• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I love how diverse these lists are. The results are going to be interesting.

I remember jshackles saying that the reason it is limited to 5 votes per ballot is because he would end up with games would only have a handful of points or points under 100.
Yet here we are with many of us voting for various games such that what jshackles wanted to avoid is likely going to happen :p

Sch1sm

Still have to finish Revelations 1 and play RE6 from the Capcom bundle.

Also, the amount of levels N++ has is insane.

Yeah, those were my exact thoughts as I was working my way through n++ just yesterday. Gonna just hope it doesn't turn into too many levels to the point I just fall off. As it stands, it makes the tail end of my GOTY list.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GOTY:
(5 Points) - Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (hands down!)
(4 Points) - The Witness
(3 Points) - Dead Rising 1
(2 Points) - FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster
(1 Point) - DOOM

speaking of FFX, did they patch in a way to use the japanese voices with english menus / subs yet?

Anteater

all these psychos joining my party

FgJ6Mhy.jpg
TbHdOIN.jpg

Parsnip

There have been too many cases of me thinking I would absolutely like a game only to find out later that I don't like it at all, or maybe just be disappointed in it, or maybe just not being top5 material, that I wouldn't feel right voting for something I didn't play myself. Not necessarily to completion though.
Just in 2016 I can say from the top of my head that if you had told me in January that neither Tomb Raider or Deus Ex made it on my top5 list or that Dark Souls 3 wouldn't be my number 1, I would have told you to shut up because I'll love those games, I just know it.
But that's just like a personal rule and I'm not going to chastise anyone for doing something else.

Tizoc

What am I missing here? @_@

Granted, Pictopix has a neat feature where, should your mouse have a wheel, clicking it will put a white hollow square. This is neither a White Box or Cross like in Paint it back for example and doesn't count as either of course.
Basically you use this 3rd box to assess whether the squares you've covered are the right ones and then either put a cross in them or fill them up.

While I COULD do this with the above puzzle, it'd mean I'd be doing trial and error and I'm not keen on doing such a thing where in PiB, I could 'mathematically' deduce which squares to fill up or not.

Kifimbo

Granted, Pictopix has a neat feature where, should your mouse have a wheel, clicking it will put a white hollow square. This is neither a White Box or Cross like in Paint it back for example and doesn't count as either of course.
Basically you use this 3rd box to assess whether the squares you've covered are the right ones and then either put a cross in them or fill them up.

While I COULD do this with the above puzzle, it'd mean I'd be doing trial and error and I'm not keen on doing such a thing where in PiB, I could 'mathematically' deduce which squares to fill up or not.

Vertical line 4-1-1-1-2, I think you can do something.

dex3108

Nice WD2 Patch

oday we’re releasing Title Update 1.09 for PC. Xbox One and PS4 received this patch last week.

Below are the fixes you can expect from this PC patch:

• [Performance] RAM Usage Optimization – This patch optimizes a system memory usage which improves the game’s performance on systems with low RAM amount.

• [Performance] Screenspace Reflections Optimization – This patch improves the overall performance of Screenspace Reflections and adds two new lower quality levels (Medium and High).

• San Francisco Fog – The algorithm of the San Francisco Fog (aka “Karl”) appearing is improved with this title update.

• Visual – The maximum value of the Pixel Density slider has been changed from 1.25 to 1.5 with this patch.

• Sound – We have added a Music Volume slider.

• Controller – Added support for the newer DualShock 4 controllers (ZCT2U models).

• YourBoySerge Nerf – This .50 Cal sniper rifle has been the subject of some debate in the community, and is considered to be overpowered in online play. In this patch, we’ve reduced the number of rounds in the magazine from 6 to 1, and we will continue to monitor and balance this beasty rifle.

• Fixed various minor issues with flickering.

• Fixed various minor issues with incorrect window modes behavior.

• Fixed various minor issues with the UI and text.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/447040/announcements/detail/276243441564858309

Regginator

Here's my GOTY list. A pretty easy one if I say so myself, seeing as how the only 2016 games I've played are Deus Ex MD, Pony Island (amazing atmosphere, crap gameplay), and Dragon's Dogma (great gameplay, crap almost everything else).

GOTY:
(5 Points) - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was my favourite game of last generation, and I think it suffices to say that Mankind Divided is mechanically better on nearly every aspect. Superior gameplay, superior level design, superior side quests, and an art style that rivals DXHR's brilliant aesthetics. Even though MD's cut-in-half main story and the unmemorable characters are the only (albeit big) downsides compared to Human Revolution's amazing counterparts, the overall package in MD is a tremendous Deus Ex experience. Also, fuck Square Enix.

I'm sure Dishonored 2 would be #1 or 2 if I had played it, but Arkane has forced me to wait it out until it's at least 50% off.

JustinBB7

So is Gabe doing these AMA's once a year now. Kinda feels like asking the mafia boss a favor on the day of his daughters wedding kinda deals.

Phox

Banned
So is Gabe doing these AMA's once a year now. Kinda feels like asking the mafia boss a favor on the day of his daughters wedding kinda deals.
I don't see why he is though. Its not like we have anything to ask him that hasn't already been asked.

Unless he takes requests :3

Here's my GOTY list. A pretty easy one if I say so myself, seeing as how the only 2016 games I've played are Deus Ex MD, Pony Island (amazing atmosphere, crap gameplay), and Dragon's Dogma (great gameplay, crap almost everything else).

I'm sure Dishonored 2 would be #1 or 2 if I had played it, but Arkane has forced me to wait it out until it's at least 50% off.

I'd intended on finishing Dishonored 2 before the GOTY voting finished, but like several other games I'd planned on playing already I didn't get around to it yet. I'd played some and think it could have taken the 5th spot on my ballot from Dragon's Dogma but I was only including games I'd finished.

I should really get back to playing Dishonored 2 after I beat Gears 4.

Monooboe

Seems like you need to start testing out things, like for example the horizontal 3 at the top, like if you place it in the first empy place from the left, you see that it doesn't work there if you consider the other things that would have to be there if it was placed there, so now you know that it can't be there.

r3n4ud

(5 Points) - Viking Squad
(4 Points) - Kingdom: New Lands
(3 Points) - Stardew Valley
(2 Points) - House of the Dying Sun
(1 Point) - Seasons After Fall

I think Viking Squad should win GOTY because I haven't had fun with a beat 'em up since Castle Crashers. I would go as far to say that this game is even better than Castle Crashers. The game has cool weapons, a great leveling system, and the artwork is fantastic. What's great is that the game is even better when my son joins in and helps wreck some baddies. It's just a darn fun game and a neat touch was that during this past Christmas, the game received an update with Christmas backgrounds and weapons. Super cool game.

EA:
(3 Points) - Astroneer
(2 Points) - Portal Knights
(1 Point) - Slime Rancher

I think Astroneer should win Early Access GOTY because the sense of exploration is just incredible. You're always wondering what is over that hill or what is in that cave! And travelling to other planets is an uncomfortable feeling, with the unfamiliarity of the surroundings and being so far away from home. This game oozes charm, has beautiful colours, and you just want your little astronaut to survive the hazards of his/her new home.

KainXVIII

speaking of FFX, did they patch in a way to use the japanese voices with english menus / subs yet?

Not by S-E though, all work made by Kaldaien
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=russian&id=683802394

Nice WD2 Patch

• Controller – Added support for the newer DualShock 4 controllers (ZCT2U models).

http://steamcommunity.com/games/447040/announcements/detail/276243441564858309
At last someone noticed us, poor new ds4 model users!

giphy.gif

Parsnip

Why wouldn't you use the hollow square? It's there for a reason and not really trial and error tool. It will help you visualize the squares rather than keep it all in your head.

I'm glad that with the recent patch the dev added a way to manually gray out completed numbers, it's a great quality of life improvement and doesn't count as a hint (unlike the automatic marking).

Tizoc

Why wouldn't you use the hollow square? It's there for a reason and not really trial and error tool. It will help you visualize the squares rather than keep it all in your head.

I'm glad that with the recent patch the dev added a way to manually gray out completed numbers, it's a great quality of life improvement and doesn't count as a hint (unlike the automatic marking).

Bad case of stubbornness ^^;

Gonna try the suggestions mentioned, thanks gang.

Shantom

GOTY:
(5 Points) - Steamworld Heist
(4 Points) - Pony Island
(3 Points) - Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
(2 Points) - XCOM 2
(1 Point) - Abzu

In a year where I bought XCOM 2, Civ 6, and Stellaris, it's Steamworld Heist that tops the strategy pile. The gameplay being on a 2D plane makes it feel fresh, the character classes and weapons are distinct, and the game is very polished.

DLC:
(3 Points) - Rocket League - Rumble mode
(2 Points) - Steamworld Heist - The Outsider
(1 Point) - Couldn't think of anything here so I went for Hyper Light Drifter's 60FPS update

Rumble mode is a lot of fun whether you're playing with experienced or new players. A great addition to my favourite game ever.

yuraya

Replayed Dark Souls not too long ago and am still kind of surprised how easy it was. Playing so much 2 and 3 after 1 made going back a breeze. The first is just real easy. The catacombs were like the only major problem area where I died a bunch of times. And even then it was just a select few areas of the Catacombs.

I think the speed of 3 just raises your skill level really high once you master the inns and outs of it all. The gameplay picks up so much and is so engaging compared to the first two games. Whatever From does next with that formula (whether its 4 or new ip) I hope they elevate the difficulty much much higher. Like push that shit to the extreme.

Knurek

I think the speed of 3 just raises your skill level really high once you master the inns and outs of it all. The gameplay picks up so much and is so engaging compared to the first two games. Whatever From does next with that formula (whether its 4 or new ip) I hope they elevate the difficulty much much higher. Like push that shit to the extreme.

From should just hire people from Konami's Bemani team.
Like seriously, can you imagine playing one of the DS boss fights, which requires doing things like this or this

Kaleinc

Banned
Replayed Dark Souls not too long ago and am still kind of surprised how easy it was. Playing so much 2 and 3 after 1 made going back a breeze. The first is just real easy. The catacombs were like the only major problem area where I died a bunch of times. And even then it was just a select few areas of the Catacombs.

You mean Dark Souls 2 vanilla or Scholar of the first gang bang?

Uzzy

Huh, I forgot/supressed that Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: First Assault Online came out in Early Access this year. Should have given some points to that.

Endruen

I want them doing an aztec soulslike.

There are not enough games featuring aztecs mythology.

I think the only one I recall using that mythology is Guacamelee. That being said, I'm not too fond of it, I personally prefer the Norse mythology.

yuraya

From should just hire people from Konami's Bemani team.
Like seriously, can you imagine playing one of the DS boss fights, which requires doing things like this or this

That second video lol.

Ok not that extreme.

You mean Dark Souls 2 vanilla or Scholar of the first gang bang?

Beat both. SotF several times. I will probably replay SotF again soon. I didn't think it was all that hard tbh. The DLC was tough.

I hope that Gabe gets the most vapid questions possible.

Today, I realized that Nier and Nioh are two different games. I kind of want the one we are not getting.

Endruen

Beat both. SotF several times. I will probably replay SotF again soon. I didn't think it was all that hard tbh. The DLC was tough.
I'm actually stuck in DS2 SotF, wherever I go I get killed in a couple of hits and it looks like I don't deal enough damage.
I'm level 77 and I recall that I couldn't beat the gargoyle from the Bell Tower Luna and getting my ass kicked on the Shaded Ruins. I think I was trying to advance through Huntsman's Cops without much luck.

Nabs

I Am The Hero is out now for $8.99. It looks like a neat beat 'em up.

✅ Co-op
✅ Online Co-op
✅ Controller Support
✅ Leaderboards
✅ Steam Cloud
✅ Trading Cards
✅ Cheese Mints

Checking off those boxes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just played about an hour and half of Power Hover (I cant imagine its very long) and its actually pretty cool, and not just because I got a free key from the gaffer. Fuck those boss levels tho ;_:

At least you dont need too high of a score to just pass them and move on but damn son :/ Also I had to switch to keyboard because my left sticm on my pad drifts a bit to the left which makes the game impossible. I actually feel that its probably better played with keys anyway.

I like it enough that im actually going for 3 stars on each level (except those boss levels, fuck that lol)

They should do something based on or inspired from Nihei stuff.
I want a game set in the Megastructure.

Based off of those images, definitely. Yes.

Just a large, kind of claustrophobic cyberpunkish Blade Runner lived-in but now in the midst of becoming ruins singular city-structure with random broken people who speak in haiku.

I need to check out that guy's work.

Rhaknar

Wasn't aware there was a 3D version. Apparently it was made for the DS then ported to Windows in 2014.

3 and 4 on steam are the DS versions. 5 and 6 are the mobile versions. 7 upward are the original versions, or close enough at least.

Strangely there is no 1 and 2, dunno why they dont just port the psp ones tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom