• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

By Grabthar's hammer, he shall be missed.

823b64d88b953e6d12dab9984df50d6b.jpg

cyba89

Started Far Cry 3 a few days ago (which I bought during Summer Sale
). Fun for like 9 hours, but then climbing towers and taking camps gets old. Also the island isn't really varied so I stopped playing it.
Will probably finish it sometime this year, but for the rest of January my gaming time is dedicated to Dragons Dogma, The Witness and Rise Of The Tomb Raider.

Nabs

I really love the freedom the controller gives you. It feels great playing a game like System Shock 2 with proper controller support.

That's actually really impressive, particularly the touchpad quick selection and motion controlled lean.

Yup. That's a great set of features.

The problem I have with the Steam Controller is, that I cant get used to the slow movement of the right trackpad as a right analogstick. I tried a few games now and at default configs, the movement of the right pad is far too slow.

You have the option to fix it. If you're using something like Mouse-Like Joystick, you'll want to increase the sensitivity in game. A game like Fallout requires that you do it in the ini because Bethesda.

ArjanN

There are also 100s of different cancers and I am guessing its not a 1 cure solution.

Yeah, this is something most people don't really understand about cancer, and it's why there will never suddenly be a 'cure for cancer' no matter how much money or research we pump into it.

Alright, my birthday is tomorrow (14th) so I might as well toss this up since I already shot my 'big' giveaway after Christmas. Imagine there's a few people who wanted this but don't have it. Key should work fine, I got it when it was still free from the website.

24 hour raffle simply so more people who might want it can see and enter.

Happy birthday! :)

zkylon

zkylewd
man i'm getting the nvidia driver crashes more and more frequently now, even on firefox (it used to be exclusive to chrome)

i'm worried my videocard might be pooped

fk

You might as well make that game Dragon's Dogma at this point and join the hype train.
i would've if the nuuvem version wasn't brazil exclusive

So in witcher 3 I got the ending where
ciri dies
and want to go back and get a different one. I have quite a few saves but wondering how far back I have to go. Do I have to go back before that point where you get to that island that suggests you save?

lol you gotta go WAYYYYYYYYYYY back, make different choices related to her as well, a few off the top of my head:
destroy the guy's secret lab with her
do the snowball fight (i didn't let her beat me, fuck that. although idk if it matters who wins)
when yen and triss are arguing I joined in but was simply there to watch, apparently you're supposed to let her go by herself but I still ended up getting the best possible ending in the game

Jawmuncher

Don't let this game fool you, it's tough as hell for a rhythm game. Only master's need apply. I can't even beat the first stage. Will keep trying though.
EDit: Or at least it has a bit of a learning curve.

kagamin

Don't let this game fool you, it's tough as hell for a rhythm game. Only master's need apply. I can't even beat the first stage. Will keep trying though.

It's more confusing than anything, having no feedback sound when you hit buttons is kinda sucky because I really like that feature to keep me paced, however I've been doing consistently better every time I try the stages.

ezodagrom

BorntoPlay

I had a cooler break two of my motherboards before I decided it wasn't worth it and went stock.

CPUs these days are so ahead wrt gaming that I didn't see the reason for needed extra cooling since I had zero plans to overclock

Please keep fingers crossed so that I don't damage my CPU while installing the later.

Worth it for the fan noise alone.

I don't like fucking huge CPU coolers, something in between like the Cooler Master Hyper TX3 is a great option.....

Jawmuncher

It's more confusing than anything, having no feedback sound when you hit buttons is kinda sucky because I really like that feature to keep me paced, however I've been doing consistently better every time I try the stages.

It's not that hard once you actually work out when to press the buttons.

I guess that's the hardest thing then. No feedback on presses and it might be emulation or my own timing making it a bit hard. I beat two levels so far, but am now stuck on The Ring level. Think this will be a game I keep picking at.

That's tough for Jaw though.

Talking all that shit and you haven't even played it.

Messiah

I guess that's the hardest thing then. No feedback on presses and it might be emulation or my own timing making it a bit hard. I beat two levels so far, but am now stuck on The Ring level. Think this will be a game I keep picking at.
Yeah, I see where you are coming from. I had trouble beating the first stage as well when I started out.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, I see where you are coming from. I had trouble beating the first stage as well when I started out.

The worst thing is getting B or A but still failing the song.
What are you supposed to do when it stays solid hold it?

------

Ok i'm getting a tad bit better, but I have to play it oddly to hit the notes on time.

Eila

Seems like Ghostlight has some Japanese games planned for 2016 (though no details other than having a JRPG and an action game to announce early this year).
http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/ghostlight-in-2016

Not only are we looking at a few games from a Japanese developer that I’ve been wanting to work with for a long time, but I’ve also been evaluating a Japanese game which - as far as I’m aware - hasn’t even been announced for Japan yet.
This gets me slightly hyped.

I have heard good things about this game. It draws alot of comparisons to Zelda.

I bought it day 1 it is fun, it is quite similar to zelda only much more simplified. You have a boat to get from island to island like windwaker except you just click the island and you teleport there (no sea travel) . It plays more like a 2D zelda than a 3D zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom