• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, do you like games? Do you? Well, then here are three games you should try. One of those is a reverse rhythm and shoot 'em up hybrid, the other one is a great 2D platformer with a retro art style (reminds me of Commodore 64), and the last one is one of the best games I've ever played (and I played it for the first time last year, so I know it holds up perfectly well).

I'm not gonna say which is which, so it's up to you to do the research and enter for the one you want (or for all three, since this is a free for all). Of course, it's always nice not to be greedy and give your fellow GAFfers a chance, so please don't enter if you are only thinking of reselling the game or trading it for Rage.

Anyway, enjoy the games. They are all great in my opinion, and I hope you like them too!

By the way, this is my first time giving away a Steam gift through ModBot. If I screw something up, feel free to insult me via PM and I'll send you the gift the normal way.

Thank you for Deus Ex :)

Hey Guys,

Help me pick the next game I complete on my backlog:

Here are my Choices:

Bastion
BattleBlock Theater
Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Castle Crashers
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director'c Cut
Dishonored
Draw a Stickman: EPIC
Dust: Ab Elysian Tail
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners
Fieldrunners 2
Frozen Synapse
Galcon Fusion
Galcon Legends
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Half Minute Hero
Ittle Dew
Mark of the Ninja
Metal Slug 3
South Park Stick of Truth
Portal 2
Risk of Rain
Sang Froid
Skulls of the Shogun
SpaceChem
Sword & Sworcery
Thomas was Alone
Tomb Raider
VVVVVV
Witcher 2
Withcer
Wizardry 8

HELP

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I really like the new changes to my loot, where it no longer shows all of the games you've given away and just shows the number in total. Though one small change I would suggest, if possible, would be having ModBot tell you who gave away the games you won.

Hey Guys,

Here are my Choices:

HELP

Bastion's only like 5 or 6 hours, play it first. Or maybe VVVVVV since it's relatively short.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I must say, I don't like giveaway craze that seems to have steamgaf in its grip lately. People thinking that they have to give away games, or give away better games, or complaining about bundle giveaways, or complaining about not being noticed, or about rules, or wanting better status or popularity.
Modbot is nice feature and if community is happy with it and where things are moving, I'll be the last person to complain, but I don't have to like it and I don't.
Giving away games one likes and wants to give or don't want for themselves is one matter, doing it for status and praise, is another matter entirely.
I'm not in for any drama, so, it's not to start discussion yet again, I just decided, I'll speak my mind one last time on this issue and be done with it.
someone has to (><)

I think if they feel like giving away games let them be. People are getting games they want and so far it seems the ones giving games are not in any sort of problems right now. If the people who get games behind modbot feel like giving thanks on gaf to the gaffers that is their prerogative but I think they are mostly doing it to show they are grateful to the person and showing how kind that person is and the people on modbot are mostly getting good deals on great games for most of the part. So far there seems to be no harm except the ones complaining that are not getting gifts and that hasnt happened for some good amount of pages. The giveaways wont delete bad reputations simply cause someone is giving away games and if their posting habits is toxic that wont stop them from getting banned or put on ignored list by gamers so in the end I dont think much of it. Its mostly nice gestures from people who can at the moment afford to do the gestures.

I think this post shows how broken my english is. LOL

hitmon

Hey Guys,

Here are my Choices:

Bastion
BattleBlock Theater
Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Castle Crashers
Dishonored
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners
Fieldrunners 2
Frozen Synapse
Galcon Fusion
Galcon Legends
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Half Minute Hero
Ittle Dew
Mark of the Ninja
Metal Slug 3
Portal 2
Risk of Rain
Sang Froid
Skulls of the Shogun
SpaceChem
Sword & Sworcery
Thomas was Alone
Tomb Raider
VVVVVV
Witcher 2
Withcer
Wizardry 8

HELP

I say go with Dishonored, game isn't too long.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yes!

Edit: too cryptic, post expressing enthusiasm about vvvvvv recommendations

Oh my god at Fearless Fantasy's art style.
ss_a5e748299b1d302601fbed0d99e3b3f8673a2bff.1920x1080.jpg
I'm sorry FF, I can't contain my fear ;-;

Chariot

Ittle Dew since it looks cute and i've heard it's really short.
Can sign that. I think I needed 3 hours and only because I was to dumb to coordinate the final fight for an hour. Was fun, even if the humor tries sometimes a bit too hard to be tongue in cheek.

Salsa

Wait, you work in movies?

well

yes, but not a lot of work in youreaguy. You mostly end up on TV / commercial work

the only other "BIG" thing I worked on in terms of stuff you guys might have seen was an ad for The Old Republic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS5H6CxmROg

filming in Uruguay is cheap so when they do they ussually hire local crews / unit directors etc

fun fact: there was an EA guy on the shoot and he was an asshole

it was fun to sorta confirm that first hand

edit: oh, I was there for the Forza 4 one too, but smaller role: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uc1n4ng9Nk

xxOuij4.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wait a minute

I also met and technically worked with Colin Farrel

who also starred in The Way Back

which also stars... scorsese romulan

I guess what im saying is

do you guys wanna touch me

jazzpunk gift will grant you all five fingers on an arm or shoulder

I like how you skip over the fact that Farrel is Irish, you fucking racist.
:p

Hey Guys,

Here are my Choices:

Bastion
BattleBlock Theater
Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Castle Crashers
Dishonored
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners
Fieldrunners 2
Frozen Synapse
Galcon Fusion
Galcon Legends
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Half Minute Hero
Ittle Dew
Mark of the Ninja
Metal Slug 3
Portal 2
Risk of Rain
Sang Froid
Skulls of the Shogun
SpaceChem
Sword & Sworcery
Thomas was Alone
Tomb Raider
VVVVVV
Witcher 2
Withcer
Wizardry 8

HELP

i'd say guacamelee or vvvvvv

both not too long games and very enjoyable

Dr.Acula

Banned
Hey Guys,

Here are my Choices:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Portal 2

Just started Deus Ex and it is amazing.

Guacamelee was one of my GotY for sure, you should play it with a controller and no vsync.

South Park was hilarious. If you're a fan of the show it's a must play. You can bang it out pretty quick as there are no real challenging areas or places to get stuck.

Portal 2 you could get through in a weekend for sure, one of the GotY for most people. A must play. I'd probably start with that. Co-op is fun too.

Hey Guys,

Here are my Choices:

Bastion
BattleBlock Theater
Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Castle Crashers
Dishonored
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners
Fieldrunners 2
Frozen Synapse
Galcon Fusion
Galcon Legends
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Half Minute Hero
Ittle Dew
Mark of the Ninja
Metal Slug 3
Portal 2
Risk of Rain
Sang Froid
Skulls of the Shogun
SpaceChem
Sword & Sworcery
Thomas was Alone
Tomb Raider
VVVVVV
Witcher 2
Withcer
Wizardry 8

HELP

go pick up Cool Spot for the Sega Genesis and play that.

I always kinda chuckle when I see great games like Limbo and Bastion go un-taken not because nobody wants them, but because everyone already has them. :lol

I feel like I've reposted them a few times as well.

Thanks for the giveaway! Sadly, the code for Bastion was used.

Oh damn, sorry about that.

wait a minute

I also met and technically worked with Colin Farrel

who also starred in The Way Back

which also stars... scorsese romulan

I guess what im saying is

do you guys wanna touch me

jazzpunk gift will grant you all five fingers on an arm or shoulder

humblebrag?

Dr Dogg

I tried Dust to no avail.

Huh? I wonder why. Might be due to restrictions I put on the giveaway or being an old locked thread. I'm on my phone at the mo but I'll have a look-see when I get back in. Well at least it's not going anywhere in the meantime ;)

Just started Deus Ex and it is amazing.

Guacamelee was one of my GotY for sure, you should play it with a controller and no vsync.

South Park was hilarious. If you're a fan of the show it's a must play. You can bang it out pretty quick as there are no real challenging areas or places to get stuck.

Portal 2 you could get through in a weekend for sure, one of the GotY for most people. A must play. I'd probably start with that. Co-op is fun too.

Deus Ex was probably my favourite game of this decade thus far (2010-2019), really enjoyed the setting and atmosphere, and the hacking minigame was always engaging I felt.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I've got some keys left over from giveaways. This is the only one that isn't a worthless Desura key, since no one wants those, so grab it if you want. And yes, I'm already eligible for megagiver status so I'm not doing this to be eligible for that giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Naval Warfare -- MB-12F915A3890C48CC

Hey Guys,

Here are my Choices:

Bastion
Dishonored
Mark of the Ninja
Witcher 2

HELP

Any of these I'd recommend, though deus ex and witcher 2 are quite long games they should hold your attention without getting distracted about your other backlog you need to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom