• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php
>_> .......... <_<
image.php

Hugstable

Banned
Is there a way to make Shantae fullscreen? Playing in a 1920x1080 window with borders isn't cool. naturally the other option is not to play in 1920 since it's going to be a window, but I'd rather play in fullscreen if possible.

I was able to play it in full screen, you can also set it to stretch if you want it to take up your complete screen. I didn't even know it could be windowed. I'll check right now.

Edit: just took a look and I don't see any windowed/fullscreen option which is weird now to know you seem to be stuck in windowed. Did you try changing the resolutions or the screen modes? Also try restarting the game.

def sim

Is there a way to make Shantae fullscreen? Playing in a 1920x1080 window with borders isn't cool. naturally the other option is not to play in 1920 since it's going to be a window, but I'd rather play in fullscreen if possible.

If you want to play it windowed, you can use this for borderless full screen.

Coreda

Yes. i want lossless. Lariant went one step further, which might be considered overkill, and delivered it as WAV.

Eh, when you look at Hydrogen Audio's audiophile public listening tests most people find ~192kps VBR AAC to be transparent. 320kps (CBR ?, haven't dl'd it yet) is fine tbh. I still prefer FLAC when buying music though, but mainly for transcoding reasons and peace of mind.

Cards, Cards, CARDSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Strategic War in Europe -- MB-62EE10100F560584 - Taken by electroflame

Even then its not really hard. I went through the hardest ps3 exclusive difficulty with no vita chambers and its way easier than one would think. Only the first couple of hours are tough.

I thought that the hardest mode had a good balance of difficulty. It wasn't too hard, but it wasn't to easy. I had a great time. But yeah, disabling vita chambers fundamentally changes the way the game is played.

rtcn63

My former co-worker on FB who's pre-law and currently interning in D.C, adamantly believes that "#ffirstworldproblems" is meant to be taken at face value, and not at all in irony. She does this a lot. She's not joking around. I'll likely be serving her children fries at a drive-thru someday, and that isn't cool.

Anyways ITS STILL TOO HOT TO ENJOY GAMES.

maneil99

So done with this job. 8 hour's a day, that's normal

45c no AC manual labour working in a warehouse unloading trucks, eh hard work I guess

overtime everyday including my birthday tomorrow when I want to spend time with family, eh shitty,

expected to work weekends while taking online classes? Fuck me.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Speedball 2 HD -- MB-0773926ABE4C596E - Taken by Kryptonite. 2 entrants total.

t1405563184z1.png

Blizzard

Banned
That's weird. Like someone else pointed out, the game only runs in fullscreen for me. I'm glad alt-enter works!

What's the veridict on Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut? Is it a good game?
It seems decent and on the easy side. Some levels are surprisingly maze-like, but it doesn't feel like a truly massive Super Metroid / Castlevania / Warioland level of massive. I made a couple of posts:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121239970&postcount=13555
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121332721&postcount=14334

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

It's from reddit and it doesn't really explain why he needed to contact Valve support. I'd bet 5$ it's for a super obvious thing he did that he wasn't suppose to like everyone else who complains from that site. Just like all the vague and nebulous Counter-Strike bans that are totally happening because Valve looks for hacks you use on other games on your PC.

saunderez

It's from reddit and it doesn't really explain why he needed to contact Valve support. I'd bet 5$ it's for a super obvious thing he did that he wasn't suppose to like everyone else who complains from that site. Just like all the vague and nebulous Counter-Strike bans that are totally happening because Valve looks for hacks you use on other games on your PC.

Does it really matter what he did? Steam has shitty customer service, you cannot deny that. The canned responses they trot out in response to real problems are not a satisfactory way to deal with paying customers.

Ventara

Edge of Space and Starbound would be more like that, I think.

I actually picked up Edge of Space yesterday. Seems like a good game, but the controls can be a bit better. I just did the tutorial, though. Gonna wait for a sale on Starbound, especially since it's still in Early Access.

Btw, if you haven't found anyone to split with and just want a copy for yourself, I know a guy who'd sell it for 6 ref (1 key = 9 ref) if you unpack a 4-pack for him.

Sarcasm

before I go and jump on an nVidia card, is there a ShadowPlay client that streams to twitch or do I need some other software?

Depending on the card it should have it with the GeForce experience software but I wouldn't use it for what it does with resources you take a quality hit. Not just a slight quality hit, a pretty noticeable one.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Does it really matter what he did? Steam has shitty customer service, you cannot deny that. The canned responses they trot out in response to real problems are not a satisfactory way to deal with paying customers.

When it comes from Reddit yeah, I like to know the reason.

I never said a word about Steam CS' quality.

wilflare

Depending on the card it should have it with the GeForce experience software but I wouldn't use it for what it does with resources you take a quality hit. Not just a slight quality hit, a pretty noticeable one.

that's a bummer. don't we need GeForce Experience for GameStream as well? :/
what's recommended

The Cowboy

It really is one of the strangest things, Steam is easily the best digital download gaming platform around, and yet I'd say it has the worst customer support of them all (and by quite a margin to - Origin is easily the best IMO) - its just so much fun when you send a nice detailed report to them and after a week of waiting you get a canned response back suggesting something that you very clearly stated you already did (or worse, you get a response that has nothing at all to do with your issue), and then your left waiting another week when you reply to the canned response (with Steam support, something that should take minutes to sort out can take weeks).

I've had to deal with Steam support before, i pray i never have to again - it just sucks.

saunderez

When it comes from Reddit yeah, I like to know the reason.

I never said a word about Steam CS' quality.

I'm just saying putting the burden of proof on the customer (in this case the Reddit poster) is a bit of a cop out considering we know Steam has shitty customer service. Even if he has no case to answer plenty of other people do. I'm gonna automatically assume Valve is to blame because they make next to no effort solving customers problems.

Does anybody here actually win from steamgifts?
Entered many and always smaller games with only a couple hundred entries, but nothing.
Seriously think I am wasting time with it. But hey, I'd still waste it somewhere else.

Hugstable

Banned
It really is one of the strangest things, Steam is easily the best digital download gaming platform around, and yet I'd easily say it has the worst customer support of all of them (Origin is easily the best IMO) - its just so much fun when you send a nice detailed report to them and after a week of waiting you get a canned response back suggesting something that you very clearly stated you already did (or worse, you get a response that has nothing at all to do with your issue), and then your left waiting another week when you reply to the canned response (with Steam support, something that should take minutes to sort out can take weeks).

I've had to deal with Steam support before, i pray i never have to again - it just sucks.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the support system either, and it just takes too long to ever get anything fixed at times since it takes about 3-7 days for a ticket to be answered. I'm just glad that I haven't really had to deal with them in awhile.

Ventara

Speaking of Magic 2015, I heard there are some DLC card packs. Can these card packs be unlocked through normal play, or do I have to buy them? I'm debating between the base game and the complete bundle right now. And how is the game? Is it good? I see it has an overwhelming amount of negative reviews, but I've learned that they're not always reliable, so Id like to hear what you guys have to say.

dot

Entered many and always smaller games with only a couple hundred entries, but nothing.
Seriously think I am wasting time with it. But hey, I'd still waste it somewhere else.

Yes, i've won 14 times on that site.

Most recent win was one month ago.

rtcn63

I won Arma a long while ago, and it was never sent. Steamgifts really isn't worth the effort.

Volimar

Speaking of Magic 2015, I heard there are some DLC card packs. Can these card packs be unlocked through normal play, or do I have to buy them? I'm debating between the base game and the complete bundle right now. And how is the game? Is it good? I see it has an overwhelming amount of negative reviews, but I've learned that they're not always reliable, so Id like to hear what you guys have to say.

Dunno, but you get like a free booster every time you win in the story mode, and more when you beat each world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom