• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

2 day Payday 2 bundle, lol

$45 for a digital movie and tickets for the sequel, fucking lol

I was expecting nothing and came disappointed nonetheless. At least it's Payday 2 for a dollar.

Disgaea 2 preorder has gone up. 10% off, 15% off a dual pack (Disgaea 1+2)

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/495280/

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing all of these isometric RPG's makes me feel like I should give the Baldur's Gate series another go. I have a few GAF threads with RTwP tips so that I don't get slaughtered, but it's kind of intimidating. Planescape Torment is less so, but still a little bit hardcore too, that first area has just so much to interact with.

Maybe I'd be better off going back to the Shadowrun Returns series, still need to play those as well.

EDIT: Oh, I always thought Rocketbirds was some online 2D multiplayer game. I didn't know it was a campaign with co-op. Sweet, I already have the first one.

I am happy to provide any assistance needed in getting folks to play the wonderous game that is Planescape: Torment. The writing in there remains unequaled to this day. Thankfully that game specifically has a lot of combat that you can ignore, talk your way out of, or just blast through.

The Baldur's Gate series is much less forgiving about that and has a LOT more combat in it. I'd recommend new players either read up on the 2nd Ed D&D systems at work in order to be successful in BG1, or better to just skip it entirely and go straight to BG2.
BG2 at least has more forgiveness room in the combat (turn the sliders down to easy especially if you don't like the combat). Full-rules 2nd Ed D&D is NOT for the faint of heart. Your character can be obliterated quite easily and quickly if you aren't careful or a string of bad criticals come your way.

kulapik

aren't payday 2 developers a bunch of scumbags anyway?

they said multiple times there would never be microtransactions

and now the game is full of them

They said they never would be game altering microtransactions. And well, there were, but after the backlash they removed the extra stats from the items. So it's fine, I guess?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I bet they were trying to convince the dev to allow the second tier pricing to be based on BTA for the two days between Tuesday and Thursday

iiicon

This is a great bundle because it reminded me to watch John Wick, which is available on Canadian Netflix. That's this evening sorted, thanks Humble!

KarmaCow

aren't payday 2 developers a bunch of scumbags anyway?

they said multiple times there would never be microtransactions
and now the game is full of them

http://www.pcgamer.com/payday-2-gets-microtransactions-despite-devs-saying-it-wouldnt/

They walked back those microtransactions after all the backlash and have been more open with the community since then. The game still has problems for sure (performance issues for me) but it's in a different state than it was a year ago.

Cels

They said they never would be game altering microtransactions. And well, there were, but after the backlash they removed the extra stats from the items. So it's fine, I guess?

actually i was wrong, they added microtransactions in ~Oct 2015 with the introduction of drills that you had to buy to open safes and announced their removal in ~May 2016, where new safes that dropped after the June 2016 update do not require drills to open but the old safes still do, out of fairness to the people who had bought drills for the old safes.

seems that's probably about as good a solution they could have had

Vuze

Cool, gonna be picking up the $1 tier for my brother and me. Always wanted to check out Payday 2.

E: Oh well, can't even pick up a second bundle as gift. Thanks for nothing HB

Does anyone actually give more money than the minimum required for the tier anymore?

Top Contributors
1 Baba Yaga $45.00
2 Alan is the Best $45.00
3 Anonymous $45.00
4 Fujiisama $45.00
5 Anonymous $45.00
6 Snake $45.00
7 Anonymous $45.00
8 Anonymous $45.00
9 Anonymous $45.00
10 Anonymous $45.00

Looks like nobody pays more.

Tall4Life

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tall4Life, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Homeworld Remastered Collection -- MB-CA319599D1130C81 - Taken by MaxiLive. 40 entrants total.
Victor Vran -- MB-377E18E871CC48AC - Taken by Loptous. 7 entrants total.

t1485470483z1.png

Hektor

John Wick was pretty cool, couldn't care less about the rest tho, so i'll pass (especially at that price)

Will back the moment Paypal will be available.

Looks like "alternative facts" are becoming the in thing now. :p

Seriously, though, sounds like I'm the only one here who's enthusiastic about this. I like the MCU and I like the devs they've signed for this project. Hoping for some top shelf stuff to come from it. *shrug*

I'm enthusiastic about the games too, assuming they'll be Arkham quality. I just don't like the MCU because it's too formulaic in style and presentation save for a few exceptions.

AHA-Lambda

$45 (an extra $20) for movie tickets and an old movie? =/

It's not available in my region either but I can't say I'm going to lose sleep over such an amazing offer either >_>

EDIT: the movie tickets are a limited offer?
So you're just going to pay $20 for John Wick 1? Come on man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom