• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Anyone who doesn't buy Wolfenstein now that it's on sale.... well I don't know, I strongly suggest that you do! Dammit how good it is, it might be the best shooter since Half-Life 2, I'm not even joking, thinking about it I can't come up with one as good as this one.

I'd put it in the same league with the Metro games, but I agree, no other shooter will top it for anytime soon.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I'm willing to play L4D2 or L4D with the group if it was something like "making groups of 4 to go through campaigns" night or something.

With Killing Floor, it'd have to be the same way -- it's like 6 or so to a team, max... so it'd have to be like "we got 8, we'll make 2 games with 4" or something. :)

Killing Floor doesn't have teams .... it's always everyone VS AI ;)

Hugstable

Banned
There's an activation throttle? How many games do you have to add before it throttles you? I think I added like seven or eight this morning from some old Humble Bundles I had lying around, and had no problems.

Yeah I ended up buying that Blink Bundle today and redeemed the games and it seemed to take all of them no problem. First time I've actually herd of activation throttling.

JustLynx

Do you guys add every game you can to your steam library just to have a bigger collection ?

I do :p
and here's a list for that

There's an activation throttle? How many games do you have to add before it throttles you? I think I added like seven or eight this morning from some old Humble Bundles I had lying around, and had no problems.

try adding all of these games, after adding around 10 of these, my steam crashed

waby

Obligatory post :D

Since I'm not winning on those Dark Souls 2 giveaways since summer sale, I'm gonna buy a physical copy tomorrow and start dying on that game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I think it's more than 10 at least. I've seen accounts of people being locked out of activating keys for a short period of time when they activated 14 keys. It's supposed to be for invalid keys only, but sometimes it appears to lock you out with valid keys too.

Here's a Steam forum thread on it. Some posts near the end mention the limit being 25.

Mokoi

Banned
Well I'm starting to think the problem with steam may have actually been chrome, since it has been really buggy recently.

You seem like somebody who would know
probably need app locale

mindblown.gif

I probably forgot to change the app locale lol.
DOS here I come!!

Anyone up for some l4d2 right now?

Yeah actually I am. I've been meaning to get back into to it for steamgaf game night.

Anustart

Just played another hour or so of sleeping dogs. I really wish the driving were better. It keeps nagging at me from truly being in love.

Edit: If someone besides me wins reveangance, I'll trade you two 8 cent cards for it, plus one 30 cent foil.

maneil99

So people are mad at sub zero for making a great giveaway, accidentally winning it then posting it again and using SAM achievement manager, stay classy SteamGAF

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys add every game you can to your steam library just to have a bigger collection ?

Nope. I usually only keep games that I actually want to play or want a digital version of, and give the others away via ModBot or occasionally private message.

For example, I want to buy Sonic CD at some point just to have a digital PC version of it, even though I have the physical CD of CD on a shelf sitting next to other CDs, but I've never bothered to check if that version of CD is compatible with Windows 8. Besides that CD isn't the Steam version of CD, so I wouldn't be able to unlock the Steam achievements for Sonic CD if I ever played Sonic CD again.

Dingotech

Congrats to all the Fuzzification winners! No Shovel Knight for me for now.

I'm getting closer to cracking and just picking it up at full price.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So people are mad at sub zero for making a great giveaway, accidentally winning it then posting it again and using SAM achievement manager, stay classy SteamGAF

Some people were mad at me for admitting that I had no regrets for exploiting playfire. I can't fault them, but I wasn't expecting to get insulted either since I explained very well in the past why I chose to do it. But as I said before, Playfire seems to be a very sensitive matter in this thread so I'll stay out of any further discussions about it . I want to think that the part about me winning my own giveaway was actually humorous and I didn't piss off anyone.

Toki767

Some people were mad at me for admitting that I had no regrets for exploiting playfire. I can't fault them, but I wasn't expecting to get insulted either since I explained very well in the past why I chose to do it. But as I said before, Playfire seems to be a very sensitive matter in this thread so I'll stay out of any further discussions about it . I want to think that the part about me winning my own giveaway was actually humorous and I didn't piss off anyone.

I'm just glad you took that as humor and aren't getting offended by people supposedly being angry that you'd enter your own giveaway for fun when you don't even have to be making all these giveaways in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom