• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madridy

Another Day, Another giveaway! Celebrating my new Job Anniversary.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-E7710364C278C564 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 28 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization V: GOTY -- MB-DD840C5D3D526102 - Taken by topyy. 9 entrants total.
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-EE7AD01BCB98969F - Taken by Deadbeat. 37 entrants total.

t1404779306z1.png

Good luck all

Arthea

It was so nice playing against people for once, I hope we can repeat it time to time.
And 100% Orange Juice needs to go on sale, for more people to join.
Battles are more fun but much more unpredictable too.

Hugstable

Banned
It was so nice playing against people for once, I hope we can repeat it time to time.

Nice I'll be sure to join in next time, ended up with unexpected business to take care of, but I'm finally about to be back.

And CS tonight is gonna be great. Can't wait. Think I might pick up that Indie Gala since I seem to not own any of the games besides Toki Tori 2 which I won today.

How did the 4 player game go? The game is crazy enough against CPU

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Hopefully next time I'll actually be on before it starts.

Another Day, Another giveaway! Celebrating my new Job Anniversary.

Good luck all

What is the GOTY edition of Civ V? Is that the Complete Edition with all the DLC? And if you have the base edition and win that, is it the same as just installing all the DLC or is it a completely new slot in your library?

Chariot

Yeah, it is pretty fun AND rage inducing at the same time, the reviews didn't lie.

I justgot the game myself,so if that becomes reality,count me in
Awesome.
How many players can we fit in one game? 32?

Deitus

What is the GOTY edition of Civ V? Is that the Complete Edition with all the DLC? And if you have the base edition and win that, is it the same as just installing all the DLC or is it a completely new slot in your library?

I believe it contains all of the DLC except the most recent expansion (Brave New World). With the way they do DLC/expansions for Civ, it just modifies the base game. So it would still be considered Civ V in your library, but you would load it up and the game would play somewhat different. I think there is still a way to choose to play Civ V vanilla though, it's just no longer the default option.

Edit: Crap, Civ V Gold is the one that has all but the latest expansion. I guess GOTY contains a bunch of DLC, but neither of the two significant expansions.

DukeBobby

Bah, I finally had to resort to the hint system in Broken Sword 5.

One of the puzzles in episode 2 was too much for my feeble mind.

Madridy

DLC: Civilization Pack: Babylon, All 4 Cradle of Civilization Map Packs Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca, Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia, Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings, Explorer’s Map Pack, Official Digital Soundtrack.

This version: Civ V GOTY

IIRC I don't think it includes all the DLC

Arthea

How did the 4 player game go? The game is crazy enough against CPU

The game is much harder against ai, because it cheats. It's not much easier against players, you just need to get unlucky with revival couple of times and that's it, you are left behind.

Hugstable

Banned
The game is much harder against ai, because it cheats. It's not much easier against players, you just need to get unlucky with revival couple of times and that's it, you are left behind.

Yeah, it is pretty fun AND rage inducing at the same time, the reviews didn't lie.

Awesome. I knew the game would be more fun against real players since even if the dice rolls are skewed, it's not as cheap as the AI and there constant 5 and 6 rolls early on.

XD that's like the second time he got avatar quoted since yesterday.

Quesa

Can anyone help me out with the mars movie promo thing? I keep entering the right info into steam so I can turn the card they give you into steam wallet money, and it's giving me the "your card info has been declined by the company" -- I'm putting in the right address and everything and yeah, it's a no-go. I've got 10 bucks in an alt account and I only need 5 more so I can shovel knight or valiant hearts :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you must die, I alone am best!
man I really am in a 90s rut right now

Jawmuncher

Can anyone help me out with the mars movie promo thing? I keep entering the right info into steam so I can turn the card they give you into steam wallet money, and it's giving me the "your card info has been declined by the company" -- I'm putting in the right address and everything and yeah, it's a no-go. I've got 10 bucks in an alt account and I only need 5 more so I can shovel knight or valiant hearts :(

Might be a empty card. Has happened to a few people.

ok, i'm going to die a little more, thanks.

make sure to utiilize the other types of ammos for your guns too

and you shouldnt be afraid of dieing, that's what the vita chambers are for

i forget what the death penalty is in bioshock 1 (if there even was one at all) but the one in infinite 2 were very lax

Hugstable

Banned
A week later..

*tries to buy Bad Rats*

Bmzc6ST.jpg

14413201947_5e99decca6_o.gif

Lol I finally got a follow up from Steam Support telling me to send more information so they can clear it or something. Now to wait another week until this ticket gets seen -_-. Oh well Paypal always works I guess.. but they take forever to take my money out sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom