• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

My only real knowledge of the first game was the nice artstyle, that people felt there was way too much combat and that excellent Taking to the Skies song which I randomly have on my phone. Guess I'll have to look into it some more.

Man Namco been going all in on pc. About the only thing missing now are some anime games like Sword Art Online. We've come a long way in 3 years. Where Japanese games you had to pray for.

Gimme Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and the real Pac-Man Arrangement - no, not the PSP one in Pac-Man Museum - and I won't be asking anything more of Namco.

Kudo

First one had one of the worst combat systems imo, but NnK2 looks a lot better so I'm looking forward to it now, especially when I can grab it for cheap.
I have a feeling Bamcos current PC streak had lot to do with this decision, some people in the thread say it uses UE4 so not an hard port and doubt Sony is paying for any of it so makes sense for them to port it. Honestly looking at NnK 1 that had DS version too wouldn't surprise me if this would come to Switch too later in the future.
And if it does, it just shows how incompetent the people are at those events who give these games the labels.

giphy.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
pls port Kamen Rider BattRide War Genesis to PC pls bamco and I will love you so that I will start buying your rider toys

More PC games is always good. But i honestly have no idea what is Ni No Kuni. lol

Jade Cocoon but crappier. People only play it for "muh Ghibli animation" to which I say "just go watch Ghibli films".

Hell just go play Jade Cocoon, it has one of the Ghibli artists responsible for character design and it's not a shitty game!

Tizoc

pls port Kamen Rider BattRide War Genesis to PC pls bamco and I will love you so that I will start buying your rider toys

Jade Cocoon but crappier. People only play it for "muh Ghibli animation" to which I say "just go watch Ghibli films".

Hell just go play Jade Cocoon, it has one of the Ghibli artists responsible for character design and it's not a shitty game!

I like it cuz of its charm. Some jRPGs, I don't necessarily play them for the gameplay :p

Shantom

I'm a big JRPG and Ghibli fan but Ace Combat is the more exciting announcement today. Hopefully it's nothing like Assault Horizon

Tizoc

I'm a big JRPG and Ghibli fan but Ace Combat is the more exciting announcement today. Hopefully it's nothing like Assault Horizon

Everything leads to it obv. not being like Assault Horizon.
Though I did enjoy flying over UAE in AH :p

Lain

Simultaneous worldwide release.
Bamco on top of it more than some other publishers when it comes to releasing games on both PC and consoles at the same time.

Man Namco been going all in on pc. About the only thing missing now are some anime games like Sword Art Online. We've come a long way in 3 years. Where Japanese games you had to pray for.

You heard him Bamco, give us SAO and the Digimon games on PC! (plus some remasters of the .hack// games~)

Tizoc

Where is Yakuza 0, Sega?

Can't believe Bandai is stepping up to the plate more than Sega

We need ninja man
Ninjas to infiltrate SEGA EU Headquarters and raid their databases
Only then will we know what secrets SEGA US and JP are forcing them to keep behind closed doors.

That or a steamdb leak.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Do you say that about Ghibli movies too? ;)
I don't mind their cartoony look but man
You reminded me of this fantastic world map theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZLnplV-blY

BTW have you played the NDS game? Heard it was better and it has a progressing fan translation in the works.

Personally it's one of the lesser looking Ghibli artstyle. I hate it as much as Ponyo.

Then again I consider Laputa the best Ghibli film in many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom