• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

11th place is pretty good. What's your speed.

7cdkrcl.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Are these Doom games that are on sale worth it? Now, I know the originals are great, I love them dearly. More interested if they're ok ports on steam here and playable and good and all that lovely lovin.

Yes, genre defining gameplay that is timeless. The only one I would be wary of is Doom 3: BFG Edition. Not because Doom 3 is necessarily bad, but because the BFG Edition is (or was) considered a downgrade that additionally removed mod support. The normal Doom 3 is still sold on Steam for less and is considered to be the better edition.

Corpekata

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Corpekata, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kingdom Rush -- MB-C5424FB1C883BCE8 - Taken by Catshade. 14 entrants total.

t1405838599z1.png

Going for 24 hours simply because it's the middle of the night so figured it wouldn't hurt to give more time. This is a Steam Gift and I'm pretty sure I formatted it right but have never given it out this way before so if you win and it's weird, I'll figure it out.

Speevy

Banned
They need to add an option for an endless raffle. It counts down and when it reaches 0 seconds, it starts counting back up to its original time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

That's just a few hours assuming near-max speed. The game took me literally an entire day to download and Bethesda didn't offer a pre-load period*. :(

* When the game unlocked here the pre-load switch was flicked elsewhere. Thanks for nothing, Bethesda.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
They need to add an option for an endless raffle. It counts down and when it reaches 0 seconds, it starts counting back up to its original time.

A Half Life 3 raffle, then.

I've put 23 hours into DW8 XL.

Zero crashes.

It's a fine port, though the lack of online play is frustrating.
Also this isn't exactly related to the quality of the port but DW8 XL has very um...mixed visual quality.

[Plinkett] Oh my gaaaaaaaadddd! What's wrong with your boouuuuullldeeeeerr.[/Plinkett]

Seems like we need to call Chris from RE5.

Yes, genre defining gameplay that is timeless. The only one I would be wary of is Doom 3: BFG Edition. Not because Doom 3 is necessarily bad, but because the BFG Edition is (or was) considered a downgrade that additionally removed mod support. The normal Doom 3 is still sold on Steam for less and is considered to be the better edition.

*Shrug* Depends on what your priorities are. When I played through BFG edition earlier this year, it seemed fine to me, as the only mods I'd want were now pretty much standard. Also, it had achievements, which I'm a sucker for. When theyr'e on sale, you can usually get both pretty cheap -- which is why I picked up BFG even though I already owned DOOM 3... figured it was easier than dealing with mods and had a bunch of extra content.

Thorgal

That's just a few hours assuming near-max speed. The game took me literally an entire day to download and Bethesda didn't offer a pre-load period*. :(

* When the game unlocked here the pre-load switch was flicked elsewhere. Thanks for nothing, Bethesda.

Steams says 2 hours .

I guess i am a bit spoiled with games being downloaded in 30 minutes :p

JustLynx

Good morning gaffers! :p
I just woke up and watched some gameplay from The Crew and I've gotta say... it looks fun!
this all roaming in the USA sounds really amazing, I can't wait for it to be released... too bad it's using Uplay though =\

The-Bean

i'm curious as to how long it would take to download that with those speed. took me 45 minutes to download wolfenstein

Assuming the download was using 100% of his connection the entire time (and the download is exactly 40GB) then it would take about 2 hours.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just came back from the cinema, watched the new Transformers movie with a friend. I suddenly feel like firing up War for Cybertron and shooting some robots (but I won't because it's 4:00 and I should go to sleep).

I've learned something new today, don't try to organize your wishlist on Enhanced Steam if you are going to move more then 10 things. The reason is that each time you click and drag to move something it's data (price, sale and all that nice extra info jshackles gives us) will come up and won't go away until you save/refresh the page.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I hope you're not treating that stuff seriously, you are an amazing person.

Don't worry, I'm not :p

Well, a couple of people pissed me off earlier with their comments about my playfire cheating, but it's cool now. I'll just ignore them from now on

Hugstable

Banned
Oh was watching my friend stream Destiny, game looks like a lot of fun, it's like a MMO version of fps

It feels exactly like a MMO in so many ways. Items have the same White/Green/Blue/Purple quality colors, PvP commendations that you collect to turn in back in town, Quest rewards, dancing emotes. It's so much like an MMO, but I've actually really enjoyed everything that I've played so far. Just cruising around on those land bikes are fun and it's gonna be amazing to see all the worlds and content that is gonna be available to explore.

Anteater

It feels exactly like a MMO in so many ways. Items have the same White/Green/Blue/Purple quality colors, PvP commendations that you collect to turn in back in town, Quest rewards, dancing emotes. It's so much like an MMO, but I've actually really enjoyed everything that I've played so far. Just cruising around on those land bikes are fun and it's gonna be amazing to see all the worlds and content that is gonna be available to explore.

Yeah, being like a mmo is actually a plus to me lol, I like games with a big world with a bunch of people just roaming around. I didn't know there were vehicles either, so that's really cool too, it's one thing I liked about Halo.

Monooboe

Anyone who doesn't buy Wolfenstein now that it's on sale.... well I don't know, I strongly suggest that you do! Dammit how good it is, it might be the best shooter since Half-Life 2, I'm not even joking, thinking about it I can't come up with one as good as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom