• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
If I actually got a foil card, I'd do that. I've been idling my games all month, dropped over 350 cards and received not one foil.

Most of the time foils are more of a curse rather than a blessing. If you get a foil drop for an obscure indie game that nobody plays expect to never sell it.

my only luck with foils so far has been one in Transistor, which I managed to sell for $6

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So you were the one who bought R. Kelly's sheets off of eBay...

At 4:30am I don't have the energy to make a gif, so I submit this instead:

hannanananaljc7f.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Portal -- MB-F8CBC5EB67997775 - Taken by zeroOman
Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-3BDB3D6786FFCE68 - Taken by taco543

Arthea

so, steam had South Park on sale, even HB has it on sale, while gmg not and it's literally only one game I want from gmg now.
That's maddening I must say.
can you guys stop with piss talk? what's wrong with you?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hate to think how you'd act if someone want to take away just one of your games.

Squeenix tried:

... The multiplayer aspect of Order of War and Order of War: Challenge have subsequently ceased to function, and customers will notice that Order of War: Challenge has been removed from their Steam library. ...

But I had none of it:

It feels good to have Order of War: Challenge back in my library:

oowchallengeiqsfm.jpg

JakeD

oh wow, i won wolfenstein! it told me not to respond in the thread but i'm gonna bend the rules and say THANK YOU chubigans!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition -- MB-37C7BEB9A675BAF8 - Taken by Kirosia. 22 entrants total.

t1405716672z1.png

Altazor

Mother of God, it's so hot! I want to play Divinity but I can barely sit up. I thought that England was supposed to be cold!

It's winter around here and the past few days have been sunny with 24°C/75°F. Yeah, "winter".

In any case, I hate high temperatures. They're fucking unbearable.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Most of the time foils are more of a curse rather than a blessing. If you get a foil drop for an obscure indie game that nobody plays expect to never sell it.

my only luck with foils so far has been one in Transistor, which I managed to sell for $6
Yup, for a long time I was the sole seller of a Storm foil card, which I put up for $20. After a few months I lowered it to $15, but still no one bought it. Some months later I lowered it again to $10 and this time it sold. And during all that time it was the only card of its kind on the market, mind you.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Ermmm, apparently you can get Gurumin for free once it's greenlit if you vote for it?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RobotRescuers#announcements

That's a no-brainer, guys.

I hate things like this. Stupid morals :/

It's Gurumin though, so it'll make it through Greenlight easily without my vote.

The only really lucky foils I've ever had have all been anime girl foils. Those tend to sell for a good price of more than a $1.

I did get an Escape Goat foil that sold for a $1, not too bad.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:

Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-670E5F4367B68DE8 - Taken by Berlok

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't worry, it's not that great of a spoiler, but I hid it just in case. :)
Also, it's unrelated to both the main and whatever side quest I found until now. The spoiler is more about a joke (that I found very funny) in a brief dialogue between the heroes while you unknowingly approach the spider. :)

yea i think that's the shellfish one i meant, source nightmare or something like that

if that's it, it's actually a really easy spider for me

the unfazedness of the main characters is pretty funny too lol

No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. Weather in England is supposed to be miserable. It's the British way.
Ah that explains it! I sure am miserable without Divinity :p
It's winter around here and the past few days have been sunny with 24°C/75°F. Yeah, "winter".

In any case, I hate high temperatures. They're fucking unbearable.
Every summer I wish that I had a suit like Mr Freeze's. I'd look so cool.

lol

I'm creating a new playlist for my driving time, which version of the Dhalsim theme do you guys think its the best?

Original?
SF4?
Some obscure remix?

dhalsim-3_cwu5vxts.gif

Turfster

Well - another day, another rejection letter.
Sorry to hear that.

This is apparently Uplay rather than Steam but it's a free game so you'll live.
Sorry I missed this.

They should really work on a consistent voice, like, "Is Satoru Iwata leading Nintendo Down the Correct Road to Christ,"
"Christ, is Satoru Iwata leading Nintendo Down the Correct Road?"

1) Copons surprised cat
2) Turfster, he's awesome at posting the deals.
<3

Finally got it! Thank you! :)
Heh few hours ago trilogy sub in ru store were same as in the other stores. It looks like they desperately trying to do something but can't decide what exactly.
Hrm. So technically, we could still get a ROW version of w3?

And we all know Australian dust is something else :p, mine is dust with electronics. I will clean it soon though.
I went to Australia with white t-shirts, I came back with shirts that had been forever stained brown.
True story.

I mean, really, what's £2? A McFlurry and a packet of chewing gum?
Another discounted game, you mean.

Do the Street Fighter soundtracks also feature the spedup, time-is-running-out version of each song? Because dhalsim's time-is-running-out version of his SFII song is probably the best version of all of them.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I always know I love Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, but it never strikes home just how good of a game it is until I play it again and I'm reminded of just how good and clever it all is, both for single player or co-op.

If you haven't played the game and it is in your library, play it now for those Playfire Rewards or at least the higher number of people trying to do co-op and experience good fun. If you don't have the game yet, get it on the next sale.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Maybe If I feed you with free
quality
games, you will stop calling me a scumbag, an asshole and a poor shot. Enjoy the summer Steamgaf

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Quakecon Bundle 2014 -- MB-115F2817829AE918 - Taken by Sub Zero. 135 entrants total.

t1405727536z1.png

Lomax

Ermmm, apparently you can get Gurumin for free once it's greenlit if you vote for it?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RobotRescuers#announcements

That's a no-brainer, guys.

Honestly, in many ways doing this makes more sense than bundling. Sure, you don't get the upfront cash, but long term there's no keys floating around, you have complete control over how many you have to give away, and you can cut it off the moment you don't need any more votes.

rtcn63

Maybe If I feed you with free
quality
games, you will stop calling me a scumbag, an asshole and a poor shot. Enjoy the summer Steamgaf

213917-videogames-subzero-wins-and-killed-sonya.gif

EDIT: Not really anything, but I wanted to try CSD and the baseball thing. Not even sure what this thing is.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kirosia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-EA12AC82FA1A69AF - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.

t1405717992z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom