• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oooh Claire is out

calling the Bear, Bear where you at

Hugstable

Banned
I almost paid 5 times that price for Blade Symphony alone, only it being multi only game stopped me. You decide yourself is it worth.
We need to play some of Blade Symphony now, when everybody will have it.

Actually, lately they had good bundles left and right. Not awesome or anything, but at least one good game in most bundles.

Yes. One of the better bundles in awhile from them.

Cool thanks, bundle bought!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna hook the thread here without reading anything else, just saying that I'M UP, I've always been up, and I'll always be for some GAF L4D2 extravaganza.
So... can we agree on a date and time? I suck at the game, but I'd love to laugh along with my fellow SteamGAFfers while playing it.

If my sister frees the PC early enough, I would be able to do it tonight.

yGray

Banned
The basic badge looks nice, and the common background goes for around $.65, so it's not too big of a loss.

I think I'll just keep it. I didn't really spend money on the cards. I sold other cards to get them. I'm not really into this stuff but I think for Shovel Knight I'll make an exception

UncleBiz

I really dig it
f-p.gif

This is for people who aren't getting the current indie gala monday bundle which includes blade symphony (what most people will be getting it for) and a couple other goodies.

I've also heard that Toki Tori 2 is one of the best puzzle games around, I enjoyed the first one and have yet to try the second one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Toki Tori 2 -- MB-4BB97E90875B6FD5 - Taken by danhese007
into the dark -- MB-2AB44D256A4D8843 - Taken by Fare Godmace

into the dark is not the dlc listed in the picture, it's a weird looking fps game that apparently requires a decent political education to understand...

edit: not sure why i didn't just remove the image the first time i edited this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huh. Steam/Crytek finally fixed Warface being permanently in your library.

Hugstable

Banned
The basic badge looks nice, and the common background goes for around $.65, so it's not too big of a loss.

Plus you have a chance to get that really cool rare background. I'm waiting for it to drop under 2 bucks. It's been dropping huge amounts every day. Yesterday it was $6. Day before it was 10$. Today it's $3. I firmly believe by the end of the week I will own that background for a dollar.

Yeah they're like a hour each

Damn that might take awhile then. Was gonna have it run to get the cards before CS, but I probably won't even get one in with those kinda drop times.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Toki Tori 2 -- MB-892A8938E1E11C0C - Taken by City 17. 4 entrants total.

t1404774268z1.png

Have fun.

Some tips:

1) Explosion damage stacks in Bioshock 1. That means if you stack up 5 explosive canisters and then lure a Big Daddy on top of them and then set them off, you'll get 5 times the damage. You can basically kill a Big Daddy in one shot using this method.

2) Find an environment with a wide pillar in the center and use the electricity to stun them, then shotgun them. Then put the pillar between you when they come out of the stun state. Always try to keep something between you and them unless you are ready to stun them.

3) Shotgun electric buck is your friend.

4) Shock them in water, use anti-armor rounds, run away.

5) Try and get them to fight random splicers to distract them. Ditto for your drones.

6) Don't be afraid to fight a bit and then run to a healing station. They are cheaper than using a health pack.

7) Telekinesis is super powerful. Even just a thrown dead body is strong. Electricity and water, fire and oil stains, exploding machines, point blank shotgun...these are the power moves.

Have fun (though you probably won't read this)!

yeah i found the shotgun and it became easier, thanks for the tips, still i think it's a little hard for normal, i was thinking of just running through it but the game is fun i'll keep playing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-9EE206F213DC359F - Taken by adriano999. 4 entrants total.
I'm told this is a very different game from the original with more open world elements. Everyone who has played it seems to really like it. I already own it from another bundle
Bardbarian -- MB-5037E897B2A514D6 - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.

t1404774567z1.png

Lain

So why is Abyss Odyssey being hyped hard here? What's so good about it other than it looking pretty.

I can only speak for myself and say I'm hyped for it because it looks pretty. Some videos made it also look fun to play, but it's the art style that really sold me on it.

Copons

So... can we agree on a date and time? I suck at the game, but I'd love to laugh along with my fellow SteamGAFfers while playing it.

If my sister frees the PC early enough, I would be able to do it tonight.

When is your tonight? :D

But all in all I guess now is kinda short notice, as at the moment I just need to sleep - it's 1 AM here, after a super long day - and tomorrow I'm needed in the office, so I guess I won't be free until like 5 PM (GMT+2). This said, I hope starting tomorrow I'll be less drowsy in order to stay up later at night!

Anyway, I'm gonna check this thread first time tomorrow morning to see if there are any news about it! :)

also i suck hard too, but L4D2 is just too much fun no matter what!

Salsa

my dentist fucked up and put a hole on my tooth

EeGUpBb.png

what the hell man

worst start of the week

I installed NeoTokyo which I havent played in ages. Is GAF playing at all?

YES!

Listening to the soundtrack now. So good.

Ever get lonely?
Only around people.

Gaben just wants you in his box... Or he wants you dead.

Fucking love everything 'bout that movie.

Good to be back SteamGAF, I won't ever get banned again after two weeks of no reply button. I really love the idea of timers for games but why oh why CS? Murmurs of TF2 and L4D2 should be heeded, lets dooo ieeet

Elija2

I asked this question earlier but nobody answered so I'm posting it again:

I have a question about Steam Family Sharing. Say that I share my library with another person. Then if I set myself to be offline, would both of us still be able to play the games in my library?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I asked this question earlier but nobody answered so I'm posting it again:

Family Sharing is disabled when Steam is switched to Offline Mode. This wasn't the case at first, but it didn't take long for Valve to cotton on to the fact that people were using OM to circumvent the disallowing of concurrent library access.

kudoboi

Is broforce really that awesome as it seems? Games tend to get boring for me when they are repetitive.

I would say it gets a little boring once completing the campaign which took me 3 or so hours. Most of the other modes require local Co op or multiplayer which was pretty buggy for me. However they are always adding new content

Monooboe

my dentist fucked up and put a hole on my tooth

EeGUpBb.png

what the hell man

worst start of the week

I installed NeoTokyo which I havent played in ages. Is GAF playing at all?

OH! Damn that must suck. I've been putting of going to the dentist, even though I'm in desperate need for it... now I feel like I can wait a little longer haha!XD

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
When is your tonight? :D

But all in all I guess now is kinda short notice, as at the moment I just need to sleep - it's 1 AM here, after a super long day - and tomorrow I'm needed in the office, so I guess I won't be free until like 5 PM (GMT+2). This said, I hope starting tomorrow I'll be less drowsy in order to stay up later at night!

Anyway, I'm gonna check this thread first time tomorrow morning to see if there are any news about it! :)

also i suck hard too, but L4D2 is just too much fun no matter what!
My timezone is GMT-3. You are 5 hours in the future, but we still can coordinate something with enough time. Maybe this weekend?

Salsa

OH! Damn that must suck. I've been putting of going to the dentist, even though I'm in desperate need for it... now I feel like I can wait a little longer haha!XD

it's just cosmetic and it's on a tooth way back where you don't really see it with my mouth open unless I put my fingers in there to move my cheek

but.. still.. wtf

also go dude

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Gaben just wants you in his box... Or he wants you dead.

Fucking love everything 'bout that movie.

Good to be back SteamGAF, I won't ever get banned again after two weeks of no reply button. I really love the idea of timers for games but why oh why CS? Murmurs of TF2 and L4D2 should be heeded, lets dooo ieeet

More people need to join the "official" unoffical neogaf tf2 group at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/capthatpoint-steam

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it's just cosmetic and it's on a tooth way back where you don't really see it with my mouth open unless I put my fingers in there to move my cheek

but.. still.. wtf

also go dude

SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your dentures handy!
(Today, 07:09 AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom