• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Early Access #4

LxRpC1C.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My personal #1 Early Access game, but after all the votes were tallied it got to #3:

is1oXUa.png

bbd23

I really should look into slime rancher. its been on my mind since the jim sterling video and I always hear good things about it.

jshackles

Early Access #2

6VV7VTX.png

jshackles

And finally, the number 1 pick for SteamGAF's Early Access Game of the Year 2016

4k1BsMS.png

jshackles

Your SteamGAF Early Access GOTY voting 2016

4k1BsMS.png

6VV7VTX.png

is1oXUa.png

LxRpC1C.png

9Sov2Vi.png

1 | Rimworld (34 Points / 2.62 APS)
2 | Divinity: Original Sin 2 (29 Points / 2.64 APS)
3 | Slime Rancher (24 Points / 2.18 APS)
4 | Factorio (19 Points / 2.11 APS)
5 | Subnautica (18 Points / 2.57 APS)
6 | Astroneer (14 Points / 2 APS)
7 | Raw Data (9 Points / 3 APS)
8 | CrossCode (8 Points / 2.67 APS)
9 | Besiege (7 Points / 2.33 APS)
9 | Grip (7 Points / 2.33 APS)
10 | The Long Dark (7 Points / 1.75 APS)
11 | Poi (6 Points / 3 APS)
11 | SPAZ 2 (6 Points / 3 APS)
12 | Everspace (6 Points / 2 APS)
12 | Ultimate General: Civil War (6 Points / 2 APS)
13 | Distance (5 Points / 2.5 APS)
13 | Golf With Your Friends (5 Points / 2.5 APS)
14 | ARK: Survival Evolved (4 Points / 2 APS)
14 | LEGO Worlds (4 Points / 2 APS)
14 | Secrets of Grindea (4 Points / 2 APS)
15 | 20XX (3 Points / 3 APS)
15 | Battle Brothers (3 Points / 3 APS)
15 | Battlerite (3 Points / 3 APS)
15 | Downward (3 Points / 3 APS)
15 | Empyrion (3 Points / 3 APS)
15 | Endless Space 2 (3 Points / 3 APS)
15 | Faeria (3 Points / 3 APS)
15 | Jalopy (3 Points / 3 APS)
15 | Onward (3 Points / 3 APS)
15 | Paladins (3 Points / 3 APS)
15 | Press X to Not Die (3 Points / 3 APS)
16 | Brawlhalla (3 Points / 1.5 APS)
16 | Crawl (3 Points / 1.5 APS)
17 | Torment: Tides of Numenera (3 Points / 1 APS)
18 | Amazing Frog (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | BeamNG.drive (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Day of Infamy (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Eternal Card Game (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Exanima (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Man O' War: Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Monsters and Monocles (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Next Car Game: Wreckfest (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Pocket Rumble (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Portal Knights (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Software, Inc. (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Space Pirate Trainer (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Stonehearth (2 Points / 2 APS)
18 | Universe Sandbox 2 (2 Points / 2 APS)
19 | Gang Beasts (1 Points / 1 APS)
19 | H1Z1: King of the Kill (1 Points / 1 APS)
19 | Project Nimbus (1 Points / 1 APS)
19 | Project Zomboid (1 Points / 1 APS)
19 | QuiVr (1 Points / 1 APS)
19 | Rogue System (1 Points / 1 APS)
19 | Scrap Mechanic (1 Points / 1 APS)
19 | Take on Mars (1 Points / 1 APS)
19 | The Forest (1 Points / 1 APS)
19 | We Happy Few (1 Points / 1 APS)
19 | Wishmere (1 Points / 1 APS)

jshackles

So in Slime rancher you just collect and sell right?

Collect, sell, upgrade, build, adventure, etc.

It's kinda like a 3D Harvest Moon type game, but with cute slimes.

Blood & Wine as the best DLC is a given. It could even compete in actual GOTY voting.

I don't see why Berseria couldn't have had better everything even on the base PS4. The game can't be that taxing. The game isn't a looker, so I don't know why they couldn't jazz things up a bit for that console. Makes me glad that this game is hitting PCs man.

I spent some time today using Kal's TSFIX and ReShade to see what I could come up with. I used HDR and Level on the ReShade side. The game also supports AO, but MXAO crushes performance.

It's hard to even find PS4 screenshots of this game. The artifacts in this are bad, but the colors are what I'm trying to show here.

(1080p comparison in the links.)

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/197442

This one is from a Caayn who posted up a pic in the console screenshot thread.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/197443

Don't know why they couldn't have spent a little bit of time doing that for consoles. I just couldn't stand the washed out colors in the demo. I had to do something. I've never used ReShade either so that took a little bit of time with multiple fix trying to use one d3d9.dll.

Totally forgot about reshade. I hated the washed out color of Berseria as well.

Yosh, PC it is for me then!

Oreoleo

wasn't it just 3 points for #1 for those games since you only were supposed to give 3 games for DLC or EA games?

Yeah I edited my post but I know I'm not the only one that voted for it. I mean it wouldnt matter cause it still wouldn't crack top 5 but it jumped out at me immediately.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
wasn't it just 3 points for #1 for those games since you only were supposed to give 3 games for DLC or EA games?

I voted for Paladins in Early Access. It was like my 2nd or even 3rd choice if it wasn't the first. So I mean... something is off with the counts, maybe?

jshackles

Yeah I edited my post but I know I'm not the only one that voted for it. I mean it wouldnt matter cause it still wouldn't crack top 5 but it jumped out at me immediately.

Yours was the only vote for that game I received

I voted for Paladins in Early Access. It was like my 2nd or even 3rd choice if it wasn't the first. So I mean... something is off with the counts, maybe?

I did not receive your vote via PM

Sarcasm

Well, that explains it. People were posting lists around here so I figured that was the method.

Whatever though.

Yeah don't be sad! Though maybe check out the person actually holding the collection.

I just started playing paladins kind of recently and I enjoy it. Nobody on my FL plays it though.

TheSeks

What is that simple performance/temp monitor people use? I'm completely blanking on it's name. The one that has a fire icon for overheating and all that.

Arulan

What is that simple performance/temp monitor people use? I'm completely blanking on it's name. The one that has a fire icon for overheating and all that.

I'm not sure what you're thinking of, but Afterburner is probably the best. Also, it comes with RivaTunerStatisticsServer, which is the best frame rate limiter ever.

jshackles

We'll be getting started with the GOTY reveal here in about 5 minutes

C4kha4x.gif

TheSeks

Speedfan?

Not it.

I'm not sure what you're thinking of, but Afterburner is probably the best. Also, it comes with RivaTunerStatisticsServer, which is the best frame rate limiter ever.

I have an old version that says 69C (maximum) for GPU temps. Apparently that's still way below what Nvidia considers overheating. So I'm not sure what is causing Rocket League (and other titles)'s internal V-sync implementation to frame-tear, but I guess I'll need to force the GPU to V-sync it. :/

jshackles

Let's get things started.

Xm2etjm.png

Is Toki Tori 2 worth playing? Always avoided it because of the art style but the description of learning to use the same abilities in new ways sounds interesting.

Edit: Terrible time to ask lol

Anno

Hey, I'll take #10 given the rough launch. I hope that people come around on the game and give it a chance in the end. It's pretty special.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
A fine #10, especially now that it got mission select and permadeath added.

Is Toki Tori 2 worth playing? Always avoided it because of the art style but the description of learning to use the same abilities in new ways sounds interesting.

Edit: Terrible time to ask lol

Very much so. All the abilities build up well together and give you some very satisfying puzzle platforming to figure out. It's one of my favourites on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom