• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Stump knows what's up. Still one of my favorite PC games.

You could take a shortcut and then press 0 to reset your car, you would end up near finish line, something like that. I won it fair the first time, but everytime I replayed it I just used the shortcut, because this race was really damn hard.

They patched the race in Mafia 1 to have a difficulty selector at the start, which (optionally) makes it way easier.

Quite a few.
Are you thinking of Eador?

King's Bounty is probably what you're thinking of.

King's Bounty: Armoured Princess is the most notable version of the game, but there's also a viking-themed one as well as an Early Access one that has you playing the bad guys.

Age of Wonders 3?

you're going to have to be a bit more specific than that as there are a few other series that fall into this category

eg

King's Bounty: The Legend

Age of Wonders, Eador or King's Bounty? There's also Etherlords made by the developers of HoMM5.

Edit: so late.

Age of Wonders 3?

Wow, lots of suggestions in the genre to check out but the game I saw earlier was Eador. Thanks GAF

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nvm Turf as right, Dark is terrible lol :p

its basically old school trial and error stealth where 1 mistake and you have everyone on your ass which means youre probably dead since special moves like the instant teleport kill not only need a finite resource but have a cooldown.

so basically you trial and error your way into the perfect run, or you fail and restart the room. rage.

Still gonna finish it tho :p

PS: to be fair im beaing a complete jackass and trying to kill every enemy, because it gives you xp to unlock further perks, I could have probably passed this room like 5 times already if I wasnt trying to kill everyone

The hour draws near.

arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-the-barbarian-movie-image-21.jpg

Dayum, that game's on the top of my wishlist! Congrats~

It's almost worth the blacklisting to enter, take the Strider key even though I already own it, and just let it rot in my inventory. :p

Almost.

Such strong feelings toward a video game.

I like crysis 2.

I liked Crysis 2 better than Crysis.

It's top tier Toei, for what that's worth. The translation is dog shit tho.
Whoever did that should feel bad.

After you pointed this out, I think I noticed more than I would have that the subs weren't following what they were saying. The first episode was pretty good.

That's OK, neither did Crytek.

Crysis 2 isn't bad in a vacuum, but it's disappointing as a follow up to Crysis 1.

I agree, it's a very solid FPS, Crysis 3 on the other hand was a real letdown imo.

I'm in full medieval fantasy mode, finally started watching Game of Thrones, reading The Witcher novels and replaying FF9 on my Vita after all these years. I'm having so much fun with these 3 things.
GoT definitely lives up to all the hype.

Not sure why I'm saying this stuff in this thread lol.

Turfster

eZNacLq.gif

After you pointed this out, I think I noticed more than I would have that the subs weren't following what they were saying. The first episode was pretty good.

Well, it's one of the many hats I wear for work, so I notice these things. ;)
Also, the translations were not only bad, they were also just not correct grammatically.
I think the winner is the line "Cat can talk."

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-DDD8A5B8046AB443
Thomas Was Alone #3 -- MB-A58E709FB13B6013
Thomas Was Alone #2 -- MB-CE5D748159733A8A

one last time ;) help poor Thomas out, goddammit :p

I used the stealth power in the last three chapter of crysis 2 just to put that campaign out of its misery. Skipped almost everything and breezed right through the game.

It sure looked pretty, though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's like comparing GTA III to Crazy Taxi

Well except that it's two Simpsons games. Tapped Out is worse than The Simpsons Movie game. Bart's Nightmare is better than Bart vs. the Space Mutants. I think Road Rage is a much rougher around the edges game than Hit and Run.

iosefe

Well except that it's two Simpsons games. Tapped Out is worse than The Simpsons Movie game. Bart's Nightmare is better than Bart vs. the Space Mutants. I think Road Rage is a much rougher around the edges game than Hit and Run.
That exact point was brought up by Grief as what you meant. As I said earlier I was only think based on what they parody
Oh, we're talking about Hit and Run?

I loved that game. A shame we never got another Simpsons game like it.

Dr Dogg

I still think the figure with the Max Payne 3 Collectors Edition is the best likeness of a plastic Homer Simpson yet.

Might and Magic Legacy X finally goes on sale.

Wasn't it -75% off and subsequently a lot cheaper on Macgamestore a couple of weeks ago? It's SteamPlay so a Mac copy that gives a Steam key gives you the Windows version too (Blops being the silly exception).

~Kinggi~

Banned
Those Might and Magic games, are they all fairly good? I dont have any of them. I am very tempted by the 25$ pack. You get Might and Magic X deluxe in it also. Crazy deal.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Wasn't it -75% off and subsequently a lot cheaper on Macgamestore a couple of weeks ago? It's SteamPlay so a Mac copy that gives a Steam key gives you the Windows version too (Blops being the silly exception).

It was but if you didnt have mac apps there was difficulty retrieving the steam keys so i never bothered with it.

derExperte

Don't know about Clash of Heroes

What am I reading? Duuuude. Duuuuuuuuuude, it's the crown jewel in there, play it. And that pack is a must buy for everyone who doesn't own the majority of the games. I don't think we need to talk about how awesome Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is again for example.

its basically old school trial and error stealth where 1 mistake and you have everyone on your ass which means youre probably dead since special moves like the instant teleport kill not only need a finite resource but have a cooldown.

so basically you trial and error your way into the perfect run, or you fail and restart the room. rage.

I read you can brute force your way through on the lowest difficulty so I'll select that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those Might and Magic games, are they all fairly good? I dont have any of them. I am very tempted by the 25$ pack. You get Might and Magic X deluxe in it also. Crazy deal.

Call me cynical, but at some point I expect Ubi do forget that a Steam version of M&MVI exists.

I mean, it's not like I started a thread on Ubi's own forums following strict instruction...

...oh, wait.

Tizoc

Everyone get might and magic clash of heroes it is one of the most fun and adicting games ive played last gen.

wilflare

Is the Might and Magic Franchise Pack much cheaper in RU?

---

Papers Please is giving me a weird vibe
Rogue Legacy and Risk of Rain are depressing

#weirdgamer

Dr Dogg

It was but if you didnt have mac apps there was difficulty retrieving the steam keys so i never bothered with it.

Yeah they're a bit wierd in their delivery methods sometimes as they deal in so many different key types that they have their own installer, direct links to the App Store (which is a bit weird as I got CoH cheaper through them than directly through Aspyr or Apple) or via email or online account redemption.

Call me cynical, but at some point I expect Ubi do forget that a Steam version of M&MVI exists.

I mean, it's not like I started a thread on Ubi's own forums following strict instruction...

...oh, wait.

Yeah it's not like Rayman 2 (or is it 3?) is just kicking it's heels in the Indy Warehouse section of Steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I read you can brute force your way through on the lowest difficulty so I'll select that.

after i cool down ill try the level again playing it as an actual stealth game (as in try to get to my objective instead of trying to kill all 30 guards in the room)

Turfster

What am I reading? Duuuude. Duuuuuuuuuude, it's the crown jewel in there, play it. And that pack is a must buy for everyone who doesn't own the majority of the games. I don't think we need to talk about how awesome Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is again for example.

I can't have played ALL the games =p

Wow, lots of suggestions in the genre to check out but the game I saw earlier was Eador. Thanks GAF

if you do end up checking out king's bounty, more specifically king's bounty AP don't buy AP as there's 0 reason to. Buy crossworlds instead as it has the vanilla AP campaign and the "remixed" campaign options

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The only logical conclusion is that Ubisoft only hires people who are terrible at their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom