• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

Wow, was that from a giveaway or just an "out of the blue' Gift?

Out of the blue. That & 10+mb/s download =

iwoCKqjfsIWKS.gif

Strider

Now that I'm part of the steam group and filled up my friends list it's interesting browsing the members and seeing all the different games being played. My friends list before was nothing but Dota 2.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Well now nbnt needs to be considered among the titans known as Sub Zero, Dupy, and Rhaknar (sorry if I forgot any of the other giants).

Oh, so they are the Titans we need two of for that giveaway. Now do we have to kidnap them until we get the game or just harness their brains as GPUs to run the game?

Miker

I started Guacamelee last night with my girlfriend, and I really appreciate how the co-op bubble mechanic works. If there's a tough platforming section coming up, she can turn into a bubble while I do the platforming, then I just pop the bubble when I'm done and she can participate in the fights. That said, I'm going to finish it in single player because the platforming challenges are taking (way) too many tries and too much time, and I refuse to skip a room with an item until I've gotten it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Let's light the fires and spintires

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spintires -- MB-02C1EAE6B2BACFA7 - Taken by Junko

t1404189634z1.png

Turfster

Guys.
Guys.
Larian are SteamGAFfers, confirmed.
I just ran into... someone I address as sir shell.

I actually idle in the SteamGAF chat everyday. Seems like a different crowd of people than the ones that post here though. Still a pretty cool group of chatters though.

Yeah, I'm not in the Steam GAF group.
I can't keep track of multiple places at once!

Oh, so they are the Titans we need two of for that giveaway. Now do we have to kidnap them until we get the game or just harness their brains as GPUs to run the game?

I've got dibs on Sub Zero. Besides being a brother of the ice and snow, all the cold will help me keep my rig operating at maximum speeds.

Yrael

Oh you guys <3

Thank YOU for your kindness and warm welcome. But please don't call me "god" or "santa" :p I'm not a better "giver" than anyone in the steam threads, you're all amazing each one of you!

The generosity of everyone here blows me away. :)

(I wish I'd given out even more in the sale, but my wallet was becoming dangerously empty, haha!)

linko9

Just got an email from steam support (noreply@steampowered.com), subject line "Steam account - Forgotten password" with a code to put in to reset my password... but I didn't request anything like that. What does this mean and do I need to do anything?

I'm having some issues with Kingdoms of Amalur; after playing the game for a little while, the frame goes to shit. It start to lag, stutter and the audio becomes choppy. Does anyone have this game and experience this? Thanks

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The only Titan thing about me is my penis

That's not true at all :(

Also nice Spintires giveaway, I'm not entering because I am officially self-blacklisting myself from all giveaways

dot

People being obsessed with Saoirse makes me feel like I can toss out my super-non exaggerated and non fake obsession with Leda pretty soon.

Don't do it. If you do i'm just gonna have to post about Ariana again.

Just got an email from steam support (noreply@steampowered.com), subject line "Steam account - Forgotten password" with a code to put in to reset my password... but I didn't request anything like that. What does this mean and do I need to do anything?

1386645667739.jpg

I think someone tried to access your account.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Either:

- Someone knows the e-mail address tied to your account, or (more likely)
- Someone used a key you've registered to send the e-mail (if you can't remember your account name, you can instead use a CD key to send the e-mail)

Unless your e-mail account password is weak/similar to your Steam one, there's no need to worry.

CHANGE EVERYTHING

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

You should probably change your password.

Caerith

I'm having some issues with Kingdoms of Amalur; after playing the game for a little while, the frame goes to shit. It start to lag, stutter and the audio becomes choppy. Does anyone have this game and experience this? Thanks

I have the game, but I never had any performance issues with it. How long has it been since you rebooted and do you have a lot of stuff open that might be hogging memory?

The only Titan thing about me is my penis

That's not true at all :(

Also nice Spintires giveaway, I'm not entering because I am officially self-blacklisting myself from all giveaways

That's probably a good idea. Whatever disease afflicts you with this unending generosity seems to taking over -- so even if you won, you'd be compelled to give it away afterwards, I bet.

The_Monk

I have no idea what Spintires is.

I'm not proud to admit that I've seen quite a few streams of people playing this game. It's strange but I love to watch those, it can be quite a challenge and your truck can get stuck in the mud most of the times. Patience is key for this game. Yet, I found it very relaxing.

I'm not proud to admit that I've seen quite a few streams of people playing this game. It's strange but I love to watch those, it can be quite a challenge and your truck can get stuck in the mud most of the times. Patience is key for this game. Yet, I found it very relaxing.
It's funny how simulating something relatively mundane can be relaxing, when the real thing would be irritating or boring.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Stump really needs to give you a user title after that spectacular feat of giving in the sale thread.

You have already earned your place among the generous, as far as I'm concerned.

It's like those "who's the greatest MC of all time" debates -- "who's the most generous to steamGAF", you ask?

Well now nbnt needs to be considered among the titans known as Sub Zero, Dupy, and Rhaknar (sorry if I forgot any of the other giants).
Thank you, kind sir. :) But no, really, I don't deserve that. Those guys have been giving a lot for a long time. My giveaways were far, far fewer and I probably won't do another big giveaway until I actually get a job. :p

Also, terribly sorry if it's not the right place, but I just wanted to say a few words.

I wanna thank everyone for all the love during the summer sale, all the kind words and the gifts.. You guys made my last week a very happy one with all your kindness.

As for those who were wondering about me, sorry I didn't reply to you in the previous threads, I don't "work for Valve" :p and I'm certainly not a rich guy. As to "why".. well, like all the amazingly generous people here, I just like giving out stuff, it makes me happy to see others happy. And GAF.. GAF has been a part of my life since 2008, literally. I laughed with GAF, cried with GAF, watched my favorite show with GAF (LOST, btw). But I wasn't part of GAF until last year, when I finally was able to register. So I just wanted to give something back.

Thank you all for such a wonderful ride.
ModBot said:
Instructions for nbnt:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shovel Knight -- MB-F633CA353CEEACC5 - Taken by Oublieux. 52 entrants total.

t1404180521z1.png

Tizoc

Thank you, kind sir. :) But no, really, I don't deserve that. Those guys have been giving a lot for a long time. My giveaways were far, far fewer and I probably won't do another big giveaway until I actually get a job. :p

Also, terribly sorry if it's not the right place, but I just wanted to say a few words.

I wanna thank everyone for all the love during the summer sale, all the kind words and the gifts.. You guys made my last week a very happy one with all your kindness.

As for those who were wondering about me, sorry I didn't reply to you in the previous threads, I don't "work for Valve" :p and I'm certainly not a rich guy. As to "why".. well, like all the amazingly generous people here, I just like giving out stuff, it makes happy to see others happy. And GAF.. GAF has been a part of my life since 2008, literally. I laughed with GAF, cried with GAF, watched my favorite show with GAF (LOST, btw). But I wasn't part of GAF until last year, when I finally was able to register. So I just wanted to give something back.

Thank you all for such a wonderful ride.
Aw yiss! Just as I was about to leave work for home =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom