• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Man I suck at doing combos in the game. I think my highest was 4 so far >_>
tumblr_n6z1vqqusC1r894ayo1_400.gif

Im at 12 hit combos. Dont think I'll do better than that.

------------------

On a fun little side note. Can you guys tell me.. :)

1) who on SteamGAF has your favorite avatar? like the avatar that you love the most. (beside your own)
2) who is your favorite SteamGAFer?
3) the best post you ever seen on SteamGAF? no need to go searching for it. Just give me the clipnote version.
1)Stumpokapow. No one can win against a dog with a crown. NO ONE.
2)Way too many to count or only choose one. Honorable mentions go to JaseC and Grief for helping people with steam, Jshackles for creating ES <3, The_Monk for being absurdly nice to everyone...and people who love Devin Townsend. I automatically like you.
3)Probably Javadots. That was so bizarre.

BadRamen

This is going to be random but anyone actually enjoy the Ducktales remake? I'm wondering if i should get it on the next sale but i just remember people being kinda meh about it on release.

Actually, I started and finished the game a few weeks ago. I had only dabbled in the original when I was a wee wee boy, but I enjoyed it, especially for the Amazon sale price of <$4! It can get stupidly difficult at the literal end of the game, but nothing worth saying, "I should have never played or paid this game!"

Side-note, is there any really cool Wolfenstein
Russian
deals with this weekend sale of it being Quakeconned? Or is the $30 the best deal available, disregarding Steam/GMG credit/vouchers?

Dr Dogg

That's still different than being kicked out of the service. I can't play any of my uPlay games right now.

e: Just got the hint about offline mode! Thanks Ubisoft!

I think uPlay is 3 strikes and you're out (well for an hour) but I can't remeber if you have to see the client to always start offline then go online to activate said code and then if things go awry when you boot the client up again is starts in offline mode like nothing happened. I'm surprised it's not listed as a unique selling point.

derExperte

I got my beta key for The Crew!
Then I tried to activate it on uPlay!
And it didn't work!
I tried it again and again and again!
And now I'm banned from uPlay for the next 60 minutes!

lol Ubisoft.

Does Steam act the same, when you try to activate an "invalid" key too many times?

Mine doesn't work either. The beta starts on Monday according to the email, maybe that's the reason.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Mine doesn't work either. The beta starts on Monday according to the email, maybe that's the reason.

Yeah, the e-mail mentions "guaranteed access" rather than "instant access". I can't say I'm shocked that Uplay doesn't support key activations of games that aren't yet public.

zkylon

zkylewd
BAM super ancient quote

OMFG I went down in some cave and suddenly there is this MOTHERFUCKING HUGE SPIDER THAT WANTS TO KILL ME I DUNNO but I GUESS it was a spider coming out a seashell? PROBABLY?
I killed him so fast I honestly don't know, he tried to spawn some spidery thingies but I was really too fast / clicking randomly with eyes closed, I... I... shit...
dam, i've been told there aren't that many but i don't like any of that shit

WTF, I wonder what happened that at some point giant spiders were the standard enemies in any fantasy/scifi/whatever setting.
Is this Tolkien's fault? Damned be South Africa and all their vuvuzelas.
yea i blame tolkien

afaik he was kind of nazi so i don't feel guilty for it

I used to be freaked out by almost all insects, and spiders, but I made myself take an entomology class in college and it helped a ton. If it was a real phobia it probably wouldn't have, but now I recommend it to everyone who complains about insects blindly :p

Now spiders in games are just usually underwhelming. They never seem as strong as other creature types. Bears though, bears are always rough. People should be freaked out by bears!
yea that wouldn't work for insane people such as myself

how do you think i got this crazy in the first place

That's nice. Care to show off your projects. Interested in what can be achieved by amateur devs.
i appreciate the interest but not yet :3

believe me gm is pretty useful and you can do cool stuff with it really fast

jagged alliance 2 and la mulana in maybe someday category
if i had a heart you would've broke it
lol

i've played la mulana a lot tho, i just got stuck at the minecart boss :p

Does Steam finally remove items from your wishlist if you redeem a key?

I just bought Killer Is Dead from Amazon (and I can't remember if I had it on my wishlist) and when I went to remove it, it wasn't there anymore.

Tellaerin

4+ hours into Inversion.

Gotta say this has gotten to be a really enjoyable shooter. Saber Interactive does good work.

...Saber Interactive developed Inversion? Okay, that's just jumped up several places on my "things to play from my backlog" list. (Just finished TimeShift earlier this week and really enjoyed it.)

JaseC

I just bought Killer Is Dead from Amazon (and I can't remember if I had it on my wishlist) and when I went to remove it, it wasn't there anymore.

Yeah, this kicked in a week or so ago.

dmix90

A sub is basically a container for apps. There being only one Trilogy Pack sub means all (non-blacklisted) stores share it -- the fact that there are region-specific subs for TW3 alone doesn't play into it at all since there is just the one app (292030).

That all being said, 10 hours ago CDPR removed the Trilogy Pack from Eastern European stores, haha.

Edit: Oh, wait, there's an RU-specific Trilogy Pack. But again, it contains the same apps as the ROW sub (and it's region-free).
Finally got it! Thank you! :)
Heh few hours ago trilogy sub in ru store were same as in the other stores. It looks like they desperately trying to do something but can't decide what exactly.

Arthea

Have you ever thought to yourself, "Man, I wish there were a game wherein you mount your friends"? Wish no longer.

I was sitting there and thinking about funny comment on this and then it hit me: wth, it ain't funny!

no, unfortunately only manual removal works

JaseC

Finally got it! Thank you! :)
Heh few hours ago trilogy sub in ru store were same as in the other stores. It looks like they desperately trying to do something but can't decide what exactly.

CDPR on region-locking:

saoirseshrug8njim.gif

velociraptor

Open it up and get your vacuum cleaner out.

Don't press it against anything but you can probably suck up a lot.

If you haven't done it in 3 years it's almost guaranteed to make a big difference.

If you want to go an extra step further, get some compressed air or something. Some people say you have to be careful with cans that have fluid but I haven't run into any issues (just don't flip it upside down).

I was under the impression vacuum cleaning the PC is a massive no-no thanks to a build up of static.

chronomac

Let's try this again.
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-105EA336AB3D7007 - Taken by danhese007
Enjoy.

JaseC

I haven't cleaned my PC once since I built it more than two years ago. At this point I'm fairly certain that the environment has given rise to sentient clumps of dust.

Phinor

That Little Inferno key was a duplicate :(

Oh wow, I thought I messed up and I actually did but in a way I didn't anticipate. I'll PM you the actual key after writing the following story: My notes said (and I'm very careful with keys and games, whether I've used them already) that I had an unused Little Inferno key on PC&Android Bundle 8, but I accidentally opened my Humble Bundle 8 order which incidentally also had Little Inferno. Only, that key was already used.

Yes. There's a cooldown period of half an hour, and if you hit the limit again within the following half an hour you're barred for an hour. I assume this keeps going up and up, but I'm not sure since I've only experienced the aforementioned limits myself.

God I hope Lynch makes another film. Inland Empire is almost a decade old.

It's never too late to rewatch Dune!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I haven't cleaned my PC once since I built it more than two years ago. At this point I'm fairly certain that the environment has given rise to sentient clumps of dust.

And we all know Australian dust is something else :p, mine is dust with electronics. I will clean it soon though.

JaseC

more garbage on the steam store, why am I not surprised?

You say "garbage", I say "one for the pile".

I'm just assuming they don't really want to do it ... but 1C/Scamco are forcing them to do it

That's what so strange about this whole thing -- CDPR has spent the past week or so doing everything but actually locking down the Russian subs.

Copons

dam, i've been told there aren't that many but i don't like any of that shit

yea i blame tolkien

afaik he was kind of nazi so i don't feel guilty for it

yea that wouldn't work for insane people such as myself

how do you think i got this crazy in the first place

No he wasn't! But he was a sonuvabitch for all the Ungoliant and Shelob stuff. SHAME ON YOU DEAR SIR
also i luv you all the same

Btw that spider I was talking about it's HUGE and pretty SCARY, and the worst thing is that it's UNEXPECTED.
But, it must be said that it was kinda easy and in the 5 mins or so I fought him, he got to spawn just one sibling and anyway his attacks were ranged and water based, so no creepy spider legs stabbing your heroes or creepy spider webs mummifying them.

So, aside the jump scare of its appearance, kicking its butt was not that great deal I was expecting as soon as I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom