• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

saunderez

Luckily* I skipped that bundle.

*because having to jump through hops to get Steam keys annoys me greatly.
It's a really dumb thing to do IMO. I'll probably never buy a game if I get screwed out of a key from a bundle so it'll never show up in my activity feed and therefore get no publicity from me. I don't know how often I've clicked on random games in the activity feed and bought said game but it's quite a few.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
STEAM | August 2014 - Idling for cards is no longer a viable way to waste your life :(

I've been trying to download Speedrunners and Sakura Spirit to play them but my download stalls (or gets corrupted), What should I do?

I can't download that much since I'm on a daily bandwidth cap (10gb) shared my family so any answers will definitely help.

Dr Dogg

I like the filtering options. Now I can see how many games I have beaten in each year

The rate I'm going this year everything would be in the Never Ending category.

I'd ask why Arkham City is in there.

It's the non GOTY edition (I've learned my lesson with WB titles now on) so that one still has SecuROM and GFWL festering inside it so I've popped it in that category so it's out of the way. The complimentary GOTY edition I got is lumbered in with the rest of them.

Really I just use them to filter out the stuff I don't want to see. I've usually got my Library point at Favourites so it's not an endless list of stuff I'll neglect. Once I've completed a game but aimed to knock out the rest of the achievements I'll pop it in the Finished to Complete category and when I'm done with it entirely I'll uninstall it and pop it back into the Default Games category. The DRM and GFWL categories are there to remind me that if I install or uninstall this that I will need to do some management of revoking licences or backing up profiles. I swear I spend more time managing my games than playing them.

It's the non GOTY edition (I've learned my lesson with WB titles now on) so that one still has SecuROM andGFWL festering inside it

I considered that as soon as I posted but thought it was too outlandish to think they updated one version and not the other.

Oh boy, some developers.

As for me, my organization is simple. Games, and games never to install again.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I've been trying to download Speedrunners and Sakura Spirit to play them but my download stalls (or gets corrupted), What should I do?

I can't download that much since I'm on a daily bandwidth cap (10gb) shared my family so any answers will definitely help.

It isn't possible to tell if the issue is with Valve's servers or your own connection without testing. 5 of their US servers are down right now, but this may or may not affect you.

Arthea

Trails being the best seller on steam and gog is a sight to behold.
I hope Xseed is happy, Falcom will know this and say: look! they like our games, we should release EVERYTHING.jpg
dreams, dreams

Let's rerelease every game with acronyms that make people giggle.

you do understand that it's unintentional? just checking (><)

Volimar

I hope Xseed is happy, Falcom will know this and say: look! they like our games, we should release EVERYTHING.jpg
dreams, dreams

Let's rerelease every game with acronyms that make people giggle.

morning, here's some spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (YianGaruga, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ring Runner -- MB-7E5A7D50C3A37BD2 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
LOVE -- MB-CD510E5A726973A1 - Taken by Vazduh. 3 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-393FFC9DC1ADD509 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 3 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-8CBF9120C411BDC2 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Go Home Dinosaurs -- MB-F9EF82FCED5400A2 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Retro Grade -- MB-3BA851FC40328BE1 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Not The Robots -- MB-B58F4952B38CD9C5 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Canyon Capers -- MB-C9B14566EDADD019 - Taken by swx. 1 entrants total.

t1406707338z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
dreams, dreams

The JRPG drought on Steam is real. I need more!!!!

Spoilers: Yaiba cutscene at the end of mission 4:

http://a.pomf.se/fvlfgd.webm

"I'm going to carve your fucking skull into a hat..."

Hayabusa bought to wreck someone haha.

Arthea

The JRPG drought on Steam is real. I need more!!!!

Hayabusa bought to wreck someone haha.

We need more, that's true, especially Falcom PC games, although some of them probably are too old and too much work to release on steam, but one can hope.

also I must say that I'm yet again impressed with Xseed and their fair pricing policy.
Xseed is awesome!

Reposting this myself, like a real man.
ModBot said:
Instructions for NeoGAF: Nothing stops this train.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MarcoZombieCannon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Game -- MB-1D4D4507E2EBC413 - Taken by AsylumX. 35 entrants total.
I've seen this game in my activity feed a lot

t1406711057z1.png

We need more, that's true, especially Falcom PC games, although some of them probably are too old and too much work to release on steam, but one can hope.
If it comes down to emulating 16-bit Windows for some games to run, then maybe it's beyond their reach. The Gagharv games and Brandish 4/VT would be pretty rough going for Sara no matter how they tackle it.

Hugstable

Banned

also I must say that I'm yet again impressed with Xseed and their fair pricing policy.
Xseed is awesome!

There is still Ark of Nephatism (sp?) that also had a PC version, but it was published by Konami. Wouldn't mind getting a chance to play yS VI since I never got the chance to play the PS2 copy as well.

There is still Ark of Nephatism (sp?) that also had a PC version, but it was published by Konami. Wouldn't mind getting a chance to play yS VI since I never got the chance to play the PS2 copy as well.
The PS2 and PSP versions were published by Konami, and I think we decided that we're not sure that Konami has any kind of hold on the original PC release. Especially if the fan translation gets used as the base like with Oath and Origin.

First and last Tales game for me was Symphonia. I vividly remember pouring over the Prima guide back when that was a thing. Guess what? I even cosplayed as Lloyd Irving.

...lol

Shadownet

Banned
Dammit, Shadownet, don't play with my heart. >_<#

I'd like to see some Tales of games in Steam. Like all of them

Best RPG I played last gen.

This was probably my least favorite Tales (i think it's horribly overrated) and i'd still get this day one if it came to steam.

when i was 11 i made a wish that Symphonia would one day remastered in HD. 10 years later it was.

Lets hope in 2018 we'll see Vesperia on Steam.
I'll take PS3 or PS4 as well.
--------------------

it is a bit overrated, but its incredibly good. my 2nd favorite after Symphonia.

Arthea

This was probably my least favorite Tales (i think it's horribly overrated) and i'd still get this day one if it came to steam.

oh my! someone agrees with me for a change (><)
ya, I would take Tales of Graces over it any day, dat graces battle system
I'd still buy it and even replay it, if it was to come to steam, any Tales game, in fact

Graces f.
you are my Tales bro from now on and until forever dot, you can have my sword, when you need it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom