• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't ask for or particularly want it. The admin requests queue was a little long because bish was on vacation and it's not really gromph's job and one of my fellow moderators told EviLore we needed another admin and requested it be me and I guess he agreed or thought I wouldn't suck or whatever. It's been helpful for improve the mod side of ModBot, and I'm glad that I can help people who have gotten locked out of their accounts, and obviously I've given out some positive tags, but mostly I don't really have any inclination towards the additional functionality and if another mod really wanted to be an admin in my place I'd swap with them no problem.
In moderation conversations I always tell other moderators that even if it's their first day moderating their voice counts the same as mine. I believe in collaboration, I'm not really a hierarchical authority kind of guy at all... and honestly even in terms of moderation I wouldn't be on GAF if I didn't like participating as a poster.
Always wondered how admins become. And never knew only admins can give tags. So all those hundreds of tags were given by 3 people; Evilore, bishop and you? Some mods surely wanted to tag stupid/funny posters but couldn't, heh.

Beelzebubs

Damn, those loot breakdowns are interesting. I felt a bit guilty that I'd won 9 games over the last year and only given 5 back.

I'll have to start giving and receiving more I think to join the big boys :p

Strider

While we're on it I wish devs would stop using bugs/insects in their games. They make for terrible enemies and when you make them enormous it freaks me out :(

The sound effects? Ew.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Always wondered how admins become. And never knew only admins can give tags. So all those hundreds of tags were given by 3 people; Evilore, bishop and you? Some mods surely wanted to tag stupid/funny posters but couldn't, heh.

Mods submit tag requests to admins when they want to, but can't actually give the tags themselves. I almost never did when I was a moderator.

Indignate

The, uh... one you get if you
take the basketball from the garage
by
looking up as soon as you enter, and throwing the milk carton from the recycling bin at it
and
bring it up to Sam's room, close the door, and put it where it belongs

Do you have a phobia of
cute kitty noises/pictures?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Had some extras, enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stacking -- MB-C8A792C100DF69E1 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 1 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity -- MB-D4FF819834C6C5D3 - Taken by soapypanda. 2 entrants total.
Darkout -- MB-C87885E0EF716F2A - Taken by Casimir. 3 entrants total.

t1405388192z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so as long as I find someone who still has it in their inventory I'm safe?

The new sub hasn't been put up on the store yet despite being several hours old, but there's no way to be absolutely sure whether it's a post-release sub or one intended for RU pre-orders, so if you can afford to buy the game now then you might as well do so.

Edit: Oh, wait, yes it has... but the region-lock was removed.

Echoplx

The new sub hasn't been put up on the store yet despite being several hours old, but there's no way to be absolutely sure whether it's a post-release sub or one intended for RU pre-orders, so if you can afford to buy the game now then you might as well do so.

It is actually active on the RU store page now

javascript:addToCart( 47807);
http://steamdb.info/sub/47807/

For some reason they actually removed the trading restriction though

EDIT: I see you noticed now

I don't know what the chances are on this being retroactively restricted but I wouldn't risk it.

Lain

Ventara

So I was skimming this thread earlier at work and thought some important topics were being brought up. So what did I miss? Can anyone catch me up? What were people talking about with The Witcher 3 becoming region locked?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
14657144952_eb66fd1d37_o.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for nbnt:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbnt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-4B859C88DA713B81 - Taken by Dio Brando. 121 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-B22C6D32C49F5576 - Taken by zkylon. 54 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit -- MB-D1EDF0BA49F4AECD - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 54 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: There was an error processing one of your keys. If a key is missing from the list, there was an error processing it. This may be an issue with unicode characters in a game name or could just be a glitch in the system. Feel free to post your giveaway or resubmit to see if it processes the next time. If no keys are missing, disregard this message.

t1405388792z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
well, it's official - I suck at CS:GO as well ;) one more game to the enormous pile :p

Sky Chief

What the fuck is wrong with Green Man Gaming? It will not accept my PayPal or any credit card. I just keep getting "Oops, we cannot compute! We are unable to process your order using this card. Please try another card or one of the alternate payment options."

Congrats to the winners of nbnt's giveaway! I'm off to pick four leaf clovers with the leprechaun I kidnapped so I might one day win one of these. Thanks as always to nbnt for the great giveaways and John Locke gifs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom