• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed feelings about Hatoful Boyfriend, for one side I want to support more of these games coming to Steam, for the other side I hate pigeons, disgusting flying rats that like to poop in my head. -_-

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
On the simulator front:

Apparently Water Simulator, Black Screen Simulator, and Blue Screen Simulator have all been removed from Greenlight. Valve does listen to complaints, sometimes.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I'm still here!

On another note...
---
Looking for moderators/facilitators for NeoGAF's Games Night group.

To apply, do not reply in this thread. Reply to the thread in the link above.

Have three so far but we're all based in NA. Would love some EuroGAF facilitators!

Why not just give everyone the ability to host events? That way if people are thinking about playing a game, but want to play with others, they can just host one. Maybe have there be unofficial events and official events by approved members?

I might randomly set some stuff up if you need. I'm English but my work time varies depending on how much I get done in a day so not going to be the best for planning. So not applying, just saying I can help out on occasion ;)

The application is to just get a general idea of when moderators can set up games times. You don't have to be available all the time. If you wish to create events for the group, even if it's a few hours before you want to start you should think about applying. :)

Why not just give everyone the ability to host events? That way if people are thinking about playing a game, but want to play with others, they can just host one. Maybe have there be unofficial events and official events by approved members?

If everyone has power it might get a little crazy and events may start to overlap. I'd rather keep the power limited so the group doesn't become too spammy and event littered.

MayMay

Banned

Ventara

Hey I'm looking at a 4 pack of Magicite over here. Seems to run about 1 key per copy if I can find 1-2 more people who are interested, according to the wise and helpful Russian bear.

I've been saying this since I played it.
I did post that webm of Octodad putting the pirhana in the microwave and turning it on... I suppose nobody was paying attention though.

The game made me laugh so hard while I was playing it, unlike my experience with Surgeon Simulator 2013 where I get frustrated by the controls and my inability to make them work precisely.

I might be interested in Magicite. I'll be home in an hour and a half. If you can wait until then for me to make sure, that'd be awesome.

The application is to just get a general idea of when moderators can set up games times. You don't have to be available all the time. If you wish to create events for the group, even if it's a few hours before you want to start you should think about applying. :)

If everyone has power it might get a little crazy and events may start to overlap. I'd rather keep the power limited so the group doesn't become too spammy and event littered.
To add on to this, nothing is stopping anyone from messaging a moderator to set up an event if you wanna host one but aren't a mod yourself.

Id love to, for EuroGAF - but I'm not always available so I could only host something once in a while. On a regular basis I suppose, but inconsistent in terms of what day etc.. ;_;

As I said above it's just to get a general sense of the times you are available, I'll make a note of that in my original post.

EDIT: Promoted you Marco. :)

dot

Almost over.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stacking -- MB-F51A64C82D7FF785 - Taken by freshVeggie. 7 entrants total.
ReignMaker -- MB-223C2AD0CF5E10A4 - Taken by adriano999. 13 entrants total.
International Snooker -- MB-50E035D4D0BC5581 - Taken by redlacs. 9 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity -- MB-CB3F2B1CBD148309 - Taken by Sarcasm. 5 entrants total.

t1405557243z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
On the simulator front:

Apparently Water Simulator, Black Screen Simulator, and Blue Screen Simulator have all been removed from Greenlight. Valve does listen to complaints, sometimes.

To me, Water Simulator was more of a gag, a piss-take on simulators, while Black Screen Simulator and Blue Screen Simulator just seemed like petulant people angry at Valve for letting junk on the store. I reported the two latter and voted yes on the former. to be honest.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
To me, Water Simulator was more of a gag, a piss-take on simulators, while Black Screen Simulator and Blue Screen Simulator just seemed like petulant people angry at Valve for letting junk on the store. I reported the two latter and voted yes on the former. to be honest.

I'm not really sure about Black Screen Simulator, but Blue Screen Simulator seemed like a blatant ad for the creator's other game. This was included at the bottom of the Greenlight page for it.

KpSvnjO.png

So it just felt like it was on Greenlight to draw attention to the other games that were put up by the same person. SanctuaryRPG, the game that the link is for, is currently on Greenlight too. I don't really get why the person was trying to draw attention to the game since it would be a free release anyway, but that's just my take on it.

I could see Water Simulator being a parody sim, maybe.

Hugstable

Banned
Ended up doing pretty decent doing some random pub CS:GO Comp matches. Completed my Mission in Dust 2 and got a new one for Castle. Won my first game and did pretty well K/D wise, then second game was insanely close and we started to comeback, but still lost 16 to 13. I'm just happy I seem to be doing a little better.

wilflare

Thanks for the links, but my DS4 is working great with everything else, just not BoI. I wonder if it is something specific to that game. I'll tinker some more

I remember I had to come up w a custom controller profile for BoI previously - when I was using... lol Motioninjoy

it doesn't support controllers natively right?

liezryou

So i just opened a 4pack of speed runners for Jaked22 and myself, got two copies left, anyone want? It's 2 keys or 5$ per copy :).

Includes a free copy of blur
If you can beat dunderhassan

Rezae

Really not feeling Magic... kinda regret getting it. I was pretty big into MTG the first 10 years it was out, and dabbled a little bit in the earlier versions of DOTP series, but I find this game really lacking. The interface and menus are slow and clunky, I swear earlier versions were better. I was excited to customize decks, but this just seems overboard with the microtransactions and the push to play physical MTG in some of the menus. Coming from some moderate Hearthstone play, I find the presentation and fun factor just better with that game, even if the mechanics are extremely dumbed down. I'm not totally giving up on it yet, but I am a bit disappointed.

Kanokare

Which game is this? Reminds me of Tomb Raider 1. Actual tombs.

Yep, gonna enter too. Just need to have that special moment. Probably L4D2.
Would have been better if you could enter ~3 videos. Oh well.
Did you also enter the scavenge hunt?

Yup, I entered all 5 (including the PrecisionX 15 one).

jblank83

Disagree, it's best with pure keyboard. Many fingers to input four directions for each hand instead of just your thumbs. You definitely don't want to use a mouse though.

Diagonals are easier on gamepad sticks, making gamepad movement more fluid. Executing a circle on a keyboard is cumbersome, for instance. Time to move a stick left is functionally the same as switching keys. Nor is Isaac a game that requires overly exacting twitch reflexes, if there is a demonstrable milliseconds difference between the two input devices. Most situations can be overcome with knowledge of room spawns and enemy movement/fire patterns, as well as proper resource usage.

Kifimbo

Another spare:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Strategic War in Europe -- MB-19041F59019F85C0 - Taken by BHK3. 2 entrants total.

t1405559404z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom