• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Yo the power armor helmet kinda reminds me of

KaDArgo.jpg

battlefield_earth.jpg

To be fair Fallout 2 pre-dates both of those:

PC_Game_Fallout_2.jpg

Volimar

Regarding Dragon's Dogma:

I'm a bit overwhelmed when it comes to whether I should change vocations or not. I'm a strider right now. Is there any reason I shouldn't become a Ranger?

Also is there any way to get pawns to not repeat the same things you've heard dozens of times? Wolves hunt in packs, I get it.

Phinor

That's the thing. They don't have a .exe file. They can be made into desktop shortcuts by dragging them onto the desktop, but attempting to add those as non-steam games brings up a "Catastrophic Error" message. I was hoping someone came up with a workaround.

It really sounds like Windows 10 store is yet another winner. I'm sorry I can't be helpful but that sounds Microsoft has once again made some very anti-customer decisions.

I suppose all Windows 10 store content now has a limited lifespan? Maybe I should look into what exactly they are doing instead of going on a rant but...

Vamphuntr

I'm a bit overwhelmed when it comes to whether I should change vocations or not. I'm a strider right now. Is there any reason I shouldn't become a Ranger?

Also is there any way to get pawns to not repeat the same things you've heard dozens of times? Wolves hunt in packs, I get it.

You usually want to get all the augments from a class before switching. You can turn off pawns dialogue in the option screen.

Khronico

Ranger is basically pure archer, Strider is more balanced between ranged and melee combat. Vocations are almost purely personal preference, play whatever you find most fun.

IIRC you can completely disable pawn chatter in the options.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Saw today that Mega Man Legacy Collection was installed under the folder Suzy, anyone know the significance of that?

Best guess is it is just a left over naming system from Capcom development, as they tend to name things after enemies or characters. Suzy for example.

Usually they change it to something else though for PC releases.

yuraya

I think Dragon's Dogma is the first game that makes me feel like I'm in some LOTR movie. Having a giant cyclops ogre thing charging at you swinging its big club all over the place while you are shooting arrows at its face and backing down is really fun. The bow combat is legit great.

Playing Dragons Dogma really makes me want an open world DMC game. The RPG elements of DD are by far its worst parts

Yea I'm surprised Capcom doesn't make more open world stuff. DD is really good and shows they have the right ingredients to make something even more incredible.

gelf

That's the thing. They don't have a .exe file. They can be made into desktop shortcuts by dragging them onto the desktop, but attempting to add those as non-steam games brings up a "Catastrophic Error" message. I was hoping someone came up with a workaround.

It really sounds like Windows 10 store is yet another winner. I'm sorry I can't be helpful but that sounds Microsoft has once again made some very anti-customer decisions.

I suppose all Windows 10 store content now has a limited lifespan? Maybe I should look into what exactly they are doing instead of going on a rant but...

For possible solution to the lack of an exe file for Windows 10 apps. Could you create a shortcut for the app, then create a batch file that runs the shortcut and then use a Bat to Exe converter. Then you could link that resulting exe to Steam.

Edit: hmm just tried it myself, doesn't seem to work when I create the exe.
Edit 2: nevermind I screwed up, it does work!

Sarcasm

Do whatever you want and when you want. You can change back whenever you want. You get to keep the augments that you got too!

Voho

For possible solution to the lack of an exe file for Windows 10 apps. Could you create a shortcut for the app, then create a batch file that runs the shortcut and then use a Bat to Exe converter. Then you could link that resulting exe to Steam.

Edit: hmm just tried it myself, doesn't seem to work when I create the exe.
I was about to attempt the same, that stinks. I've also been trying to find the direct path to the .appx file (the exe equivalent MS uses) but no luck, they have the actual app package locked down tight. I was hoping MS would be releasing Steam versions of their PC titles like they did with Halo: Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike, but it seems they'll be Windows Store exclusive...

gelf

I was about to attempt the same, that stinks. I've also been trying to find the direct path to the .appx file (the exe equivalent MS uses) but no luck, they have the actual app package locked down tight. I was hoping MS would be releasing Steam versions of their PC titles like they did with Halo: Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike, but it seems they'll be Windows Store exclusive...

Forget that edit of mine, my next attempt did work. I just successfully added the Alarm app to Steam.

Kriken

hi guys!!

i'll start frequenting this thread more often now. Lashman said you guys are super nice here. :D

Been trying to play something, but nothing catches my interest lately. I think im just attached to playing RotTR later this month.

That.. and i want to check out The Division.

I did play some Dragons Dogma. Solid port.

He's a dirty liar, this place is filled with nothing but bullies

Welcome Brau, I should probably hang around the MGS community thread sometime

This is why Fallout 4 is a 5$ game, you guys.
We knew this after launch =p
F the noise.

I can't wait till the inevitable Fallout 4 GOTY/Legendary Edition comes out for a fiver. Game looks fun and I'm not burned out by the formula yet.
hi guys!!

i'll start frequenting this thread more often now. Lashman said you guys are super nice here. :D

Been trying to play something, but nothing catches my interest lately. I think im just attached to playing RotTR later this month.

lashman living up to his tag, haha. A true ambassador.
Welcome brau.

I think Dragon's Dogma is the first game that makes me feel like I'm in some LOTR movie. Having a giant cyclops ogre thing charging at you swinging its big club all over the place while you are shooting arrows at its face and backing down is really fun. The bow combat is legit great.

I'm playing mostly with the Bow now and it's hella fun.

Mainly because when I dual dagger shit I die relatively quickly.

hi guys!!

Welcome :)
I see that lashman is still the best :)

...and with Suits:

Vy56wya.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Paradise Island - VR MMO -- MB-BDC23329E8626466 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Kickstarter for the Consortium sequel

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-the-tower

$450,000 CAD goal with 32 days to go

Game release window is December 2017

https://youtu.be/CEh_Dy9hJAc
Still have to finish the first one. Stopped after 4hrs. Dialogue, world-building and immersion are very well done but janky animations and very low-fidelity visuals overall were too much. Rarely happens to me. They also should have given NPCs names. Would have been so much better than numbers, urgh.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I've been prattling on about how garbage Bethesda is for years. Interesting to see it as a more mainstream discussion now.

I don't think Bethesda is garbage but Fallout 4 certainly took a hit to their reputation if metacritic is any indication, maybe the new consoles made their jank slightly more unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom