• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you said you didnt have anything good to gift, and then post they bleed pixels...which is fucking awesome.

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

dot

SUP

I don't care what anyone says. Get over it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Who's That Flying?! -- MB-762F9B6417B3FC30 - Taken by Ventara. 3 entrants total.

t1406702658z1.png
#keepingitreal #plstakethis #ariana

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So let me make a suggestion if you are ever going to move into a loft or buy a house and have the option of a built in microwave. Don't do it. No real convenience factor and when they break, torture to remove.

Let me also suggest that next time you can grab They Bleed Pixels, take it. Quite the fun platformer game with a combo based combat system, and has one of the best checkpoint system around.

Haley Joel Osment gets stabbed in Pay it Forward, so maybe there's a lesson.

What a weird prequel to Kingdom Hearts.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
SUP

I don't care what anyone says. Get over it.

but WTF is also a cool game...what the fuck is going on today? Steamgaf becoming elitist as shit aparently o_O

"in this thread we only eat caviar and play Divinity"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So let me make a suggestion if you are ever going to move into a loft or buy a house and have the option of a built in microwave. Don't do it. No real convenience factor and when they break, torture to remove.

I'm going to do the smart thing and build my house using Lego.

Lain

OK guys, for the first time ever I have backed a game on kickstarter. I know this news now has earth shattering relevancy to your lives. Anyways, I would appreciate it if you guys wouldn't mind checking it out on Steam Greenlight. Find it here ->
268x268.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255569389

Please vote for it if you think it looks good enough. Additionally, the $10 reward tier is open until twelve midnight est today (comes with drm free and Steam copy if greenlit). I am in NO way affiliated with this game or its creators, I just think it looks all kinds of awesome. The guy heading it up also successfully kickstarted a short film. You can watch it here : http://mografi.com/fathoms/.

I hope all of you are enjoying playing with TiTS today!

Catching up on the thread.
This looks interesting, so it got my vote on Greenlight. Sadly, since I saw this only now the 10$ tier is gone and while the game appears interesting, it doesn't feel 15$ backing interesting to me, though it seems to be doing well already, so I'll just have to grab it on sale after it releases.

Ventara

So I won Freddi Fish 2 yesterday, and that mystery game might be TitS... so... yeah. Don't hate me.

World of Goo is a very stylish and clever puzzle game that I really enjoyed. Really, it's a great game. The other games are pretty good, too. This is an old humble key, btw. HB3, I think.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ventara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos and Edge -- MB-9E1D7FF4713BF62C - Taken by Kanhir

Rhaknar

Jenny LeClue reminds me of the name of an actress I found out about recently... wait, nvm >_>

Did anyone email meridian about the Selham Defense key from indieroyale and got a reply yet?

Jenny LeClue reminds me of the name of an actress I found out about recently... wait, nvm >_>

Did anyone email meridian about the Selham Defense key from indieroyale and got a reply yet?

I did. They gave me a key, but the way the email read made me a little salty with them.

I'll paste it, hold on.

Dear customer,
Meridian4 is solely responsible for Selknam on Steam. We do not receive any financial compensation from other distributors, only Steam. However, in the spirit of good customer service (and hopefully a Facebook Like) below is a Steam Key for Selknam.
Key:
<key was here>

Thank you,

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/officialmeridian4
Twitter: twitter.com/Meridian4
Facebook: facebook.com/Meridian4
YouTube: youtube.com/user/meridianfourgames
Web: meridian4.com

The way I read that comes off like they're bending over backwards to give me good customer service instead of, y'know, following through on delivering a Steam key once greenlit.

--

Speaking of Greenlight, I'm pretty sad that I seemingly missed the chance to back that Jenny LaClue game for $10. I really don't feel like giving them $15 at the moment, so it seems like importing from Russia or waiting for a Steam sale is on the docket.

Benedict

Trying to clear the backlog giveaway. Steam-keys only

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Marine Sharpshooter II Jungle Warfare -- MB-951D89DDD4B6C12A - Taken by roadrunn3r
Fly'n -- MB-3B0C58CF9898B6A3 - Taken by Hugstable
Project Aftermath -- MB-DCC38AF114B68C19 - Taken by tylergregg
Acension to the throne -- MB-5D3165C6C3C91171 - Taken by Phawx
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-7F6AE9E82C364FC0 - Taken by agniswarm
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-92E817956ACD9E04 - Taken by bobnowhere
Konung 3 -- MB-BFCAB46090249C07 - Taken by Knurek
Plain Sight -- MB-5CA67EBAA3BCCA70 - Taken by Pranay_
Mata Hari #2 -- MB-8C399978A9162E4C - Taken by doctorcdcs
99 Levels to Hell -- MB-3D525C7895AECC27 - Taken by Driw3r
Mata Hari -- MB-8C399978A9162E4C - Taken by doctorcdcs

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The keys you added for the games was already listed in ModBot from several previous giveaways of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
OK guys, for the first time ever I have backed a game on kickstarter. I know this news now has earth shattering relevancy to your lives. Anyways, I would appreciate it if you guys wouldn't mind checking it out on Steam Greenlight. Find it here ->

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255569389

Please vote for it if you think it looks good enough. Additionally, the $10 reward tier is open until twelve midnight est today (comes with drm free and Steam copy if greenlit). I am in NO way affiliated with this game or its creators, I just think it looks all kinds of awesome. The guy heading it up also successfully kickstarted a short film. You can watch it here : http://mografi.com/fathoms/.

I hope all of you are enjoying playing with TiTS today!

Seems interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

Hugstable

Banned
Yay got 3 wins in a row playing CS:GO comp tonight and got my Silver 2! Also got like 2 crates within 3 games. I still suck but atleast I feel like I progressed some today.

Oh boy, new Nvidia drivers. Why they need Steam to be closed to install, I'll never know.

Edit: cool, these ones didn't remove my downsampling resolution like the last batch.

wilflare

corrosivefrost talked to me on Steam in an attempt to help me fix my Chrome issues with ES

a relaunch of Chrome and moments later, ES starts working.

SteamGAF is full of wizards

Dr Dogg

Right so this probably got lost in the shuffle of the last few pages but the latest beta update has some added library sorting, namely being able to filter just your set custom categories.

And before you ask no Gears of War is not on Steam I've added it as a non-steam game and chucked in with the evil GFWL stuff to satisfy my OCD.

Steam Client Beta Update - July 29th

We've just published a new beta which includes the following changes.

Steam Client
Fixed shift key being stuck down after shift-clicking a link in the web view

Library
Added by-category filter options to the filter dropdowns in all library views
When switching between library views, remember the category of the game selected and retain it when possible
In list view with game images selected, display the image on all instances of the game instead of only one
Fixed add to/remove from family games when using multiple selection
Fixed a game losing focus when switching for the first time from details/list view to grid view

Linux
Fixed Big Picture overlay flashing when visible
Fixed crash when using web view
Updated Steam Runtime

Mac OS X
Fixed keyboard input being slow

In-Home Streaming
Fixed crash in Max Payne 3 with a streaming controller
Fixed crash with Dirt 3 and GRID 2 when there is a local controller attached
Fix color range on NVIDIA cards

Rhaknar

I'll paste it, hold on.

The way I read that comes off like they're bending over backwards to give me good customer service instead of, y'know, following through on delivering a Steam key once greenlit.

haha I had the exact same email. oh well at least we got the keys, this almost guarantees they wont post them on indieroyale

Lain

if you want your Selkham Defense key from indieroyale debut 12, you need to email meridian support at support@meridian4.com with proof of purchase (I sent a picture of the bundle page, hopefully thats enough as I dont keep bundle emails)

Luckily* I skipped that bundle.

*because having to jump through hops to get Steam keys annoys me greatly.

Deques

Right so this probably got lost in the shuffle of the last few pages but the latest beta update has some added library sorting, namely being able to filter just your set custom categories.

And before you ask no Gears of War is not on Steam I've added it as a non-steam game and chucked in with the evil GFWL stuff to satisfy my OCD.

I like the filtering options. Now I can see how many games I have beaten in each year
LnCASaz.png

Ventara

It's not a big deal, but I've seen it a few times and I just want to point out that it's Trails in the Sky, so only the first T and last S should be capitalized in the abbreviated version. TitS.
I'm being stupidly picky, aren't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom