• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddocks

Just got an email from steam support (noreply@steampowered.com), subject line "Steam account - Forgotten password" with a code to put in to reset my password... but I didn't request anything like that. What does this mean and do I need to do anything?

Don't do anything with it and ignore it. I got that email once 15 times in an hour because someone was trying to access my account to get at my tf2 metal.

Mono

Can I just chime in yet again and say that the geographical designations that we use in the US are dumb and need to be redone? The mid-west being in the middle of America is just silly. I know that we started using those terms for a reason, but it just sounds silly.

I just got the the US and thought people were joking about the region names. Coast doesn't even seem to mean coast, come on guys!

It's like a good Bad Rats. It's just going to start spreading between people (already is on Reddit and Escapist), but it actually has a strange quality to it.
My test results for Bad Rats continue to come back negative, so thankfully I don't quite know how that goes.

The music choice in the trailer was pretty hilarious, I thought. It seems like a labor of love for something I don't quite understand.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thank you, kind sir. :) But no, really, I don't deserve that. Those guys have been giving a lot for a long time. My giveaways were far, far fewer and I probably won't do another big giveaway until I actually get a job. :p

Also, terribly sorry if it's not the right place, but I just wanted to say a few words.

I wanna thank everyone for all the love during the summer sale, all the kind words and the gifts.. You guys made my last week a very happy one with all your kindness.

As for those who were wondering about me, sorry I didn't reply to you in the previous threads, I don't "work for Valve" :p and I'm certainly not a rich guy. As to "why".. well, like all the amazingly generous people here, I just like giving out stuff, it makes happy to see others happy. And GAF.. GAF has been a part of my life since 2008, literally. I laughed with GAF, cried with GAF, watched my favorite show with GAF (LOST, btw). But I wasn't part of GAF until last year, when I finally was able to register. So I just wanted to give something back.

Thank you all for such a wonderful ride.

Tis absolutely the right place for such thoughts and comments. I second your thoughts on giving away games, and feeling like part of a community where we help each other out and share some joy.

Welcome, have fun, and try to guess which poster is secretly a polar bear.

All the Divinity: OS posts in here and in my friends feed are making it so hard not to have that game, my only summer sale regret, I'm gonna look for a trader and get it next time I'm paid, it just looks too damn good.

Also, do you guys who own feel that it's worth the $40 it cost now from what you've played so far?

Dambrosi

Banned
http://store.steampowered.com/app/248310/
Freedom Planet now has a page on steam!
Releasing in Mid July, I'll be doing the OT with Shadowhog.
If you're looking for a platformer with a 16-bit Genesis/MD look don't sleep out on this!
The Great GyroSonic Sisters for PC? Is Rainbow Arts publishing it? :p

I mean, look at it -- that's blatant. it's also awesomesauce. Looking forward to this.

Oh, yeah - is £6.66 for Metro Last Light Complete a good deal? I kinda still wanna find a cheap Astebreed floating around, but this will do instead :p

It's like a good Bad Rats. It's just going to start spreading between people (already is on Reddit and Escapist), but it actually has a strange quality to it.

That dynamic mud deformation mechanic is an amazingly clever thing to add. I think it revolutionizes what would otherwise be a very rote simulation game.

All the Divinity: OS posts in here and in my friends feed are making it so hard not to have that game, my only summer sale regret, I'm gonna look for a trader and get it next time I'm paid, it just looks too damn good.

Also, do you guys who own feel that it's worth the $40 it cost now from what you've played so far?

I've spent six hours wandering around the first town, and I've enjoyed every second of it.

It is too damn good.

Accoun

I started Guacamelee last night with my girlfriend, and I really appreciate how the co-op bubble mechanic works. If there's a tough platforming section coming up, she can turn into a bubble while I do the platforming, then I just pop the bubble when I'm done and she can participate in the fights.

True. I was playing with my cousin and it was kinda too chaotic trying to do some platforming sections at once and too boring to to wait when doing it one person after another. The bubble was a really good answer to that.

Can I just chime in yet again and say that the geographical designations that we use in the US are dumb and need to be redone? The mid-west being in the middle of America is just silly. I know that we started using those terms for a reason, but it just sounds silly.

Say whatever you want, but Midwest 4 Life... Yo.

Didn't want this to get lost in the steam sales thread.

Valiant Hearts was really great. Looked great, fantastic soundtrack, and story filled with copious amounts of "feels". Huge thanks to Ryne for the giveaway.

Metal Gear Rising is everything I wanted and more.

Also I have a pretty lame PC (Intel E5200, Radeon 5670, 3 GB RAM) and it runs buttery smooth. So optimized, very impressive.

I started Guacamelee last night with my girlfriend, and I really appreciate how the co-op bubble mechanic works. If there's a tough platforming section coming up, she can turn into a bubble while I do the platforming, then I just pop the bubble when I'm done and she can participate in the fights. That said, I'm going to finish it in single player because the platforming challenges are taking (way) too many tries and too much time, and I refuse to skip a room with an item until I've gotten it.

That's a pretty cool idea actually. It can be frustrating when you can get ahead of your partner and have to wait for them to accomplish the same you did sometimes.

The new GL bundle from groupees has some... strange games. Normally I am interested in at least one game in those bundles but this time somehow every game looks lackluster.

Sober

Having never played a Resident Evil game before in my life, RE4 is an eye-opening experience. Granted I've played the Dead Space games before so I'm not entirely lost but RE4 really is something else.

Pachimari

Alright, have decided I'll buy a SteelSeries Rival mouse and finally get going with that TF2 and CS:GO as well. And after hauling 160 games from the Steam sales, all I play is COD4 but oh boy am I satisfied.

Thinking about getting a monitor and Dual Shock 3 as well. Gave away my PS3 and can't for the life of me get my Dual Shock 4 controllers to work, but I'm fine with a Dual Shock 3.

I also realize after this sales period that I really don't need all of these gaming platforms, so I'm selling off my PlayStation Vita, hopefully it won't be a mistake.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
has anyone played crystal catacombs?

looks frigging cool, greenlight here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211648956

website here:

http://levelsorlives.com/

Been quite some time since I played it, but I recall having quite a big of fun with it albeit with some points of frustration as it was far to easy to jump or accidentally walk into an enemy and the jumping was floating at times in a way that I felt took away control I needed. The randomly generated dungeons were a nice touch, though the early version I played did sometimes result in levels far too difficult to get through because it was almost all wall jumps.

Demo is a very good indication of what it's like in most aspects and I say it's very worth having on Steam.

That dynamic mud deformation mechanic is an amazingly clever thing to add. I think it revolutionizes what would otherwise be a very rote simulation game.

Aye, it's a smart design. I was really just speaking to the "it's not a game a lot of people would get themselves, but it will be something a lot of people give to others" aspect however.

Though that is speaking about the game before some mods come out, and who knows what fans can do to a game like that? Multiplayer mod for demolition derby in the mud? Saoirse Ronan themed race tracks? Who knows what could be done that might change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom