• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

I really wish you could get steam keys for ubisoft games from humble... I tend to forget about games that aren't in my steam library.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sadly it's a bit more restrictive this time around so I won't be able to give out precise details on sales, dev cuts, etc. I'll see what I can share when it's over.

It's weird, because while I'm interested in seeing the data, I'm actually really just interested in making sure this is a success for you.

Good luck!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lost Civilization -- MB-CE189771138FE401 - Taken by Evrain
I included two keys. One of them is used, the other one is not. Sorry for the hassle. I think the first key is the unused one.

maty

Games from old bundles..

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bornlivedie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Anomaly 2 -- MB-5223DEC027C8D639 - Taken by Kiru
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-505DEA60B2105667 - Taken by bluechox2

diablogod

Giveaway testing also could someone link me the place that has all the modbot commands for giveaways, I tried googling it but it didn't help.

ModBot said:
Instructions for diablogod:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (diablogod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vanguard Princess -- MB-66902C45CE7954B3 - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.

t1405705090z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Does Destiny in the Steam database mean anything? Nothing?

http://www.breathecast.com/articles...and-activision-via-steam-on-march-2015-17324/

I apologize if this has been discussed. I searched back a handful of pages and only saw talk about the beta.

destiny isn't in the steam database, that's a christian music website so the odds of them breaking steam news is 0%, but more critically... you weren't browsing that website, which means you saw this link via another site like VG247 or N4G or whatever, and you should definitely notify those people to pull the link.

Lomax

By everyone, I meant a large number of people. Playfire's system was easily abusable from the start and there was little to no risk getting caught initially. I know many people earned their rewards the hard way but sadly they belong to the minority

I still don't get why SteamGaf is so sensitive to this playfire thing though. When fantomena was caught cheating rewards some time ago many people called him out on this thread and insulted him instead of quietly reporting him to Playfire/GMG. I don't see how this helps, it just makes everyone upset and may potenitally drive members away from the community

Why were we sensitive? Because we knew all the cheating would have exactly the result it did, which was that the program would end up gutted. Plus, it takes a certain level of audacity to talk so openly about cheating the program. Did lots of people cheat? Sure they did, just looking at the various achievements you could see they did. Did plenty of us not cheat and earn a ton of rewards? Certainly, and we are quite probably the majority.

SteamGaf clearly doesn't want a community of cheaters and poor sports, look all the way back at javadots, the existence of Modbot for giveaways, and the like. We all know what a cesspool the internet is and especially forums (even NeoGaf as a whole) and this community here tries to distance itself from it. That definitely is the biggest reason I've lurked here for so long and eventually began posting. If cheaters and people like that get "driven away," so much the better.

fantomena

The Humble Store Ubisoft sale

Im sad about the lack of Steam and UPlay activation options.

Levyne

Banned
destiny isn't in the steam database, that's a christian music website so the odds of them breaking steam news is 0%, but more critically... you weren't browsing that website, which means you saw this link via another site like VG247 or N4G or whatever, and you should definitely notify those people to pull the link.

Yeah I feel pretty small right now for linking it. Time to hide away for a few days.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah I feel pretty small right now for linking it. Time to hide away for a few days.

Don't worry about it too much, like I said I posted the same link yesterday and then facepalmed.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

That site is really interesting. It goes from posts like:

"The Gospel of Oprah Winfrey: Is One of the Country's 'Most Influential Spiritual Leaders' Leading People Down the Correct Road to Christ? (VIDEOS)"

To:

"Wii U Sales Cause Nintendo President Satoru Iwata to Take 50% Pay Cut Until the Company Turns Around"

And it updates with a single news item just once or twice a month.

They should really work on a consistent voice, like, "Is Satoru Iwata leading Nintendo Down the Correct Road to Christ,"

Shadownet

Banned

Thanks Chub for Cook Serve Delicious :D as a guy who has a passion for food, and micromanaging. This name is amazing!

Well I was pretty curious, it's a difficult number to arrive at on

And this should be at the top of your badges page, like this:

Thanks :) unfortunately I dont have a lot of cards so they're only worth like $11.00 total

SR4 complete already exists, it came out the other day

Saints Row IV Game of the Century edition

Yeah I saw that but I might wait for that Winter bomba sell.

Dead Rising 3! COOP BRUUUH! Plus I just bought my copy like 3 minutes ago :D

Lomax

South Park seems to be going down at the rate that Skyrim originally was, where it seems like it's going to take forever for it to get around $5-$10.

I guess that license was expensive.

I still regret not jumping on a cheap copy from a trader when it wasn't region locked. Oh well, Winter 2015 will be a great sale I'm sure!

Yakkue

Stupid question time, what's the difference between Trials Fusion and Trials Evolution?

Trials Fusion is the newer game, with a futuristic high-tech setting.
Trials Evolution (Gold) is a game from 2012 and includes tracks from Trials HD. It's set in a warehouse and an outdoor environment.
Both games have an editor to create your own courses, and I think Evolution offers more options in that regard.

You can easily add links of non-Steam games and programs to your Steam library.

I know, but that only works as long as they're installed, doesn't it? I don't have enough space for that :x

By everyone, I meant a large number of people. Playfire's system was easily abusable from the start and there was little to no risk getting caught initially. I know many people earned their rewards the hard way but sadly they belong to the minority

I still don't get why SteamGaf is so sensitive to this playfire thing though. When fantomena was caught cheating rewards some time ago many people called him out on this thread and insulted him instead of quietly reporting him to Playfire/GMG. I don't see how this helps, it just makes everyone upset and may potenitally drive members away from the community

Whynot? It's a classic case of the greedy ruining a good thing for everyone.
It's a minor case of immoral behaviour fucking over the innocent. And that should be upsetting to everyone.

I'm $14 short on GabeBucks for Wolfenstein. Maybe I should have waited to get Abyss Odyssey.

And Strider too, but I don't want to give Frosty the satisfaction.

Good thing I can't read spoilers. :lol
It's $24 on GF, by the way... I know you can't use your gaben dollars, but it's cheaper overall.

this is not a lie

I agree. I just wish that Alex Mercer skin was easier to unlock.
The voice acting in the final battle is hilariously awesome.

Copons

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

header_292x136.jpg

Cook, Serve, Delicious! #1 -- MB-B844D1EC9EC04A5D - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Cook, Serve, Delicious! #2 -- MB-75DB5C4943C40BA4 - Taken by swx

Those should actually be the gift links for the entire PWYW tier of the weekly bundle (CSD + Universe Sandbox + OOTP14), but nonetheless, I bought it to gift CSD, so do whatever you please with the other games.

aku:jiki

Trials Fusion is the newer game, with a futuristic high-tech setting.
Trials Evolution (Gold) is a game from 2012 and includes tracks from Trials HD. It's set in a warehouse and an outdoor environment.
Both games have an editor to create your own courses, and I think Evolution offers more options in that regard.
I didn't know it includes all the tracks from HD. That makes it the obvious first buy for someone who's deciding between the two.

They're very iterative sequels, there is no revolution between Evolution and Fusion.

Vastag

ModBot said:
Instructions for Vastag:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vastag, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-D6E8531ED3D1F2B4 - Taken by Exuro. 2 entrants total.

t1405706350z1.png

Mono

Steam... :|

You have created 183 listings this year. Before you can sell or list more than 200 items in a calendar year, we are required to collect certain information from you. Please click here to provide the necessary information. To find out more about this requirement, please visit the FAQ.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not to advocate tax fraud, but there's really nothing preventing you from creating additional accounts to mule cards to; 200 sales gives you at least $20, so even without cash transfer you could easily sell the cards, get the wallet money, and use it to gift yourself back games. *shrugs*

Tizoc

Seems Freedom Planet is gonna get delayed. I personally don't mind mainly because I'd rather get it by late July after I get my paycheck :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-BDA2AEAB33F5F9DB - Taken by spindoctor. 1 entrants total.

t1405706711z1.png

Fox318

Not to advocate tax fraud, but there's really nothing preventing you from creating additional accounts to mule cards to; 200 sales gives you at least $20, so even without cash transfer you could easily sell the cards, get the wallet money, and use it to gift yourself back games. *shrugs*

shhhhhhh

I've been funding Bad Rats 2 that way.

Shadownet

Banned
So I entered the raffle without reading that it was Uplay. So I'm giving this away after Speevy gave me a yelling.

tumblr_ltrdiprd371qm0tn1.jpg

he didn't yell :p

I'll just see if I can give it to someone in the name of Speevy.

Sini

The best
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SinineSiil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-0936E4C51FF085EA - Taken by EzioCroft. 16 entrants total.

t1405706651z1.png

yGray

Banned

If you're trying to save up for Witcher 3 or Alien Isolation though, this method wouldn't work. Or is there a way I'm not thinking of?

You should never sell enough cards to hit that 200 limit in a year. Once i hit 150 I stop selling shit cards and only sell things worth over $.10. Even then, you should wait for a sale since badge crafting inflates card prices so you get a bit more change per card.

So, I absolutely loved Wolf ANO. Are any of the other Wolfenstein games worthwhile / still stand up?

Wolf 2009 is a great B-level shooter that's semi-open world and is technically a prequel to ANO. It's not on steam right now but you can still find a box copy or buy it on one of the old consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom