• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't cleaned my PC once since I built it more than two years ago. At this point I'm fairly certain that the environment has given rise to sentient clumps of dust.

I probably need to clean mine but I have to invest in a modular PSU soon. I get stressed out just thinking about opening my PC case lol.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
That's what so strange about this whole thing -- CDPR has spent the past week or so doing everything but actually locking down the Russian subs.

I guess they're trying to find a way to make the publishers stop whining ... but not actually block anything (if possible)

but, but, but ... but this game is not garbage ... it's actually REALLY cool!! :)

They won't listen!

I'm not being facetious at all; the controls are actually really satisfying to learn and master. I would rate this game pretty highly for what it is. This is a great party game.

God I hope Lynch makes another film. Inland Empire is almost a decade old.

Didn't he say he has retired for good?

I was a little disappointed reading this statement since I like "A straight story", "Elephant man" and also weirder stuff such as "Mulholland drive", so hopefully he changes his mind.

lashman

They won't listen!

I'm not being facetious at all; the controls are actually really satisfying to learn and master. I would rate this game pretty highly for what it is. This is a great party game.

me neither ... I played it on XBLIG and it really IS a pretty fun game ...

Arthea

I was a little sad reading this statement since I like "A straight story", "Elephant man" and also weirder stuff such as "Mulholland drive", so hopefully he changes his mind.

I nominated it for most mindfucking movie ever award once, can't remember did it win, though.

I would so like him to make a new one.

zkylon

zkylewd
No he wasn't! But he was a sonuvabitch for all the Ungoliant and Shelob stuff. SHAME ON YOU DEAR SIR
also i luv you all the same
<3

tbh the spider scene from hobbit 2 was the only fun scene in that shitty ass movie :p

Btw that spider I was talking about it's HUGE and pretty SCARY, and the worst thing is that it's UNEXPECTED.
But, it must be said that it was kinda easy and in the 5 mins or so I fought him, he got to spawn just one sibling and anyway his attacks were ranged and water based, so no creepy spider legs stabbing your heroes or creepy spider webs mummifying them.

So, aside the jump scare of its appearance, kicking its butt was not that great deal I was expecting as soon as I saw it.
can u describe at which point it happens, like exact location, how far into the game, etc.

those kind of surprise spiders really give me like a mini-heart attack. i still remember the scene in resident evil 2 where there are spiders on the "camera".

like i almost fainted at that shit :/

so like knowing exactly when and maybe looking for a youtube video first helps

lashman

it's like world of goo divided by a thousand iOS derivations w/ oh so wacky penis physics

I'm sure pewdiepie and the like will get some mileage from it, that's for sure...

I'm pretty sure they already have done that by now - it's been out for over a year on XBLIG :p

yatesl

I really wish Child of Light would come down in price, either on Steam or Uplay. It's £8.99 on the Humble Store, but I'm more looking for £5 or £6.

Copons

<3

tbh the spider scene from hobbit 2 was the only fun scene in that shitty ass movie :p

can u describe at which point it happens, like exact location, how far into the game, etc.

those kind of surprise spiders really give me like a mini-heart attack. i still remember the scene in resident evil 2 where there are spiders on the "camera".

like i almost fainted at that shit :/

so like knowing exactly when and maybe looking for a youtube video first helps

I don't want to spoil it because the whole thing was also kinda fun.
Let's say, be wary of
a cave near Cyseal with dragon skeletons all over the place

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I was a little disappointed reading this statement since I like "A straight story", "Elephant man" and also weirder stuff such as "Mulholland drive", so hopefully he changes his mind.

Even if he never makes another movie again, I would love to see him take up the daily weather reports like he used to in the early 00s. It was a routine of mine.

Arthea

I really wish Child of Light would come down in price, either on Steam or Uplay. It's £8.99 on the Humble Store, but I'm more looking for £5 or £6.

wait a second, Humble Store wouldn't have dlcs discounted too, would it?

edited: is it me, or card dropping rate is atrocious lately.

I think I'm at the end of Dark Souls 2, is it weird that I find DS2's gameplay more satisfying than DS1's?

Nah, I liked DS2's gameplay more too. The melee was more fluid and the magic system was done much better. I think most people were disappointed in DS2's enemy and environment design.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
hahfdoch.png

good luck with that buddy. if I could use the market, I would undercut the living hell out of this dude

Too bad it's not an animu foil, it might actually sell for a price like that.

Voting yes on this so hard.

Have you ever thought to yourself, "Man, I wish there were a game wherein you mount your friends"? Wish no longer.

Oh cool, it's this game. I remember seeing footage of it from an xbox live indie games video, it actually didn't look like shit.

it will be 4.99 like other garbage xbox live indie games that come to steam..

Hey at least it's not Alpha Chimp or fucking Alderman.

abracadaver

X-COM anyone ?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-738DED2CAD194F30 - Taken by Archaix. 4 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-43EEB8520CE0DE3C - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-BF31DA4303640054 - Taken by Perun. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-081149AB63E9BE25 - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-734664CC91A11BC6 - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.

t1405715231z1.png

Phinor

So GMG had Evolve page and price up (thought the price only showed up in search etc.) ever since the game was revealed but the buy button was disabled. They had it up for 39.99€ which some people thought was a pretty good move for a multiplayer focused game. For a game that hasn't shown any singleplayer content at all yet.

GMG finally put the proper game up for pre-purchase. 39.99€? Nope. 49.99€? Not quite. Try 59.99€. And with that one swift move, the game moved from anticipated game to a bargain bin purchase.

dmix90

I actually imported Deadly Premonition alongside FWWM...

...but of course I've yet to play it (and have since bought it on Steam).
This game is just amazing. Would be great of course if it doesn't crashed or leaked memory so often sigh.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
this is what a hoarder says when animal control employees need to take away the 45 dead cats from all over the apartment but they get stopped when 15 of the remaining 82 live cats spray piss in their faces

What can I say? I love piss. ;)

This game is just amazing. Would be great of course if it doesn't crashed or leaked memory so often sigh.

Here's a fun fact: so long ago was the time I imported said items that, at the juncture, I had no idea who Saoirse Ronan was. If you walked up to me and said her name I would have assumed you were having a stroke.

Nah, I liked DS2's gameplay more too. The melee was more fluid and the magic system was done much better. I think most people were disappointed in DS2's enemy and environment design.

Yeah I can see from where that feeling comes from.

Being a SunBro is actually a lot of fun, and I enjoy the multitude of bosses.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I'm at the end of Dark Souls 2, is it weird that I find DS2's gameplay more satisfying than DS1's?
it's not weird, some things do feel better

i like the weapon selection and dungeon, boss and enemy design better in dks1 tho

I don't want to spoil it because the whole thing was also kinda fun.
Let's say, be wary of
a cave near Cyseal with dragon skeletons all over the place
hmm ok

i'll just spoil it for myself anyways as i always do

takes work being me

Arthea

So GMG had Evolve page and price up (thought the price only showed up in search etc.) ever since the game was revealed but the buy button was disabled. They had it up for 39.99€ which some people thought was a pretty good move for a multiplayer focused game. For a game that hasn't shown any singleplayer content at all yet.

GMG finally put the proper game up for pre-purchase. 39.99€? Nope. 49.99€? Not quite. Try 59.99€. And with that one swift move, the game moved from anticipated game to a bargain bin purchase.

I was wondering, don't publishers lose buyers with this pricing policy. If they themselves don't understand what they are doing, I thought sales would tell them, but it seems not, as this history keeps repeating itself.

http://abload.de/img/hahfdoch.png

good luck with that buddy. if I could use the market, I would undercut the living hell out of this dude
If I actually got a foil card, I'd do that. I've been idling my games all month, dropped over 350 cards and received not one foil.

yatesl

wait a second, Humble Store wouldn't have dlcs discounted too, would it?

Doesn't look like it. Turns out it's £6.80 if I used a VPN to access the US Humble Store. It's only a £2 saving, but PC gaming has taught me to save every penny.

I mean, really, what's £2? A McFlurry and a packet of chewing gum?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

It will have Single player. Bots are confirmed and I'm pretty sure they said an SP campaign will be in the game

If I actually got a foil card, I'd do that. I've been idling my games all month, dropped over 350 cards and received not one foil.

It took me 3-4 months to sell a toki tori 2 foil and i sold it for like half of what it was going for at one point just to get SOMETHING out of it.

foils can be the worst sometimes.

Arthea

look at the bright side, you can try to beat my record, I was way past 500 (unfortunately I stopped counting after 500) without a foil drop.

Copons

it's not weird, some things do feel better

i like the weapon selection and dungeon, boss and enemy design better in dks1 tho

hmm ok

i'll just spoil it for myself anyways as i always do

takes work being me

Don't worry, it's not that great of a spoiler, but I hid it just in case. :)
Also, it's unrelated to both the main and whatever side quest I found until now. The spoiler is more about a joke (that I found very funny) in a brief dialogue between the heroes while you unknowingly approach the spider. :)

Dr Dogg

What can I say? I love piss. ;)

There was a documentary over here called Obsessive Compulsive Hoarder and the poor bloke despite his family and social workers trying to getting his house in a liveable and hygienic condition wouldn't let go of any of his 'possessions'. When some of these included newspapers everyday for the last 30 odd years, broken electrical equipment he 'rescues' out of skips and pretty much any item of packaging for god knows how long you could tell he had some very deep problems.

Eventually when an Environmental Health officer got involved and started to make progress with him the most he would budge was bargaining. Like he'd throw out an old broken TV if he could have a working one despite having a whole host of fucked and new ones already in his house.

I hate to think how you'd act if someone want to take away just one of your games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom