• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainXVIII

Same with Ni No Kuni demo for me
invoker-laugh.gif

Then we're even, i guess

NwiSkgz.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tht SE / Marvel joint has so much potentcil. Peeps been asking for triple A Marvel games for awhile, welp, Crystal Dynamixs and Eidos could definately pull it off.

Mankind Divided's been out for 5 months and is at 560k Steam owners, it's not terrible

Plus last year was crazy for games, there was something coming out every week. I expect MD to hit a million copies this year

Ascheroth

Based Namco showing how it's done. Looking forward to Ni no Kuni.
Man, 2017 is stacked with Japanese stuff.

Now waiting for Humble Overwhelmingly Negative special bundle.
I'm still hoping we get World of Final Fantasy on PC! Or Dragon Quest Builders! Either of those I'd like a lot more to play on PC.
I need World of Final Fantasy in my veins.

I would do things for a official SMT: Soul Hacker/Nocturne port to Steam

It's the only JRPG that I can play and not feel like I'm contributing to awful loli bullshit

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats this ni no kumi announcement I missed?

the sequel or the first one? both? o_O

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Tales of Berseria
Ni No Kuni 2
Atelier Sophie
Nights of Azure
Nier Automata
Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Tokyo Xanadu
Atelier Firis
Disgaea 2

What other JRPGs am I missing that are coming to Steam or came out already this year? Overall seems pretty healthy and we are most likely to see more Neptunia games unless we already got everything already on Steam and maybe Akiba's Beat.

EDIT: I made it in the Q&A. Im famous now!
clock-eyebrow.gif

EDITED IN THE MENTIONED GAMES :p

I feel like the SMT series is a JRPG game in a WRPG setting and no one else has ever noticed except the fans of SMT.

Maybe not even a JRPG game in a WRPG setting, but an anime based anti JRPG game

:shrug:

kulapik

This month's Twitch Prime game is Heavy Bullets, pretty nice, was quite interested on it when it came out.

And yes, you have to download a Twitch Launcher, but deal with it, it's not annoying at all.

Tales of Berseria
Ni No Kuni 2
Atelier Sophie
Nights of Azure
Nier Automata

What other JRPGs am I missing that are coming to Steam or came out already this year? Overall seems pretty healthy and we are most likely to see more Neptunia games unless we already got everything already on Steam and maybe Akiba's Beat.
Disgaea 2

Ascheroth

Tales of Berseria
Ni No Kuni 2
Atelier Sophie
Nights of Azure
Nier Automata

clock-eyebrow.gif

Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Tokyo Xanadu
Atelier Firis

and NISA has a couple of games announced, though I don't think they're all JRPGs

congratulations for becoming famous :p

Tales of Berseria
Ni No Kuni 2
Atelier Sophie
Nights of Azure
Nier Automata

clock-eyebrow.gif
Trails 3 and Tokyo Xanadu.

Durante

JRPG gameplay is not all about combat (dungeons, exploring, crafting, sidequests, pokemon training etc), you know. But i still take NNK combat over what we get in Zestiria/Berseria/Symponia.
For what it's worth, I'm not a massive fan of Tales' combat, but even the battle system in Zestiria was far more continuously entertaining than the one in the first NNK.

Rhaknar

At least yours is pending. I haven't even gotten any refund notice yet :(

I just googled pending refunds and found this gem from the paypal forums:

"Everyone,

If the status of your refund is "Pending," this means that the seller did not have the funds actively on hand and a bank transfer has been initiated to capture the funds and send them to you. Assuming the seller is in the US, this process usually takes three to five business days, barring any unexpected banking delays. During this period, PayPal does not have control of the funds and is still waiting for them from the bank.

Hope this helps,

Adrian"

Bowling is broke y'all :3

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
For what it's worth, I'm not a massive fan of Tales' combat, but even the battle system in Zestiria was far more continuously entertaining than the one in the first NNK.

Durante with the good opinions as usual.

NNK's combat system (at least in the first game, no idea about 2). was simplistic. You simply found as powerful of a monster as you could, leveled it up and then (later in the game) evolved it. If you were losing you either pokemon'd your way into better monsters by leveling up more or finding monsters with better stats and moves.

OR more likely you looked online, found out where the most broken monsters were, got those and then spent the game ignoring combat as much as possible. The Catastrosarus or whatever it was sure was nice in that regard.

Ascheroth

Just started Fata Morgana, what are the controls?

I can't open any sort of menu functions to save or look at logs?

Move the mouse cursor into the lower right corner. Looking at logs is usually just scrolling up with the mouse wheel, and right-clicking generally hides the textbox until you click again in VNs.

Rhaknar

yes. In fact it was a big deal when they announced it... in their heads obviously, nobody actually cared about Duke in Bulletstorm.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Bullstorm's re-release will feature Duke Nukem
Was this known?
header.jpg

Yes. They specifically mentioned it as part of the re-release. I knew it anyhow, and I don't have any special connections or inside info so I assumed everyone knew.

Salsa

Mass Effect gameplay trailer + this new cinematic trailer = the same fuckin game again hype is now dead under ground I mean god damn

Durante

Durante with the good opinions as usual.

NNK's combat system (at least in the first game, no idea about 2). was simplistic. You simply found as powerful of a monster as you could, leveled it up and then (later in the game) evolved it. If you were losing you either pokemon'd your way into better monsters by leveling up more or finding monsters with better stats and moves.

OR more likely you looked online, found out where the most broken monsters were, got those and then spent the game ignoring combat as much as possible. The Catastrosarus or whatever it was sure was nice in that regard.
Exactly.

Say what you will about Zestiria, the harder battles absolutely did reward player skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom