• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be random but anyone actually enjoy the Ducktales remake? I'm wondering if i should get it on the next sale but i just remember people being kinda meh about it on release.

wait, i totally missed the
part about the molestation
. Where did you find that info?

This explains it better than I could

(Gone Home)

One thing I don't think that article mentions was the letter from Oscar to Terry under a false bottom in his desk where he talks about how he often thinks about Terry's "development and welfare in the years since they last met" and that seeing that Terry was married reassured him, that Terry is always welcome to visit but that he understands if the invitation isn't accepted

Now spiders in games are just usually underwhelming. They never seem as strong as other creature types. Bears though, bears are always rough. People should be freaked out by bears!

Skyrim's Requiem mod changed that. It turned spiders into the fucking toughest mother fuckers that ever fucked on Akatosh's green fucking earth.

Bears? Fuck bears, spider chomp, a million damage, 20 years of poison.

Enco

The steam size information is still from before the patch that reduzed the game size, it's currently 12.1GB with the OST included. There was a time when it was 30GB...

Seems like it's only downloading 7.4GB.

Good stuff. Was worried for a minute. I have fiber optic net and the HD space but 30GB is no joke.

Wolfenstein pushed me to the limit but was worth it in the end.

Aaron D.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Aaron D., not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BioShock 2 -- MB-2DAE70DE36E947BE - Taken by Mono. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops The Line -- MB-1E2AA2ACF7C82CCD - Taken by iosefe. 6 entrants total.
BioShock -- MB-294D416059CB9286 - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-AD1034DC24EDB771 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 4 entrants total.

t1405708690z1.png

JustLynx

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-D63056A790CDBC02 - Taken by Sofa King. 6 entrants total.

t1405708872z1.png

Not an AAA game sadly :( but this game is really good and fun game
enjoy!

This explains it better than I could

(Gone Home)

One thing I don't think that article mentions was the letter from Oscar to Terry under a false bottom in his desk where he talks about how he often thinks about Terry's "development and welfare in the years since they last met" and that seeing that Terry was married reassured him, that Terry is always welcome to visit but that he understands if the invitation isn't accepted

Well shit, either i missed those items or it flew over my head. I'm pretty sure I checked out every nook and cranny but i'll be damned, i feel stupid now.

Shovel Knight seems to be the superior 2D throwback.

Yes, it's great DuckTales fanservice. It even has the voices!

The artstyle is a little crap with the mix of low-poly environments and high-res 2D art sprites, but you get over it pretty much right away.

I guess i'll wait it out, then. My only concern is since it's a licensed game that if i wait too long it'll get pulled. Probably jump on it on the next sale. thanks!

Tizoc

This is going to be random but anyone actually enjoy the Ducktales remake? I'm wondering if i should get it on the next sale but i just remember people being kinda meh about it on release.

Impressions are 50-50, the biggest issue are the cutscenes and some didn't like having to pause and skip them.
Other than that it's a good 2d Platformer, get it if you're in the mood for them. Get Shovel Knight and the upcoming Freedom Planet too.

Deitus

Same here, had quite a bit of fun with the first one on the 360. It was a bit of a shit game as far as polish goes but it was fun enough and the traversal was so good, it was always a great time to just run and jump/float around.

Oh yeah, it was worth playing if only for the traversal (not that there wasn't fun to be had elsewhere). It really set the standard in that regard, and the only game that has really compared is Saint's Row 4. Honestly, SR4 basically directly lifted the traversal mechanics from Prototype, but I was okay with that.

Lomax

Well, the former is as simple as buying a single $1 indie bundle and piecemealing the games from account to account, and the latter is actually 14 days (according to my experimentation with making a steam trading offers bot recently)

Bundle games don't work, it has to be a purchase from Steam itself. Still manageable, but it would take some effort that might offset what would be gained. My girlfriend's account has 26 games, most from bundles, but some from Steam gifts, and her market says "To help protect users of the Community Market from fraudulent buyers and sellers, we require that users have made any purchase on Steam in the last year, the first of which must've occurred more than 30 days ago. Your account does not meet these criteria."

Just beat HL Opposing Force and Blue Shift. OF was fun but BS was BS if you know what I mean. I thought the cycloptic aliens in OF that turned to worms when defeated were a major pain to kill on normal mode though. Especially if you had a shitload of them on the screen.

Macmanus

Same here, had quite a bit of fun with the first one on the 360. It was a bit of a shit game as far as polish goes but it was fun enough and the traversal was so good, it was always a great time to just run and jump/float around.

So $5 is worth it? I've never completed a city-scape action game, but I've always found a few hours of entertainment in games like Crackdown, Infamous, Hulk, etc.

JakeD

Impressions are 50-50, the biggest issue are the cutscenes and some didn't like having to pause and skip them.
Other than that it's a good 2d Platformer, get it if you're in the mood for them. Get Shovel Knight and the upcoming Freedom Planet too.

i'm gonna disagree a bit and say that the ONLY reason to buy ducktales is if you are a fan of the show and would enjoy the new cutscenes and voice acting. the platforming itself, although pretty accurate to the original, is very average compared to all the other good 2d platforming games available on steam. i enjoyed the game a lot, but im a big fan of the show

Bundle games don't work, it has to be a purchase from Steam itself. Still manageable, but it would take some effort that might offset what would be gained. My girlfriend's account has 26 games, most from bundles, but some from Steam gifts, and her market says "To help protect users of the Community Market from fraudulent buyers and sellers, we require that users have made any purchase on Steam in the last year, the first of which must've occurred more than 30 days ago. Your account does not meet these criteria."

in that case roogoo should do the trick

Momentary

Banned
I couldn't wait for Hangeki so I bought it on Desura. The game is pretty amazing and the amount of weapons in the game are ridiculous. It probably took me a good 5 to 6 hours to beat this game and there's still around 13 or so mods to unlock. I hope they polish this out even more for the Steam release. It's a very enjoyable Shmup.

Edit: I take that back... there' over 20 more weapons to unlock.

vg260

Bought for CSD, and have no interest in the others:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (2n2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Universe Sandbox -- MB-CCEF7C9FDCBF1E23 - Taken by zeroOman. 1 entrants total.
Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-AA049E79DF7A064A - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.

t1405709530z1.png

(plus shameless Wofenstein entry, but I did really get it for CSD)

Caerith

Would free games count? I mean like Faerie Solitaire, Left 4 Dead 2, or Sniper Elite, the ones that are free for a day then go back to having a price.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm pretty sure I have screenshots to prove otherwise <(&#65344;^´)>

We should play sometimes then :3 me so sorry! *hugs*

------------------

On a fun little side note. Can you guys tell me.. :)

1) who on SteamGAF has your favorite avatar? like the avatar that you love the most. (beside your own)
2) who is your favorite SteamGAFer?
3) the best post you ever seen on SteamGAF? no need to go searching for it. Just give me the clipnote version.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bundle games don't work, it has to be a purchase from Steam itself.

It's possible that there are separate restrictions for use of the market versus use of trading (which is very interesting, I think, and it'll be interesting to see if this changes when they add cash trading to the trading system, as it looks like they will), but in that case requirement just becomes buying a $0.19-0.29 game on Steam during the next sale for the mule accounts.

Lomax

Would free games count? I mean like Faerie Solitaire, Left 4 Dead 2, or Sniper Elite, the ones that are free for a day then go back to having a price.

Nope, she has Faerie Solitaire, Red Orchestra 2, and Left 4 Dead 2 from those promotions. It seems to require an actual money expenditure. I've also been told that in-game purchases don't count either.

To be clear, I'm not trying to get my gf's account on the market, it's just a good example for me to use when it comes to the restrictions.

It's possible that there are separate restrictions for use of the market versus use of trading (which is very interesting, I think, and it'll be interesting to see if this changes when they add cash trading to the trading system, as it looks like they will), but in that case requirement just becomes buying a $0.19-0.29 game on Steam during the next sale for the mule accounts.

Yeah, her account trades just fine and can get card drops and has been high enough level to get cards from voting during sales. It appears only to restrict market buying and selling.

------------------

1) who on SteamGAF has your favorite avatar? like the avatar that you love the most. (beside your own)
3) the best post you ever seen on SteamGAF? no need to go searching for it. Just give me the clipnote version.

1)I liked your avatar but why is the Destiny stuff stripped out of it now?
2)That's not fair.
3)It's times like these I wish I had a working memory.

Caerith

Nope, she has Faerie Solitaire, Red Orchestra 2, and Left 4 Dead 2 from those promotions. It seems to require an actual money expenditure. I've also been told that in-game purchases don't count either.

To be clear, I'm not trying to get my gf's account on the market, it's just a good example for me to use when it comes to the restrictions.

Yeah, her account trades just fine and can get card drops and has been high enough level to get cards from voting during sales. It appears only to restrict market buying and selling.

Ah, thanks for checking/clarifying.

Jawmuncher

[

-Rhaknar when he had "Life" going on last week.

-Too many to count

-JaseC giving away the keys to the kingdom easily just because that's a pretty big deal.

Woah, just came on my laptop and immediately won CSD from lashman. Thanks a bunch man. Let's see what the fuss is all about. I know PM thanks but since I already post why not add it?
Man the last two weeks I have been blessed with nice folks gifting games, almost embarrassing what I've won.
That's nice. Care to show off your projects. Interested in what can be achieved by amateur devs.
Would enter in a heartbeat but it'd be a shame to waste this game here to german censorship :( If only Wolfenstein TNO from the quake bundle - which grants the uncensored version even to germans - was cheaper.
Eh, it's actually pretty cheap since it's a new title. Just bummed that the chance to get the uncensored one won't come again probably in the future.

Enco

I haven't cleaned my computer in 3 years.

It's loud as feck.

But I don't have anything to clean it with. Lol.
Open it up and get your vacuum cleaner out.

Don't press it against anything but you can probably suck up a lot.

If you haven't done it in 3 years it's almost guaranteed to make a big difference.

If you want to go an extra step further, get some compressed air or something. Some people say you have to be careful with cans that have fluid but I haven't run into any issues (just don't flip it upside down).

Shadownet

Banned
I'm pretty sure I have screenshots to prove otherwise <(&#65344;^´)>

1)I liked your avatar but why is the Destiny stuff stripped out of it now?
2)That's not fair.
3)It's times like these I wish I had a working memory.

Well you can still see the traveler part of Destiny bellow the circle in my avatar. I just took out all the art overlay because admins in DestinyGAF agreed that the logo should look "flat" and "simple"

plus I like this version better :D though I'm the only admin with the orange and blue on his symbol. most other admins have white or black logo. I just like the orange and blue better. Representing the color of both GAF and Destiny.

Deitus

So $5 is worth it? I've never completed a city-scape action game, but I've always found a few hours of entertainment in games like Crackdown, Infamous, Hulk, etc.

For Prototype 1, yeah I would say it's worth it for $5. I'm still waiting on Prototype 2 to come down to that price though. Incidentally, Prototype was developed by the guys who did Hulk, if that gives you any idea what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom