• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

I have heard good things about this game. It draws alot of comparisons to Zelda.

19pGz7m.png

:p

Vamphuntr

But does this release mean that the other leaks were real?

It read the app name from the Help Desk change introduced with the refunds options. So all that was pulled from there was real. The only question is whether they will release the build in the db or not.

iosefe

Thank you!

So if I die today, do I get an automatic draft into your XCOM 2 run? :)

yes.

but on to more pressing matters.

War might be hell, but even in darkness we gain new comrades.

Today we mourn the loss of Lance Corporal Dalila Lukic. On her belt were 2 successful missions. but Death catches us all eventually. What i can say of Dalila is that she is one more reason for us to eradicate all Thin Men. From here, our comrades will fight ever harder to ensure a Thin Man takes no more of our dear friends.

But we have gained a friend, Zhang. he promises to be a great asset to our XCOM unit, and will fight to honor the woman who had fallen to help usher him into safety.

We nearly lost Angela "Khaleesi" Traveller this day as well. but with God as my witness, she is a strong one, and fantastic squad leader, and we wish her a quick recovery and to come back stronger than ever.

Uzzy

We've entered an endless recursion of time.

Jawmuncher

Don't let this game fool you, it's tough as hell for a rhythm game. Only master's need apply. I can't even beat the first stage. Will keep trying though.
EDit: Or at least it has a bit of a learning curve.

Ok kind of getting it now. Think i'm about half way through the game. It can still be pretty tough though. A lot of songs punish you quick if you miss more than like 2 notes in a row.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My account functionality has been restored. Apparently I somehow triggered Steam's fraud protection system:

Hello Jason,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

One or more purchases on this account were recently refunded by our fraud protection system. The account was temporarily locked to protect the cardholder from additional charges and safeguard the Steam account.

I have removed the purchasing lock since I can see that the account is not being used for fraudulent activity. You are free to re-purchase any of the content that was refunded by our fraud system. Refunds may take up to ten days to post to your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

fantomena

Downloading the Garden Warfare 2 beta. Sad to know there's no PC beta. The download would be way faster if I downloaded on Origin and not the shitty PSN download servers.

Arthea

Friendly reminder, Arthea, one more day to buy Dragon's Dogma.

bbbut I'm not buying games I'm not gonna play right away anymore!

ok, ok, bought it

shouldn't you try to help me to stay true to my resolution, not the other way around?

My account functionality has been restored. Apparently I somehow triggered Steam's fraud protection system:

That was fast, you are on their list of "people we don't wanna piss off and lose all our income"

yes.

but on to more pressing matters.

War might be hell, but even in darkness we gain new comrades.

Today we mourn the loss of Lance Corporal Dalila Lukic. On her belt were 2 successful missions. but Death catches us all eventually. What i can say of Dalila is that she is one more reason for us to eradicate all Thin Men. From here, our comrades will fight ever harder to ensure a Thin Man takes no more of our dear friends.

But we have gained a friend, Zhang. he promises to be a great asset to our XCOM unit, and will fight to honor the woman who had fallen to help usher him into safety.

We nearly lost Angela "Khaleesi" Traveller this day as well. but with God as my witness, she is a strong one, and fantastic squad leader, and we wish her a quick recovery and to come back stronger than ever.

Am I fighting that war? If not, I volunteer :)

Arthea

Haha, yeah, roughly 19 hours. Can't complain.

really, it's good to know at least they can react in timely fashion if they want to.

oh and gratz on being back in business.

My question whether the Steam Controller could be purchased in China took 4 months to answer.

That has to be a new record! my last took 2 months, I think, but it was submitted during the sale, so I wasn't that surprised.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
really, it's good to know at least they can react in timely fashion if they want to.

oh and gratz on being back in business.

The annoying (but understandable) thing is that the fraud protection system automatically refunds the most recent five transactions, so I have to rebuy what I bought and some of the stuff may no longer be discounted. The big ones were the two MAGIX audio programs, though, and they're discounted until the 19th, so hopefully the money has returned to my account by then.

Downloading the Garden Warfare 2 beta. Sad to know there's no PC beta. The download would be way faster if I downloaded on Origin and not the shitty PSN download servers.

I wish there was a PC beta as well. Getting to play the original for free really hooked me and got me to purchase the game. I'm looking forward to seeing impressions from the beta thread at least.

dex3108

I guess they need few more months to unlock FPS on PC version like they needed for new NFS xD

So more games you own on Steam, better service you will get from Valve :D

Ludens

Banned
A tip: Spy class is really fun to play and I think it's a bit overpowered even with the default loadout.
Assault is more or less totally useless, in my opinion. I didn't try scout yet.

Uzzy

This week's comics bundle is pretty good, to be fair.

Also, I noticed that there's a 12 page special on SFV in this month's Edge magazine. Going to see if I can pick it up tomorrow, as Edge is nearly always great. Love the cover too.

Knurek

bbbut I'm not buying games I'm not gonna play right away anymore!
ok, ok, bought it
shouldn't you try to help me to stay true to my resolution, not the other way around

You know what, if the weekly Humble in 10 minutes doesn't have TitS SC, I'm buying the game. Screw discounts and my seething XSEED hate.

I remember I was so hyped when a bundle site had an anime/doujin bundle, but looking at my wishlist after the autumn and winter sale I noticed I have almost all those small anime/doujin games besides some newer ones by Playism and Sekai Project.

titch

I can almost guarantee the weekly bundle will contain the Deathspank games and DLC.

I bought the first on sale and panic bought the rest incase they got pulled

Arthea

The annoying (but understandable) thing is that the fraud protection system automatically refunds the most recent five transactions, so I have to rebuy what I bought and some of the stuff may no longer be discounted. The big ones were the two MAGIX audio programs, though, and they're discounted until the 19th, so hopefully the money has returned to my account by then.

look at that this way, it's only 5 transactions, what if they refunded all 100 or something?
but yeah, it sucks, lost discounts and all that, especially if rare discounts.

You know what, if the weekly Humble in 10 minutes doesn't have TitS SC, I'm buying the game. Screw discounts and my seething XSEED hate.

That's the spirit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom