• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prey? Cryostasis?

Thank god I have them both =/

well most licensed games are bad and the single biggest category of game removals is license expirations

The Movies

Also, Duke Nukem 3D was removed from Steam for a while, too.

Are you saying Mafia is bad

header.jpg

😢

250px-Coast_2_Coast.jpg

EDIT: Fuck!

Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast is not a bad game. Good day, sir.

EDIT: ^ What those 2 say.

EDIT 2: Also Blur:

blur-1.jpg

Sorry, I was only half-joking :p But yeah, I don't really miss any removed games honestly.

I do own Outrun, Cryostasis, Prey, Mafia and Blur though, and while I think they're decent games I wouldn't really miss them if I didn't buy them beforehand. Never played them since they were removed either.

Grief.exe

Fast and Furious Showdown also gone.

Can still buy it at Amazon at 75% off

The other TMNT game, Out of the Shadows was also killed off. That one is still available on Humble for $14.99.

Had a look around and I can't find any cheap deals on the others outside of a few particularly dodgy looking resellers on already dodgy key selling sites. I'm not far enough down the rabbit hole to pay full retail, yet.

I just can't guys.

Not going to go down with the ship on this one for some garbage games.

got Ori and The Blind Forest: Definitive Edition with the voucher since it was about to expire...

Me: There's no way they can make the game even more depressing after that opening

~plays through the new areas and sees that story play out~

Me: I was wrong...even more depressing

Lomax

The only thing stupider than the systems used for licensing IP for digital content are the copyright laws themselves.

zkylon

zkylewd
He's not wrong though. All the faces look really bad.
i disagree with "really bad" and i really disagree with "horrifying art"

the art in the game is fine, it won't win any awards but come the fuck on

this is bad vn art:
ss_ce68c568c8023071bd9fa56e626ccbb892be7707.1920x1080.jpg

this is ok vn art:
ss_a2b9d4d24d7255d2df5f28f801a4323f2043f971.1920x1080.jpg

let's not be crazy here

I got the tits straight out of the box though. And tits are M-cool now anyway. Genitalia is all the rage now.
can't argue with that logic lol

AHA-Lambda

Aren't there (crazy) people that attest that the art in Higurashi is just fine though? :p
In fact somehow the new art is worse than the old? >_>

Valxal

Oo thanks!

Directly editing like that seems scary, but it should be fine as long as I make a backup of the original appinfo.vdf, yar?

Yeah you should be fine, although reading through the comments people say the changes revert during updates or just at random. Maybe the guide isn't worth the trouble after all?

Might as well post mine.

GOTY:
(5 Points) - Guilty Gear Xrd: -Revelator-
(4 Points) - DOOM (2016)
(3 Points) - VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
(2 Points) - Aragami
(1 Point) - Shadowverse (CCG)

I think Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator deserves to win Game of the year because it marks kind of a turning point for fighting games on Steam that aren't made by Capcom. Arcsys managed to get a fighting game out in the same year as the console versions. Not to mention the game is just amazing, with probably the best tutorial I have ever seen in a fighting game which expansive enough to teach the very very basic to even specific character match ups. The game is quite a looker and will get higher resolution support coming soon (Although you can do that easily with external programs.) The netcode is also ace that can easily played across multiple countries much better than another certain high profile game that came out in 2016. I know I am a bit bias when it comes to fighting games but, this without a doubt cements that it is no better time to play fighting games on PC.

Early Access GOTY
(3 Points) - CrossCode
(2 Points) - Pocket Rumble
(1 Point) - Project Nimbus

CrossCode is a game that nails the whole not MMO but, a game pretending to be a MMO right and it's much larger in scale than it looks. It's still got some ways to go but there is already a good amount of content in the game. I don't think there are too many other games that do this as well as it does in terms of Early Access.

Lomax

CrossCode is a game that nails the whole not MMO but, a game pretending to be a MMO right and it's much larger in scale than it looks. It's still got some ways to go but there is already a good amount of content in the game. I don't think there are too many other games that do this as well as it does in terms of Early Access.

So I read this and thought it sounded neat, so I googled it and went to the Steam page... "CrossCode is already in your Steam library." A library of games indeed. Thanks for the write up, gonna give it a try.

zkylon

zkylewd
just peeked at the screenshots of the top 5 best rated visual novels on steam (dangarompa was there twice so i grabbed the sixth also):

nekopara 2:
well drawn characters, backgrounds look boring but i think people play this for lolis and tits so i don't think anyone cares. ui is utilitarian at best

dangarompa 1:
looks pretty cool even if to my untrained eye seems to have stolen all of its style from persona. the pictures with 3d in it look like a fucking trainwreck tho. i like the design in this one, but clearly budget wasn't there for proper 3d art

va-11 hall-a:
easily the best looking of them all, top tier pixelart (those characters are HUGE!) even if half the screen is covered by black ui

steins;gate:
interesting texture artstyle but the drawings themselves sometimes look really bad like fat guy over there, and the ui is really really ugly. i like the backgrounds and the main menu

clannad:
looks like grotesque 90s anime bullshit. as far as i can tell from these pictures there's no mod to make it look like not shit like higurashi

bonus - higurashi:
even with the remake mode or whatever you can't save those photoshop filter backgrounds from being awful to look at, and while characters stop looking terrible they're just upgraded to generic anime style which isn't very inspiring

ladykiller in a bind:
character designs and faces are kind of boring in comparison to the more outlandish games like dangarompa but the background art is great, the ui design is very elegant and it just doesn't look like fucking garbage like clannad

so in fewer words
All VN art is terrible.

zkylon

zkylewd
i just think the people throwing the phrase "horrifying art" need context

also that was my fill of visual novels for this year, yuck

Tellaerin

i just think the people throwing the phrase "horrifying art" need context

also that was my fill of visual novels for this year, yuck

Ladykiller In A Bind's artstyle reminds me of 80's-era manga. That's not a bad thing IMO, and it's well-executed from a technical perspective. Some people may not like that particular style, but it's a far cry from "horrifying".

So, after beating Ys I and coming close to having a mental break defeating Dark Fact, I'm at a dilemma. What game should I play next?

Ys II
Tales of Symphonia
Trails in the Sky
Final Fantasy IV

EDIT: Oops, I thought this was the steam OT. Didn't even know GAF had a hentai OT. I have to say it is cleverly disguised. Now I know what "Time to get GAMEPUMPED" means.

Speaking of anime, why is there no Tales of Berseria in the highlighted games of January? For shame.

Does anyone here anticipating it? It's the best Tales since Vesperia according to the importers.

JCG

So, after beating Ys I and coming close to having a mental break defeating Dark Fact, I'm at a dilemma. What game should I play next?

Ys II
Tales of Symphonia
Trails in the Sky
Final Fantasy IV.

My heart says Final Fantasy IV, because I'm a total fanboy for that, but my brain says either Trails in the Sky or maybe even Tales are likely to be more satisfying choices in this day and age. Do continue to play Ys II later though!

zkylon

zkylewd
Ladykiller In A Bind's artstyle reminds me of 80's-era manga. That's not a bad thing IMO, and it's well-executed from a technical perspective. Some people may not like that particular style, but it's a far cry from "horrifying".

is all i'm sayin'

Eila

Ys II
Tales of Symphonia
Trails in the Sky
Final Fantasy IV

EDIT: Oops, I thought this was the steam OT. Didn't even know GAF had a hentai OT. I have to say it is cleverly disguised. Now I know what "Time to get GAMEPUMPED" means.

Drop all you got and grab Huniepop 👌 but be very sure to get the uncensor patch 👌👌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom