• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

The Colin McRae Rally that got released today on Steam is not the original PC version, but something based on last year's mobile version? What.

Yeah, I just saw it as a reward on playfire and I got all excited. Then I saw achievements and trading cards and I got really excited.

But turns out it's some cherry picked CMR2 stuff.

That's strange. It should only be opening the game if you have card drops available, and should move on to the next one when there aren't any left to idle. If you visit your badges page, does it say you have card drops remaining?

Yes, it says that I have 5 card drops remaining. It also says that I am able to get booster packs.

I've never spent enough money on this game to get 5 cards(US$9.00 per card). I'll let Idle Master open for 15 minutes to see what happens though.

edit: From what I'm guessing, the game will get me every card because I spent money before the cards were implemented? I did spend money on it but it was only ~10US$ a long time ago so I've never even bothered opening this game to wait for cards. It seems it was just a mistake on my part, my bad.

edit2: yup, that was it. A card just dropped for me. Sorry for any confusion!

chixdiggit

Trying to read back over the thread from last night. I see a lot of people had issues with Idle Master for games that had special characters in their names (which is now fixed) but was anyone else having any other problems?

I've got quite a few other "real life" obligations I have to take care of today (turns out, the timing of me launching this wasn't ideal) but if everyone is rocking along with the script I'll toss up a dedicated thread for it soon and try to answer any questions I can in that.

Awesome job.
Do I need to have the game installed for it to work?
Do I need to have the Steam.exe open or will just Enhanced Steam be fine?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Btw, is Warner known for region-locking their games? Shadow of Mordor looks interesting, but backlog and wallet say "no" atm. Hope it will remain region-free.

Warner's never region-locked anything, with the exception of Injustice's ROW sub, but only after Valve locked it first (ACRTAG in both cases).

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
This is several hours late, but I wanted to add something to the mouse talk since this just happened to me. My mouse recently started acting up, with the involuntary double clicks and not maintaining a drag and drop action. This happens when the clicker (called a microswitch) starts to go wonky on you. You can replace these fairly easily if you don't mind doing a little soldering, but mine was actually really easy to fix; you open up the mouse and you dab a drop of WD-40 (or the generic Walmart offbrand version) in there on the white clicky bit. I only just did this yesterday, so fingers crossed it keeps working but I was pretty happy not to have to do any real work to fix or replace my mouse.

Ruruja

This is several hours late, but I wanted to add something to the mouse talk since this just happened to me. My mouse recently started acting up, with the involuntary double clicks and not maintaining a drag and drop action. This happens when the clicker (called a microswitch) starts to go wonky on you. You can replace these fairly easily if you don't mind doing a little soldering, but mine was actually really easy to fix; you open up the mouse and you dab a drop of WD-40 (or the generic Walmart offbrand version) in there on the white clicky bit. I only just did this yesterday, so fingers crossed it keeps working but I was pretty happy not to have to do any real work to fix or replace my mouse.

If only I had some WD40. This has happened to my last 3 mice (including my current one). It's incredibly frustrating. I tend to middle-click on links a lot to open a new tab, and now I get 3 of the same tab for 1 click!

JaseC

That's faker than fake. Not only is the e-mail written in exactly the same style as the OP, but Kickstarter's FAQ states that legal recourse is the responsibility of backers:

Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?
Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) This information can serve as a basis for legal recourse if a creator doesn't fulfill their promises. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.

And finally, the e-mail is a week old -- if Kickstater had information that could compel Valve to pull the game, it would have happened already as such matters are taken very seriously (Paper Monsters was up for all of about six hours or so).

Whom do I have to kill to get a port of EDF2025? I tweeted D3 and the devs themselves like a billion times and they've never answered... not even once to tell me to shut up.

kudoboi

That's faker than fake. Not only is the e-mail written in exactly the same style as the OP, but Kickstarter's FAQ states that legal recourse is the responsibility of backers:

And finally, the e-mail is a week old -- if Kickstater had information that could compel Valve to pull the game, it would have happened already as such matters are taken very seriously (Paper Monsters was up for all of about six hours or so).

yeah. the post seemed really fishy when i noticed that he doesn't even own the game on steam

fokkusu

Damn, that's a lot of dipping. Could you explain the appeal of buying a game more than once? I've seen multiple people do it I just don't understand it myself.

Well I guess, I really love the Witcher world and love to support the devs making just the perfect games around the world. :)

_hekk05

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (_hekk05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

SpaceChem -- MB-6EE6827E1B31E86E - Taken by deadflower81
Dino Dday -- MB-242F7E6854A2E4F5 - Taken by Teppic
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-73DFE6AFD7FC2F0D - Taken by WinterDemons

pls

dex3108

Valve reads GAF XD

We've just published a new beta which includes the following changes.

Steam Client
Fixed web views not displaying content if the helper process took too long to be launched (as happens on Windows after a reboot)

Library
Remove user categories from navigation bar hover menu. They are still available in the game filters drop-down in the library views.
Add context menu to category headers in library views, containing "Expand All" and "Collapse All", and, in details/mini view, "Show/Hide Icons"
Improve category collapse state synchronization between library views.
Make type-to-search properly expand categories in list view. Better synchronize type to search between library views.

Linux
Fixed enter key not working correctly in web views
Updated Steam Runtime

Mac OS X
Fixed issues with being able to select Steam in the System Accessibility settings

JaseC

Transistor's Weekend Deal discount of 33% went live an hour early ($13.39 or 4/4.5 keys). Annoyingly the Soundtrack Edition isn't discounted, but this may change come 10am PDT -- if it does, you're looking at $20.09 or 6.5 keys.

Grief.exe

I followed up on the Stomping Land on Steam, since the concept and the gameplay video I had seen when it launched, looked surprising. I was wondering where the game went after the initial first week of hype.

Well, turns out the developers haven't updated for weeks, are nowhere to be found, and the game is pretty much abandoned.

Fucking dinosaurs man, we're never going to see a good survival game with them are we?

The only proof seems to be the developer isn't very communicative, which he has been from the start.

It seems like the game was getting significant updates, but has been silent for the past month.

The Colin McRae Rally that got released today on Steam is not the original PC version, but something based on last year's mobile version? What.

Seems to be the case. Someone in the thread mentioned that the series is in Licence hell that causes difficulty for putting the original PC versions up on Steam.

I am not familiar with the series so take that information with a grain of salt.

I love that Divinity: Original Sin keeps clawing its way back up the sales charts. Very well deserved.

Transistor's Weekend Deal discount of 33% went live an hour early ($13.39 or 4/4.5 keys). Annoyingly the Soundtrack Edition isn't discounted, but this may change come 10am PDT -- if it does, you're looking at $20.09 or 6.5 keys.

This probably won't bother anyone, but I'm going to mention it anyways because it really annoyed me:

The Transistor soundtrack doesn't have the reveal trailer's song in it ("We All Become"). It only features a longer version of the song that's very different overall.

Beware, all ye who proceed.

Corpekata

Banned
"Haven't updated for weeks" = abandoned in the eyes of the average steam forum denizen. But you have to remember they are all crazy. People are WAY too fast to declare a game abandoned these days.

Dr Dogg

So i don't buy new games day 1 on steam but have they always been £50 ?

Nope, not even Activision are that barmy. Sometimes there might be a Deluxe Edition that might cost that much but even Watch_Dogs DD Ed was £45. Though Steam's prices have always been higher than UK retail prices so I've generally waited for lower prices or if I want something asap and it's not region locked use various traders. Though some UK retail deals can work out even cheaper than them at times if you shop around or get in really early on Amazon. Of course this is only effective against Steamworks redeemable games which you might want to check and double check beforehand.

iosefe

no, what the categories system needs is for it to remember if you had a category open or closed for your next login

valve pls

Nope, not even Activision are that barmy. Sometimes there might be a Deluxe Edition that might cost that much but even Watch_Dogs DD Ed was £45. Though Steam's prices have always been higher than UK retail prices so I've generally waited for lower prices or if I want something asap and it's not region locked use various traders. Though some UK retail deals can work out even cheaper than them at times if you shop around or get in really early on Amazon. Of course this is only effective against Steamworks redeemable games which you might want to check and double check beforehand.

Cheers for the info!

x5uduIm.jpg

installed this game only to get this achievement

Nicely done.

image.php

no, what the categories system needs is for it to remember if you had a category open or closed for your next login

valve pls

Yess.

--

Testing webm embedding for lashman with my 2 webms from Crypt of the NecroDancer:
http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/Crypt Of The NecroDancer part 1.webm
http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/Crypt Of The NecroDancer part 2.webm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom