• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against my better judgment, I bought every roman-numbered Final Fantasy on Steam. I have to admit seeing all those logo in one place is kinda nice, however...

LrkOj7i.jpg

I can tolerate IX being out of order, but Lightning Returns being way over there really bugs me.

I know that Steam doesn't have a title sort feature. Is there any unofficial way to do it? Like with some sort of an outside program or somesuch?

No surprise that all recent paradox releases enter into my list.

GOTY:
(5 Points) - Stellaris
(4 Points) - Stardew Valley
(3 Points) - Hearts of Iron 4
(2 Points) - Superhot
(1 Point) - Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Stellaris is Paradox's first entry into the Space 4X genre and my first real dive into the genre. I've reached a point in this game that I cannot say it is a ubermensch of games, but it is one I enjoy playing through thick n' thin.

DLC:
(3 Points) - EU4 Rights of Man
(2 Points) - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Blood and Wine
(1 Point) -

EU4 - Rights of Man, the latest EU4 dlc last time I checked what time it was, and the update that came along with it is the best EU4 DLC/Update since Art of War and in my opinion this year as well. Isolated mechanics from previous DLCs became meaningful in that they become integrated and valuable options the constant flow of war & diplomacy. In addition to the continuous development of vassal/client state interaction.

EA:
(3 Points) - Divinity: Original Sin 2
(2 Points) - Ultimate General
(1 Point) -

Divinity Original Sin 1 was great. The second one seems to be coming along well.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
My GOTY Votes are not interesting and exciting except for one:
5 points - HITMAN
4 Points - Civilization VI
3 Points - Deus Ex Mankind Divided
2 Points - Dark Souls III
1 Point - DARKEST DUNGEON

I wish Darkest Dungeon didn't go off the rails at the endgame. It is so great in terms of art and atmosphere, but GOD DAMN that endgrame grind is insane. I gave up shortly after realizing what was in store after I got destroyed the first time in the last dugeon. Just BRUTAL. Still an amazing game, but mannnnnn....

DLC (only played 2 this year):
Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
Pillars of Eternity: The White March
Both fantastic and should be played by everyone who like those games.

Lain

Shattered Dimensions still up and purchasable for me, so I guess there is still time to wait for the next sale?

Hikami

I bought a ton of games in the winter sale but have had to refund a couple due to issues with crashing and freezing and such.

Will Steam start thinking I'm abusing the system if I refund too many?

Wok

Will Steam start thinking I'm abusing the system if I refund too many?

Yes. You will have to wait for 2 hours before trading cards start dropping. And if "too many" is way too many, you will receive a warning, I think.

Shattered Dimensions still up and purchasable for me, so I guess there is still time to wait for the next sale?

I'm pretty surprised it's still up. You'd think it was covered by the same license as the other Spider-man games so I wonder why it's escaped the culling.

Odallus feels really good. I was waiting to play it because Oniken wasn't very polished, comparatively. Happy to say their dev chops have improved.

Arthea

As I jumped into a deep MMO hole, my GOTY list features only half of the year basically, but what you can do, at least it cured me of buying even more games.

header.jpg

GOTY:
(5 Points) - Stardew Valley
(4 Points) - ABZU
(3 Points) - I am Setsuna
(2 Points) - Solitairica
(1 Point) - Forge of Gods (RPG)

I think Stardew Valley should win GOTY because it's simply the best and it also is like rebirth of a half dead genre and on PC no less, remarkable for that alone but it also is genuinely a good game.

DLC:
not into dlcs

EA:
antiEA

Hikami

Yes. You will have to wait for 2 hours before trading cards start dropping. And if "too many" is way too many, you will receive a warning, I think.

Ah thanks, good to know.

By the way, I don't post here that often but I'd like to. Steam is pretty much becoming my primary gaming platform. I don't use my consoles that much outside of exclusives lately.
Would like an invite to the GAF group if possible.
edit: that was quick, thanks!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Not since that video of two guys in costumes slapping each other's asses went viral has my Spiderman fetish paid such dividends.

Nzyme32

My GOTY Votes are not interesting and exciting except for one:
5 points - HITMAN
4 Points - Civilization VI
3 Points - Deus Ex Mankind Divided
2 Points - Dark Souls III
1 Point - DARKEST DUNGEON

I wish Darkest Dungeon didn't go off the rails at the endgame. It is so great in terms of art and atmosphere, but GOD DAMN that endgrame grind is insane. I gave up shortly after realizing what was in store after I got destroyed the first time in the last dugeon. Just BRUTAL. Still an amazing game, but mannnnnn....

DLC (only played 2 this year):
Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
Pillars of Eternity: The White March
Both fantastic and should be played by everyone who like those games.

And this is why I hate Steam sometimes - too many great games, which means I forget games that are deserving of a top spot. I almost forgot Stellaris and corrected myself but forgot about Darkest Dungeon and Dragon's Dogma

Awwww come on i wanted the TMNT Platinum game :(

Yeah I was half in on TMNT and knew it could go this year (though I assumed it wouldn't since it was so new), but ultimately decided it wasn't worth my time or money. Now I kind of want it again, but I know it is pretty pointless as a game and a bit of a waste anyway. Now when Nier comes out - I won't be missing that Platinum game and there should be no license or Activision to get in the way :p

I'm hoping for Stardew Valley to make the top 10 here. Maybe tomorrow I'll post my top 5 with dhort explanation why I choose each one of them.

Wok

And this is why I hate Steam sometimes - too many great games, which means I forget games that are deserving of a top spot. I almost forgot Stellaris and corrected myself but forgot about Darkest Dungeon and Dragon's Dogma

Yeah, me too: I forgot to vote for Poi for the EAOTY (Early Access of the Year).

Nabs

Tuesday, Tuesday, Steam goes down on Tuesday.

yo bus we need to finish this Steam-Bop CD. That refund song could be a classic.

The other TMNT game, Out of the Shadows was also killed off. That one is still available on Humble for $14.99.

Had a look around and I can't find any cheap deals on the others outside of a few particularly dodgy looking resellers on already dodgy key selling sites. I'm not far enough down the rabbit hole to pay full retail, yet.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Tuesday, Tuesday, Steam goes down on Tuesday.

yo bus we need to finish this Steam-Bop CD. That refund song could be a classic.

Oohh we could finally record Hackers in (MW3) Paris and Too Late For A Refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom