• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any rumblings of when GTA5 will be purchasable?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh boy, I just offered him 15 keys. I suck at this.

Haha, keys are basically $2 coins and the game is ~$15.85 in Brazil.

Nope, but I'd guess soon. R* said pre-orders would go up the day after the announcement, and in fact the R* pre-order page links to the game's Steam page, but I think the Summer Sale got in the way of those plans.

Maddocks

This sale has ruined me. Not money wise. game wise. Damn you skyrim on pc. Once you install the mods you never look back. Don't know how I'm going to play console games now.

Pachimari

Aww, he wants 13 keys for SAW. That amounts to around 78 real, while the game is 15 real.

I think I'm gonna skip that one.

Indignate

Oh you guys <3

Thank YOU for your kindness and warm welcome. But please don't call me "god" or "santa" :p I'm not a better "giver" than anyone in the steam threads, you're all amazing each one of you!

You mean the movie The Giver is based on a book based on your life?

Sajjaja

Yeah, when Red Ded Redemption comes on Steam
669FED6680C51E95D093DCAEED5CFBA536D1AF51

zkylon

zkylewd
Nothing overly difficult. The game is very fair where there aren't any cheap deaths.
cool

i'm comically bad at platformers so glad to know it will be manageable

Shovel Knight looks so good. ;_; I'd get it in a heartbeat if it wasn't 15 dollars. Plus, I wouldn't be able to choose between the 3DS version and the Steam version. Both seem to have their benefits.
yea like i invited a friend over to help me with some coding stuff and we ended up wasting half the day playing this thing

it just captures perfectly the beauty of its kind, truly a work of love

The_Monk

Gave me a scare to be honest, felt as if I was on the verge of the heart attack for some 8 hours (only the first 4-6 hours were related to caffeine, after that it was all anxiety, or so the doctor told me), thankfully it was nothing that time, medical drugs and sleep didn't solve.

In any event, I'll be staying away from coffee unless absolutely needed, and even then I'll keep it at a minimum, at least for the time being.

I hope such thing does not happen again to you. Anxiety can be really uncomfortable. Let me know if I can help.

---

Also, do any of you read Reviews from Steam users? I still have a long way to go to make them better and more detailed with a better English vocabulary.

I just remembered this because I got a second comment on my review of Mafia II where they both said they enjoyed reading the Side curiosities I wrote in the end, so, yay!

zkylon

zkylewd
Also, do any of you read Reviews from Steam users? I still have a long way to go to make them better and more detailed with a better English vocabulary.

I just remembered this because I got a second comment on my review of Mafia II where they both said they enjoyed reading the Side curiosities I wrote in the end, so, yay!
not unless they're short and i happen to cross into them in like steam's wall thingie

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Sale went by so quickly, but I got a lot of good stuff, so I'm happy.

Was playing realMYST masterpiece and was like 10 hours in and into my 3rd age when I realized I should have gotten some of these steam achievements.

Look around the steam community boards for the game and come to find out they aren't yet live? on steam. Funny that they are all shown up already but can't be accessed I guess until the next patch.

Was wondering why under global almost all of them were at 0% lol

Guess I'll wait to continue playing it again :)

Ah, that would explain that. I'm also in the middle of realMyst Masterpiece edition.

Mokoi

Banned
Really digging Transistor, combining Bounce with Switch & making the enemies duke it out is fun.

I bought, but have yet to play it. How is the soundtrack? I heard it's really good.

---

Also holy shit the jehovah witness are on fire today! Had three hit me up today.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Welcome to all the new people and those who joined us from the Steam Sales thread. Feel free to ask questions, write up reviews or thoughts on games, or otherwise have fun with things. We be a friendly place.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/248310/
Freedom Planet now has a page on steam!
Releasing in Mid July, I'll be doing the OT with Shadowhog.
If you're looking for a platformer with a 16-bit Genesis/MD look don't sleep out on this!

That is exactly what I'm always looking for. Thanks for sharing. Looks like good fun of a platformer and I prefer this style over the NES or PS1 influenced ones any day.

The Metal Gear Rising specs are such bullshit that it's funny. I didn't even have the minimum specs fulfilled(everything but the processor is good) but I still have everything on High/Max with a steady 60fps.

Pachimari

15? I think you mean 35. ;)
35 yeah.

I think that BLOPS deal on GMG made me freak out. I better go to sleep.

Btw, which is the better mouse for gaming, the SteelSeries Sensei or Rival and why?

I'm gonna head out for a wired mouse when I wake up.

Jawmuncher

Ahhh dammit. Was thinking about that M&M thing and not i'm locked out of the community market until July 7th. Oh well at least it was after the summer sale.

Ozium

I played a little bit of Super House of Dead Ninjas today (Thank you KenOD) and man that game is great.. really fast and rewarding... you were right about pressing down lol

fun stuff

The Metal Gear Rising specs are such bullshit that it's funny. I didn't even have the minimum specs fulfilled(everything but the processor is good) but I still have everything on High/Max with a steady 60fps.

It came out on 360/ps3 so I can't imagine they are that demanding.

Yeah I seriously doubt the game needs an i5 processor and a 450

Yes I do! I find that if I'm uncertain about whether I want a game or not, a well written review can really go a long way towards swaying my opinion one way or another.

Oh you guys <3

Thank YOU for your kindness and warm welcome. But please don't call me "god" or "santa" :p I'm not a better "giver" than anyone in the steam threads, you're all amazing each one of you!

Stump really needs to give you a user title after that spectacular feat of giving in the sale thread.

You have already earned your place among the generous, as far as I'm concerned.

It's like those "who's the greatest MC of all time" debates -- "who's the most generous to steamGAF", you ask?

Well now nbnt needs to be considered among the titans known as Sub Zero, Dupy, and Rhaknar (sorry if I forgot any of the other giants).

Jawmuncher

35 yeah.

I think that BLOPS deal on GMG made me freak out. I better go to sleep.

Btw, which is the better mouse for gaming, the SteelSeries Sensei or Rival and why?

I'm gonna head out for a wired mouse when I wake up.

Would like to know this as well as keyboard.
I'm using some 10 dollar Mouse and 10 dollar keyboard right now.

Jawmuncher

Stump really needs to give you a user title after that spectacular feat of giving in the sale thread.

You have already earned your place among the generous, as far as I'm concerned.

It's like those "who's the greatest MC of all time" debates -- "who's the most generous to steamGAF", you ask?

Well now nbnt needs to be considered among the titans known as Sub Zero, Dupy, and Rhaknar (sorry if I forgot any of the other giants).

Dusk Golem is a part of the elite.
He got a tag as well from all his gifting.

Can I just chime in yet again and say that the geographical designations that we use in the US are dumb and need to be redone? The mid-west being in the middle of America is just silly. I know that we started using those terms for a reason, but it just sounds silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom