• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that lets me basically buy what amounts to a 60 dollar game in Canada. What a deal! (It is when you consider it's 70 to 80 bucks otherwise)

haha I know how you feel. I bought Dogma for 25% off and then it went to my paypal and was like it is still going to cost you around $40!

rtcn63

I played Original Sin around launch- it's alright. Story isn't much, and the combat (at the time) seemed to heavily favor anything but straight melee. Magic was great because of AOE, but did little damage. Melee had horrible horrible horrible hit chance even when buffed, and the cooldown for skills was absurd.

Hi, everyone, new guy here! I have a question for you all:

After looking into 8086's assembly language at university, I have an urge to buy this TIS-100.

Have anyone played it? If so, is it good?
It's essentially takes SpaceChem's core concept and distills it to pure programming puzzles. It's great and really hard

Sch1sm

Subscribing to the thread; a lot of generosity here.

Mod Bot said:
You can permanently block any user by sending a PM to ModBot with the subject permablock. The body should be a list of usernames, one per line, that you wish to block. There is no undoing this. Do not give people the benefit of the doubt--if someone scams the system, permanently block them. It makes the community blacklist more valuable. If you stay silent, other people will be impacted too. If someone's scamming rises beyond the level of being an abusive ModBot user and to the level that you need a GAF moderator's help, please PM a moderator.

I'm just kidding.
Maybe. I dunno yet.

Be generous with us. Come for the games, stay for the camaraderie. Welcome to the thread. :)

Fallout 4 is boring.

Since Im an atheist I will thank myself for not buying the season pass.

It's like people expect something of Bethesda.

You can't even customise your characters voice. I was disappointed from the beginning. :c

strafer

Apparently I am late for my own birthday, but I have come to make up for that.
(To everyone who gave me birthday wishes earlier in the thread and elsewhere thank you)

bd84onb.png

Happy birthday Jaw! :)

Jawmuncher

Leftovers here

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jawmuncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Last days of spring -- MB-A360D2DF4C4DC797 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ #2 -- MB-DC930D542B619198 - Taken by goober. 1 entrants total.
Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi -- MB-3F89AC71C50489C2 - Taken by Kyougar. 5 entrants total.
dUpLicity -Beyond the Lies- -- MB-23C57382BDD8A564 - Taken by Jazz573. 1 entrants total.
faviconuvuwz.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series (TELLTALE DRM) -- MB-99A7A3F4D028AFA2 - Taken by Xanathus. 2 entrants total.
BANZAI PECAN: The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-D9CEFC80D1D9199F
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-688833F461CF6500 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-7CC486A752A45173 - Taken by NicoNizza. 1 entrants total.
Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris -- MB-300293C992D3A015 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 23 entrants total.
Just Cause Collection -- MB-FA1A2F19BF4620F8 - Taken by TheAutomator
Betrayer -- MB-02A17D654DACEE8F
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Square Enix DRM) -- MB-3A2B31A2C84B9DC7 - Taken by Intel. 2 entrants total.
Blue Rose -- MB-31A88457D5404794 - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
Life Is Strange - Episode 1 -- MB-1AA4B777F81DCA36 - Taken by Ozium. 2 entrants total.
X-note -- MB-4639EAC73626F19E - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
faviconuvuwz.png
Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale DRM) -- MB-00A9C7592640F48F - Taken by neoemonk. 2 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-1C09B78A72352118
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-C8FAF980F0E76A0C - Taken by Large Professor. 1 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-C8023831FA232F6D - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 1 entrants total.

t1452024172z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Not nearly as much as 4 tho.
haven't played enough fo4 to say, but at least the starting areas were a lot less compelling for sure

The best game on Steam just got a pretty sweet trailer:

SMITE Cinematic Trailer - 'To Hell & Back'

And an accurate depiction of how OP Bellona is.
pretty decent trailer if it weren't for the music

also she looks like a league character so i like her

league didn't get a cinematic trailer this year for some unknown reason :/

Star Wars Open World RPG Kickstarter lauches

I have decided to take matters into my own hands and write a story in the star wars universe that will fit inside a RPG video game. I am currently looking into talking with Disney if I am able to do this. If not then there might have to be a compromise on the name or some other parts. I need your help. I am not a very good programmer, and I'm an even worst artist. I want to put this project into the hands of professionals, but in order to do that I need money to hire them. This was my dream as a kid I hope you can share my same compassion, thank you.
I am not talking about a 1995/2005 game that could be created in a month or two. I am talking about a Star Wars RPG that will completely blow people away; like "Fallout 4", or "The Witcher 3" did. These RPG's set the benchmark of how the future of RPG's should look, and they are a good blueprint to go on. I want to make something that is like this in some respects, but goes even further. It will have the graphics of "Battlefront" or better with the feel of "The Witcher 3".
Also no promises, but the backers that give for the $60 reward will get the game a day or two before original release.
Risks and challenges

Copy rights, pleasing all star wars fans, hiring professionals

MUnited83

For you.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

pahamrick

Are the rules for GOTY voting changing at all so far as Early Access titles go?

I'm working out my top 10 list right now, and I've got a couple of games I'm deciding between that were either Early Access releases in 2014 and 'officially' launched in 2015, one that was an early access release in 2015 and will release 'officially' this year but I can't remember if the rules are changing from last year in regards to EA titles.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can't wait for Galaxy Battles RPG

Given the budget, it will be a $0.49 RPG Maker game that's bundled a dozen times in the first month after release.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I'm just kidding.
Maybe. I dunno yet.

Be generous with us. Come for the games, stay for the camaraderie. Welcome to the thread. :)
But I already put my keys in the giveaway thread by Tizoc =/. Will repost here (is that against the rules?), still 17 hours to go, some old but good keys.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 5 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1166003.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-CCECDCE510292288 - Taken by Polishin8r. 11 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-28268915FAA73DE2 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 80 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
GRID 2 -- MB-1BADBF8C5F22EE66 - Taken by Ichabod. 32 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-5BED1BC8B56BC004 - Taken by Pafnucy. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-A0CE9FD32E6A6BD2 - Taken by Endruen. 7 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-D45248D5401C2002 - Taken by Nudull. 14 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-DB6034248F6D4B58 - Taken by dorikyasu. 12 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-F785BDC00DEB13BE - Taken by Costa1774. 39 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-143D60E345D20D05 - Taken by Arjac. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-F3C6620AA42306CE - Taken by Nudull. 10 entrants total.

t1452089210z1.png

Bowlie

Banned
It's essentially takes SpaceChem's core concept and distills it to pure programming puzzles. It's great and really hard

let's see... the hardest thing I've done with assembly was a ceasar encryption/decryption tool. How does that fare against this game's puzzles? :p

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yeah, while I don't think I need to say this, don't back that Kickstarter. Outside of the copyright infringement, the guy doesn't seem to know how to handle such a project, probably isn't budgeting, and the goal is way too ambitions for a one-man team and that meager budget.

I chuckled at this comment.

10$ TIER: Letter from me thanking you for helping making this happen. Will be signed by the makers of the game. Same as above just fit for those with bigger pockets."]Letter from me thanking you for helping making this happen. Will be signed by the makers of the game. Same as above just fit for those with bigger pockets.

Bombad General 1 day ago
Glad to see a Kickstarter that finally cares about the Big and Tall community. I've received countless lithographs and thank you letters from various developers, but never one sized appropriately to the pockets of my larger pants. $10 tier FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom