like 6 or 7 Intel pucks and haven't ever experienced that... And god damn, I'm glad I haven't.

I've had it happen at least twice. What happens is the legs snap, but the pins remains in the "affixed" position, as if the CPU cooler was still attached to the motherboard. And this was before I had cases with back access.

Also when you do buy a cooler, don't go too cheap. I know people love the Evo 212 (I have it), but the bearings started to make a loud grinding noise after six months, and I had to replace the fan with a Noctua. (Which isn't that much quieter prior to the grinding, but has been good for ~2 years)

Once you lose a $130 motherboard over an unneeded part you just don't even mess around anymore.

I have a 4770k so it's perfectly fine for gaming given that there's nothing really pushing cpus these days anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom