• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

You guys are making me sad that I spent my last $10 on Mass Effect 1 & 2! Abyss Odyssey looks amazing; I can't wait to play it! I really like the idea of a platformer with good fighting mechanics rather than just slashing up the enemy in two hits.

Don't feel sad. Abyss Odyssey's still going to be around during the next sale, and $10 for ME 1 and 2 is a great deal on two really good games. (AO does sound really good, though.)

Mono

You know what needs to be done.

aa1e8bfc332cc7fcc96f148bd7be60381cb71fb4.png
0d5efa33ca10f246fb1e6d0fbd8787144e7ea6ba.png
[/URL]

tFG0FDX.png

I feel dirty just idling for these cards!

Like a bad rat, you could say

Don't feel sad. Abyss Odyssey's still going to be around during the next sale, and $10 for ME 1 and 2 is a great deal on two really good games. (AO does sound really good, though.)

Yeah, ME is completely up my alley and I'm having a blast with the first one so far! Soon, Abyss Odyssey!!

Sky Chief

Anyone here doing strictly PC gaming?

I already sold my Vita, PS3 and Xbox 360. But I'm considering getting rid of the 3DS and Wii U as well.

And then just keeping my Gaming PC, PlayStation 4 and iPhone for my gaming needs.

I would like to hear how people with only a PC are doing. Or even a PC and PS4.

I built my PC about three months ago. When I was setting everything up I realized that I needed a surge protector / power strip. So I "temporarily" grabbed the one that all my consoles were plugged into. I just realized I have not moved it back since. I will buy another power strip when the Last of Us Remastered comes out.

Spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Galactic Arms Race -- MB-A1351E59F14CA930 - Taken by danhese007
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-31FFBAF4C0F365CA - Taken by Mono
Dysan the Shapeshifter -- MB-B4392164B2E6A28D - Taken by Aitor

Driver issue, use Bluescreenviewer it will point to what driver, whatever driver is doing it needs to be updated or removed and reinstalled. It's not a hardware issue.

So I downlaoded and installed Bluescreenviewer to check a problem with my laptop crashing when running specific games and giving me a "IRQL_Not_less_or_equal" error.

It showed me the crash reports in the upper panel and the lower panel is filled with stuff.

I'm not that tech savvy so I really don't know what to do with the information I got.

EDIT: Oh I found it! In the upper panel it says Caused by driver: igdkmd64.sys (and that's four seperate crashes)

Is that dangerous :[ ?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
EDIT: Oh I found it! In the upper panel it says Caused by driver: igdkmd64.sys (and that's four seperate crashes)

That is your Intel Graphics driver. Be sure to update to the latest one here. Not sure if that will fix the issue or not, but it's a good place to start.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-69A4CEB4E19A15C3 - Taken by Kirosia
You Are Already Dead.

That is your Intel Graphics driver. Be sure to update to the latest one here. Not sure if that will fix the issue or not, but it's a good place to start.

Those are your intel graphics drivers.
Edit: Shackled.

Yup. Searched around on google and it seems to be a frequent problem for people.

Installing and updating the drivers now. I'm going to sound pretty cheesy now but it's so satisfying in a way to find and fix different software problems on a pc. A little accomplishment!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-4C60520EC766A729 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind

Sini

So I downlaoded and installed Bluescreenviewer to check a problem with my laptop crashing when running specific games and giving me a "IRQL_Not_less_or_equal" error.

It showed me the crash reports in the upper panel and the lower panel is filled with stuff.

I'm not that tech savvy so I really don't know what to do with the information I got.

I had to downgrade Intel's driver to fix that issue.

Stump, did you upgrade ModBot? I got my code almost instantly after registering.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Defense Grid 2 Beta -- MB-AE61914EDD243CE5
Fake Edit: Ha, tried registering some untaken and nuked keys and modbot thought I am regifting.
Edit 2: ↓ was Galactic Arms Race. Looks fun actually.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-54396000D84C7D0E - Taken by freshVeggie
This GAR won't shasp.

Miker

Are there any reasonably affordable and not shitty wireless gaming mice out there? My G500 is double clicking instead of single clicking regularly, and I'm kinda tired of having wires around, even though my mouse is always at my table.

I'm guessing it'll be something like pick two of three: affordable, wireless, not shitty.

HoosTrax

Would you guys recommend Shovel Knight to me? I mean, as someone who generally sucks at and can't finish straight-up platformers, but enjoys metroidvania platformers, where grinding some stats or weapons can get me through and cover up for my platforming failings.

hey steamgaf, i haven't been that active in the past few days since I'm preparing for a trip to the Dominican Republic that I'll have on Wednesday. Just in case I'm too busy to post tomorrow or Wednesday I just wanna say that I'll miss you all and that I'll be back August 13 <3 Hopefully the place that I'll be staying has wifi so I can still keep in touch with everyone. Also a bit bummed I didn't get to beat Mirror's Edge today, didn't even get a chance to play it either :(

Coreda

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key.

I wonder if ModBot will ever be changed to reveal the mystery game in the edit upon completion. Actually, does ModBot even know what the original is? Never tried a mystery post before.

Extra from the indie gala today.

Its a Desura key

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Desura key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cafe 0 -- MB-1F30F5DE1CDC1265

t1405393892z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

IiQn4cO.jpg

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-992A5B9A85BBAFBF - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
This is supposed to be a really cool little game despite the fact that it looks hideous, apparently the feel of the game is very cool
Millie -- MB-928829EF5CDE66E4 - Taken by Darth Kupi
I bought this for like $1 or something in a Steam weekly sale. Now I know $1 is too much to buy something on Steam.
ulgzbKC.png
CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ (Desura) -- MB-F4168456D0C2BC9E - Taken by doctorcdcs
Even in a garbage dump no one will take a Desura key

hey steamgaf, i haven't been that active in the past few days since I'm preparing for a trip to the Dominican Republic that I'll have on Wednesday. Just in case I'm too busy to post tomorrow or Wednesday I just wanna say that I'll miss you all and that I'll be back August 13 <3 Hopefully the place that I'll be staying has wifi so I can still keep in touch with everyone. Also a bit bummed I didn't get to beat Mirror's Edge today, didn't even get a chance to play it either :(
Have a good vacation Prinny! Ah, how I'd like to go to a sandy beach with palms.

Altazor

Would you guys recommend Shovel Knight to me? I mean, as someone who generally sucks at and can't finish straight-up platformers, but enjoys metroidvania platformers, where grinding some stats or weapons can get me through and cover up for my platforming failings.

you a fan of classic 2D Mario and early Mega Man (Mega Men?) with a hint of pre-SOTN Castlevania? Platformers that can be deceptively simple but can offer a fair challenge without being absurdly cheap? Do you like kickass chiptune music? Then Shovel Knight is the game for you.

And if you don't like the above things, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Damn. Someone beat me to the free Millie key. Either they were faster or I was throttled for winning a giveaway 2-3 days ago? Congrats anyway, Darth Kupi.

They were that fast:
Code:
GA: Heartbeat begin
GA: No problem--multi-entries allowed
GA: Queueing Claims: New claim request Darth Kupi for 928829EF5CDE66E4
GA: Queueing Claims: New claim request crazyrabbits for 928829EF5CDE66E4
GA: Queueing Claims: New claim request DaBargainHunta for 928829EF5CDE66E4
GA: Queueing Claims: New claim request danhese007 for 928829EF5CDE66E4
GA: Begin Claims: Selected Darth Kupi to win game 928829EF5CDE66E4
GA: Claim Process: Garbage Dump, no rules.
GA: Claims Process: I am going to give Millie to Darth Kupi. Added to PM Queue.
GA: Claim Process: Begin post edit mark, looking for post to edit out for key 92
8829EF5CDE66E4
GA: Claim Process: Found a saved edit URL, which is http://www.neogaf.com/forum/
editpost.php?do=editpost&p=121042594&nojs=1
GA 2.0: How many URLs do we have? 1
GA 2.0: Edit successful.
GA: Claim Process: Edited out key 928829EF5CDE66E4

4 of your tried to grab the key during the same 45 second period, Darth Kupi got there first. There are no throttles on garbage dumps. And people don't get throttled for 3 days for winning one game, they get throttled for under a day when they win MANY games :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is that garbage dump rule new? even tho I dont agree with the name, that should be used on every spare bundle key giveaway really, I know ill use it

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Well, looks like I've found what to link the Garbage Dump image to.

is that garbage dump rule new? even tho I dont agree with the name, that should be used on every spare bundle key giveaway really, I know ill use it

It is new. I don't recommend people use it, necessarily, because it obviously undermines the community blacklist and your personal permablock list and it doesn't work with any other rules including raffles and the people who claim the keys just get the PM and that's it, it's not added to their loot collection at all. It's there for absolute last resort stuff, for the stuff that really can't be given away by any other means.

Mostly it's there so I can automate the monthly trash giveaways more easily :p

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
One bot's trash is a Gaffer's treasure*.

*restrictions apply

Is Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising and Red River recommendable?
Saw some night mission with different vision modes, slow paced toughtfully planned missions.
Looks interesting. Anyone played them?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It is new. I don't recommend people use it, necessarily, because it obviously undermines the community blacklist and your personal permablock list and it doesn't work with any other rules including raffles and the people who claim the keys just get the PM and that's it, it's not added to their loot collection at all. It's there for absolute last resort stuff, for the stuff that really can't be given away by any other means.

Mostly it's there so I can automate the monthly trash giveaways more easily :p

oh it bypasses blacklists? hmmm

I just hate the idea that someone wont take a key I post because they are worried they will fuck up their chances of winning a "bigger" game

Lain

I'll never use it. I don't feel that a win is less than a win (or a game less than a game) simply because the game comes from a bundle, personally. Hell, I'm actually disappointed such a rule was implemented for everyday use.

Ww1gMkR.png

pKSlqny.png

When we are playing:
We are playing now!

Information said:
What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome! Join the NeoGAF Games Night group. You will receive a notification through Steam as to when we are starting. PM anyone in the group for an invite.

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
We will initially start a lobby of 10 players (party system limitation). Once we start the game, you will be able to join the public server by going into the main menu and right clicking my name to join the game that I am in.

If you cannot get in, I will try to post in this thread when a free spot opens up on the server.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

Different game for next week?
I've been thinking of switching the games up next weekend. Same casual enviornment.
Please vote here.
If you have suggestions for another game, PM here on GAF or through Steam. It doesn't have to be a Valve game or even a steam game. However, I will have to look up the logistics of setting it up.

I've also made a NeoGAF Games Night to help better organize this and alert people when we are starting. PM me or anyone in the group on steam for an invite.

I'll never use it. I don't feel that a win is less than a win (or a game less than a game) simply because the game comes from a bundle, personally. Hell, I'm actually disappointed such a rule was implemented for everyday use.

That said, do people pass up bundle games because that Divinity raffle requires you not to have won in the past day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom